Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What Actually Happened Yesterday :(

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by beautyaddict View Post
    The man in hospital is most likely deemed medically incompetent given head injury , and care is been taken not to create any legal loopholes , a process , a legal process needs to be followed .

I get the emotion but some of what is being posted here and elsewhere will not stand when calmer heads prevail. Law and justice must never be applied /driven by such emotionally energy. We live in a civilized society, at times it requires patience

I personally will wait to hear all the facts then comment

As I say some of the posts are ridiculous across various threads, leaving the EU among them , Dublin is not Gotham city . Our crime rates are actually relatively low our economy strong so immigrants are not wrecking havoc . We have a dreadful housing crisis , probably 30 years in the making

Do we need to review immigration policy .... YES but calmy intelligently not this and the Brazilian who intervened , hello balance required to get it right , much immigration is of great value to us

As to that Man up shit , protect our women and children , seriously now , our women and children are generally murdered raped by a close relative not this shit

Do we need to review Muslim issues , yes we do even though it pains me to say so , I see no condemnation of what is being done to women in Afghanistan from the Muslim community , I have daughters I will not accept any beliefs that allow women to be degraded so we need to have a debate and a way forward but not a plan based on assault and mindless rhetoric, man up , yeah right look to your own first.

Do we need to review granting of Irish Nationality after 5 years, again probably it should be staged with final rights after say 10years and no one gets it if they believe women are property and they lose it if they commit certain crimes

I get the anger but some posts across this site are pure gold to very people who started those riots

I feel for those childrens families and the teacher who got stabbed . Lets learn and with calm intelligence make it better .

Quote Originally Posted by Noregrets View Post
    We have also established that a family member of the suspect contacted gardai hours after Thursday’s attack to tell them he had been a normal man until he suffered a brain tumour two years ago.

If true, its nothing to do with his religion, or immigration status and a serious failing of our courts and health service.

What will the mob say then?

Sure we just needed an excuse to riot and would have found another one
    I fully Agree

Disgraceful!!

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeeXPJGn/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeeqqH51/

People need to be careful before allowing themselves to be manipulated

Take a step back and consider the full facts or lack of!!

I've seen enough riot's over the years in the North to last me a lifetime
    Thank God although not perfect we are living and getting along with each other now
    The majority of our youth have lost their tolerance for blanket indiscriminate hate

Stereotyping Anyone
    Race,Creed,Colour or sexual orientation is Extremely dangerous

It only service's to feed those with an agenda

The reasons and motivation for this Horrible Attack, Sick as they may be
    will eventually come to light

Too many pulled the race card on this one!!

There is a big difference between

Economic migration can be limited or stopped for those outside the EU but being a part of the EU means free movement to all member states

Irish people are looked upon very fondly across the world for our friendly nature

These riot's have only served to make us all look like a mob of racists!!

Not in my Name!!
    Not in my Ireland!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmorInfinito8 For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (25-11-23), Lighthearted2022 (25-11-23)

Quote Originally Posted by Noregrets View Post
    We have also established that a family member of the suspect contacted gardai hours after Thursday’s attack to tell them he had been a normal man until he suffered a brain tumour two years ago.

If true, its nothing to do with his religion, or immigration status and a serious failing of our courts and health service.

What will the mob say then?

Sure we just needed an excuse to riot and would have found another one
    So in light of developing information there was absolutely no reason for the racist and

utterly xenophobic rantings that went on here on the Forum either . : in light of day etc.

It was quite disturbing - for me at least - to see some posts .

It’s one thing to discuss immigration issues ; it’s a diff thing to be racist / act racist .
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Noregrets (25-11-23), Ryankelvin (25-11-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    So in light of developing information there was absolutely no reason for the racist and

utterly xenophobic rantings that went on here on the Forum either . : in light of day etc.

It was quite disturbing - for me at least - to see some posts .

It’s one thing to discuss immigration issues ; it’s a diff thing to be racist / act racist .
    Taking into consideration the horrific events that had occurred, emotions were always going to run high .
    It was the main reason I didn’t post on Thursday.
    It is always better to know the facts before drawing conclusions.
    Mental health or tumours etc. can affect different people in different ways .
    Doesn’t change the fact that a number of people are fighting for their lives.
    We hope and pray they make a full recovery.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (25-11-23), beautyaddict (25-11-23), Corsasport (26-11-23), Stephanie (25-11-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmorInfinito8 View Post
    I fully Agree

Disgraceful!!

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeeXPJGn/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeeqqH51/

People need to be careful before allowing themselves to be manipulated

Take a step back and consider the full facts or lack of!!

I've seen enough riot's over the years in the North to last me a lifetime
    Thank God although not perfect we are living and getting along with each other now
    The majority of our youth have lost their tolerance for blanket indiscriminate hate

Stereotyping Anyone
    Race,Creed,Colour or sexual orientation is Extremely dangerous

It only service's to feed those with an agenda

The reasons and motivation for this Horrible Attack, Sick as they may be
    will eventually come to light

Too many pulled the race card on this one!!

There is a big difference between

Economic migration can be limited or stopped for those outside the EU but being a part of the EU means free movement to all member states

Irish people are looked upon very fondly across the world for our friendly nature

These riot's have only served to make us all look like a mob of racists!!

Not in my Name!!
    Not in my Ireland!!

Nice post.
    Agree with your thoughts

A shame some people were exposed in the other thread but good to know where they stand.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Marko1980 For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (25-11-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by beautyaddict View Post
    The man in hospital is most likely deemed medically incompetent given head injury , and care is been taken not to create any legal loopholes , a process , a legal process needs to be followed .

I get the emotion but some of what is being posted here and elsewhere will not stand when calmer heads prevail. Law and justice must never be applied /driven by such emotionally energy. We live in a civilized society, at times it requires patience

I personally will wait to hear all the facts then comment

As I say some of the posts are ridiculous across various threads, leaving the EU among them , Dublin is not Gotham city . Our crime rates are actually relatively low our economy strong so immigrants are not wrecking havoc . We have a dreadful housing crisis , probably 30 years in the making

Do we need to review immigration policy .... YES but calmy intelligently not this and the Brazilian who intervened , hello balance required to get it right , much immigration is of great value to us

As to that Man up shit , protect our women and children , seriously now , our women and children are generally murdered raped by a close relative not this shit

Do we need to review Muslim issues , yes we do even though it pains me to say so , I see no condemnation of what is being done to women in Afghanistan from the Muslim community , I have daughters I will not accept any beliefs that allow women to be degraded so we need to have a debate and a way forward but not a plan based on assault and mindless rhetoric, man up , yeah right look to your own first.

Do we need to review granting of Irish Nationality after 5 years, again probably it should be staged with final rights after say 10years and no one gets it if they believe women are property and they lose it if they commit certain crimes

I get the anger but some posts across this site are pure gold to very people who started those riots

I feel for those childrens families and the teacher who got stabbed . Lets learn and with calm intelligence make it better .

Yeah, my leaving the EU comment was just a random musing to encourage debate, not thought out in any way depth-wise.

Still it says a lot that it’s not standing out as the most bone headed statement on here these past few days 🤣

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (25-11-23), beautyaddict (25-11-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH123 View Post
    Yeah, my leaving the EU comment was just a random musing to encourage debate, not thought out in any way depth-wise.

Still it says a lot that it’s not standing out as the most bone headed statement on here these past few days ��
    We got to Irexit a lot quicker than I thought.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Marko1980 View Post
    We got to Irexit a lot quicker than I thought.
    Give it 5 years and let’s see where we are re immigration etc at that stage ��

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (25-11-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH123 View Post

Still it says a lot that it’s not standing out as the most bone headed statement on here these past few days 🤣
    Never took you as a Brexiteer Tommy🤔

I can understand people's frustration with housing and employment but to be honest in the North
    as I'm sure you know a lot of home grown know how to play the system and don't want to work

Foreign nationals fill in the gaps and in my experience are extremely hard working and greedy B@$T@®D$ for OT like myself

I know a lot who have stayed after Brexit and had their kids here

Hard working and fully integrated into our society
    Jes there kids speak better english with a stronger accent than me

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmorInfinito8 View Post
    Never took you as a Brexiteer Tommy🤔

I can understand people's frustration with housing and employment but to be honest in the North
    as I'm sure you know a lot of home grown know how to play the system and don't want to work

Foreign nationals fill in the gaps and in my experience are extremely hard working and greedy B@$T@®D$ for OT like myself

I know a lot who have stayed after Brexit and had their kids here

Hard working and fully integrated into our society
    Jes there kids speak better english with a stronger accent than me
    I’m not, was a suicide move for the brits

My issues are with these EU edicts that tell us what to do and the penalties that come with not toeing the line.

The least we should do is call their bluff, the slightest hint would have them shitting their collective pants, especially as the Dutch have elected a far right government

Interesting times

16. Default

If tax paying immigrants decide to stay home for a week, only buy from immigrant businesses, what'll happen to this country?

The problem is not and never has been immigrants. It the Irish Govt.

We should have kept irish sterling. The euro effed everything else up. Not immigration policy. That was already fucked up.
    Last edited by AmyTantraMassage; 25-11-23 at 15:28.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast