Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing money from my aib acount

Angry Missing money from my aib acount

this morning wanted to make a payment so i took a look over my acount...220 euros where missing from my acount...i suppose that i have to bank to claime it..but as a personal curiosity, does it happend to anyone of you?what did u did?did they find the person who was using your card...in case somebody did it?
    thanks

Reviews

It hasn't happened me, but if you can prove it was somebody else the bank should refund your money, I think they have insurance. I hope it works out ok for you.

Reviews

you need to report this straight away, better luck.

report this straight away, happened to a friend of mine took all his money 1600 euros over a period of 4 hours. it was been taken out through accounts all over the world

Funny, the coincidence that this is almost the exact amount to get you an hour (plus a few pints in some cases) with a number of ladies is difficult to overlook, any client rob your card? Was it an atm transaction?

If I was able to access a bank link for one off fraud, it'd be the daily max, try €400/600/800.

Looks like this may have been someone you know.

Reviews

Happened me a few times! Was missing 1k one morning and i was like going mad until the helpful lady from the bank called out the ATM machines in the city where the money was withdrawn quickly realised I had a good night the previous night ( thank you ladies) lol

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Masseuse View Post
    ...220 euros where missing from my acount...
    220 is the max that can be taken from a normal aib account via an atm in one day.

You could lose 220 a day for a few days but after 3 or 4 days of that, aib block the card. Kind of embarrasing if it happens when you are taking the cash out yourself.

I know that aib cash machines in Dublin have been hit by card cloning devices. (They clip over the front of the machine and read the card as it goes in and out.) Also, there are some dodgy terminals around. There are factories in China that actually make card readers that are sold to small shops as legit devices but they have a side channel (usually the net if the reader is connected to an online computer but there are some with cellular radios inside) and they send card details off to some bad guys who run a card cloning operation.

If you go quickly to the bank they will normally refund the money unless they suspect that you are running a scam on them. One guy in the UK actually ended up in jail when he was falsely accused of trying to trick his bank by claiming that he had been the victim of a phantom atm withdrawal. He was cleared on appeal but not after losing his job as a copper. It became quite a famous case in computer security circles.
    Last edited by sharkskin; 11-08-11 at 09:52. Reason: added 'normal' aib account as there are some with higher daily limits

Reviews

Ring them up straight away and they should be able to tell you were it is gone. My Dad had a similar situation a few weeks back turned out they got accounts mixes up and the bank were taking money from his account and should have been someone elses.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sharkskin View Post
    220 is the max that can be taken from a normal aib account via an atm in one day.

You could lose 220 a day for a few days but after 3 or 4 days of that, aib block the card. Kind of embarrasing if it happens when you are taking the cash out yourself.

I know that aib cash machines in Dublin have been hit by card cloning devices. (They clip over the front of the machine and read the card as it goes in and out.) Also, there are some dodgy terminals around. There are factories in China that actually make card readers that are sold to small shops as legit devices but they have a side channel (usually the net if the reader is connected to an online computer but there are some with cellular radios inside) and they send card details off to some bad guys who run a card cloning operation.

If you go quickly to the bank they will normally refund the money unless they suspect that you are running a scam on them. One guy in the UK actually ended up in jail when he was falsely accused of trying to trick his bank by claiming that he had been the victim of a phantom atm withdrawal. He was cleared on appeal but not after losing his job as a copper. It became quite a famous case in computer security circles.
    I think 600 is the max on AIB, used to be much lower but they raised it a few years ago. As others have said ring straight away.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

sharkskin (11-08-11)

reported that already...wait for the bank to call me ...suppose they will give me money back...but all the situation makes me angry, probably they will never find the people who did that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast