Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personality type and sex

Default Personality type and sex

Who else takes personality tests just for the fun of it? I'm guilty of it, especially when I'm commuting, though I don't believe a number of questions can really tell me everything there is to know about myself.

That said, Superdrug believe that there is a link between your personality type and the sex you love.

It's all to do with your MBTI, or your Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. The theory is that everyone fits into one of sixteen types. This type reveals a lot about the way that a person interacts with the world around them, as well as themselves.

But is it accurate? I know how I feel about the things said about my type, but I want to know if it holds true for anyone else.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HookHer View Post
    For some reason I enjoy those kind of tests, carries a lot of bullshit, but some of it rings true.
    Those tests are way more generalized than you might think and then you might find yourself fitting parts of yourself in just to comply with the test itself.
    Like your stars, I'm Libra, and sure enough my star sign in the daily paper will have relevance to my life. But if I read all the stars, I'm also a Taurus and Virgo etc as most star signs on the day carry a relevance to my life.

Maybe I'm being harsh on star signs, as I never rang the phone number, the one with the extortionate rates!!
    I've never believed in horoscopes, purely because I was born right on the edge of one of the signs. Would my entire personality have changed if I had been born a day later?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

Mr Sweet Guy (16-01-19)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lara Mills View Post
    Who else takes personality tests just for the fun of it? I'm guilty of it, especially when I'm commuting, though I don't believe a number of questions can really tell me everything there is to know about myself.

That said, Superdrug believe that there is a link between your personality type and the sex you love.

It's all to do with your MBTI, or your Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. The theory is that everyone fits into one of sixteen types. This type reveals a lot about the way that a person interacts with the world around them, as well as themselves.

But is it accurate? I know how I feel about the things said about my type, but I want to know if it holds true for anyone else.
    I just had to do the MBTI test to find my type as i have done the test twice previously (for courses i went on) and can never remember. ESFP. So from the little i read i would say it is quite accurate. Although, having lived with this personality type for some years now, i find that the 'weaknesses' described i mostly have a handle on. With regards to the love and sex side of things, i think they are also quite accurate, but then i will find the type of sex and enjoyment i get changes according to the desires of my lover. (As state din my personality type) therefore it has been sometimes more or less accurate according to the present life situation i am in.
    Last edited by GOSHH; 16-01-19 at 16:43. Reason: is it fro you or for you?
    This profile is used by Billie - the Community Support Worker at GOSHH.
    support@goshh.ie 0872192848 061314354 www.goshh.ie

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GOSHH For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (16-01-19)

Blog Entries

I'm Libra, and sure enough my star sign in the daily paper will have relevance to my life. But if I read all the stars, I'm also a Taurus and Virgo etc as most star signs on the day carry a relevance to my life.
    I prefer to do a full birth chart which shows the interactions of the various energies on all the planetary affects. I think its a much better way of looking at astrology. Also, in terms of personality although i would read the sun sign, the rising sign is more about how you interact in the world and the people in it.
    Last edited by GOSHH; 16-01-19 at 16:47. Reason: is it red or read?
    This profile is used by Billie - the Community Support Worker at GOSHH.
    support@goshh.ie 0872192848 061314354 www.goshh.ie

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GOSHH For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (16-01-19)

Quote Originally Posted by GOSHH View Post
    I just had to do the MBTI test to find my type as i have done the test twice previously (for courses i went on) and can never remember. ESFP. So from the little i read i would say it is quite accurate. Although, having lived with this personality type for some years now, i find that the 'weaknesses' described i mostly have a handle on. With regards to the love and sex side of things, i think they are also quite accurate, but then i will find the type of sex and enjoyment i get changes according to the desires of my lover. (As state din my personality type) therefore it has been sometimes more or less accurate according to the present life situation i am in.
    That's really interesting. For mine, I agreed with some of it, while the rest didn't seem to fit

I hate personality tests, they take too long to take

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Floki For This Useful Post:

Mr Sweet Guy (16-01-19)

Reviews

Disclaimer. I'm not thanking posts cos it's the mods. It's just the mods don't post often and when they do its usually valid and worth reading.

It's not like those 3 assholes BMW, Frank and HookHer who never fucking shut up and always have something to say.
    Someone mention Frank?
    Last edited by bmw528; 16-01-19 at 20:32. Reason: POST REPORTED

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bmw528 For This Useful Post:

FranknStein (16-01-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bmw528 View Post
    Someone mention Frank?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FranknStein For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (16-01-19)

Reviews

Disclaimer. I'm not thanking posts cos it's the mods. It's just the mods don't post often and when they do its usually valid and worth reading.
    Ah but maybe your real name is bummyasslicker.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FranknStein For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (16-01-19), Forceuser (16-01-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FranknStein View Post
    Well Hello Frank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast