Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Realtionships drama

Default Realtionships drama

It often makes me wonder about relationships drama. Why people putting themselves in serious commitment such as joint accounts, partner name on mortgage or flat rental agreement very soon in their relationship. Does it make any sense to make such a serious decisions when you are only few weeks or months into relationships???
    Why people put themselves in more drama than needed???
    Finally , when is the best time to put yourself is serious commitments as above??

A bit serious topic however heard few stories recently how relationships failed cos people got to serious to soon.
    Whats your thoughts????
    xxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicole For This Useful Post:

English Nina (11-08-11)

Reviews

I don't think there is a definite timeframe, although experience would urge caution. There is nothing in this life that can't be got out of, except life itself so putting names on agreements etc should not be a big worry. If people didn't do that and relationships break up Judge Judy would have no cases.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

Nicole (11-08-11), English Nina (11-08-11)

Reviews

Probably not the best person to give advice on relationships as I am definitely relationship adverse.

Once it starts to get too serious i.e. the lady rearranging my house or worse me then I head for the hills.

I really enjoy female companionship but have no desire for all the trappings of a fully developed relationship – I have seen too many horror stories over the years.

Thank heavens for the lovely ladies of EI – the perfect relationships for me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThomasJ For This Useful Post:

Nicole (11-08-11)

Reviews

well firstly, it is a grand topic to post about, nicole.
    there is pressure on couples to team up with joint commitments.
    this may be to satisfy societies expectations and norms.
    they are external symbols of the relationship...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
    Probably not the best person to give advice on relationships as I am definitely relationship adverse.

Once it starts to get too serious i.e. the lady rearranging my house or worse me then I head for the hills.

I really enjoy female companionship but have no desire for all the trappings of a fully developed relationship – I have seen too many horror stories over the years.

HA HA I see the way you said my house!! What happened to OUR'S.......

Nina

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    It often makes me wonder about relationships drama. Why people putting themselves in serious commitment such as joint accounts, partner name on mortgage or flat rental agreement very soon in their relationship. Does it make any sense to make such a serious decisions when you are only few weeks or months into relationships???
    Why people put themselves in more drama than needed???
    Finally , when is the best time to put yourself is serious commitments as above??

A bit serious topic however heard few stories recently how relationships failed cos people got to serious to soon.
    Whats your thoughts????
    xxx

Come on Nicole spill the beans, who's the lucky man

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

11. The Following User Says Thank You to City Gent For This Useful Post:

Nicole (11-08-11)

Reviews

Well i recently left my wife n moved in with my gf who i`d been seeing for a year,3years later house still in my name bills too,when her family ask me about this i tell them if she can pay half the deposit i did her name can go on it,usually shuts them up
    As for when is the best time i`d wait until you feel like your relationship is cemented as in you think you could get away with killing her,then its time lol

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davedrave For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post

Well said there, those serious stuff are in reality called emotional and formal trappings. Well , I think people trap each other for wrong reasons. If you are not sure if your partner wants to spend life with you then what for create joint account etc. ffs whats wrong with people.

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    well firstly, it is a grand topic to post about, nicole.
    there is pressure on couples to team up with joint commitments.
    this may be to satisfy societies expectations and norms.
    they are external symbols of the relationship...

Totally agree warmy,
    Modern society put many traps on people/couples also. For example people make assumptions that something is wrong with you if you not get marry by certain age, not mentioning questions about having kids etc. etc. Iam sure many of you had similar experiences , when people would classify you in box only cos you do not do stuff according to some society norms.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicole For This Useful Post:

Aggie (11-08-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    Well said there, those serious stuff are in reality called emotional and formal trappings. Well , I think people trap each other for wrong reasons. If you are not sure if your partner wants to spend life with you then what for create joint account etc. ffs whats wrong with people.
    If you feel you have to as opposed to wanting it , it's not going to last .: doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast