Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Parnell Street Attack

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FredBiscuits View Post
    No, you aren't. As has been pointed out above.

Which side should they stay and fight for? The Taliban/Syrian Army or the other side of both of those conflicts that has zero weaponry to fight with and has been completely abandoned internationally, meaning that is isn't stay and fight it is stay and die against an army who is funded and equipped infinitely better than the other side is.

"Military Aged Men" is the current dog whistle phrase. It is meaningless, and basically means that huge numbers of people cannot ever be considered in need of asylum. Take a 40 year old from Afghanistan. There was about ten years of that person's life where his country wasn't at war. And those 10 years were under the control of the Taliban, hardly respite. Basically 40 years of trauma.

Stay and fight? Why would you? Why would anyone?
    Why is it our responsibility to take them in? We cannot afford or house them. Let the countries that invaded them sort it out. I don't remember Ireland invading Afghan or Algeria. We cannot afford or house indefinite immigration and it is a disabling our country. What benefit are we getting?
    Last edited by WellDressed; 24-11-23 at 08:52.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WellDressed For This Useful Post:

JennyIrish (24-11-23), Rattlesnake (24-11-23)

Reviews

And what happens when every country says the same thing?

4. Default

Correction, its now €38.80/week not 20. €29 for children.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/32...tion-services/

1st link in my last post shows what Ukrainian REFUGEES get - housing, full dole/child benefit and whatnot. Link above shows what asylum seekers get, bed in a shared unisex room in direct provision, set meals - no dietary exceptions (centres are run by Polish people- most of whom dispice POC and they mostly cook polish meals. If you miss meal times, you don't eat, you've to buy your own. That include high school kids whose schools are most likely far so they'll most likely miss breakfast and dinner) and they're not allowed visitors and have a curfew. But, as the site says, it's voluntary accommodation and they can take it or leave it and sort themselves out on €40/week.
    Last edited by AmyTantraMassage; 24-11-23 at 08:55.

Reviews

Well then it's on the countries who caused it. It is not our problem to sort out their mess

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WellDressed For This Useful Post:

7. Default

We're the only ones who take them in through airports. And believe it or not, those who come on boats, it seems to only ever be the young men with the latest iPhone who've no IDs. The rest always bring something.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmyTantraMassage View Post
    Correction, its now €38.80/week not 20. €29 for children.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/32...tion-services/

1st link in my last post shows what Ukrainian REFUGEES get - housing, full dole/child benefit and whatnot. Link above shows what asylum seekers get, bed in a shared unisex room in direct provision, set meals - no dietary exceptions (centres are run by Polish people- most of whom dispice POC and they mostly cook polish meals. If you miss meal times, you don't eat, you've to buy your own. That include high school kids whose schools are most likely far so they'll most likely miss breakfast and dinner) and they're not allowed visitors and have a curfew. But, as the site says, it's voluntary accommodation and they can take it or leave it and sort themselves out on €40/week.
    in fairness that does not sound too attractive, still probably better than where they are coming from.

the only place we can start is at the entry point, that's where the cut off point has to be, ffs we are an island it shouldn't be too difficult....if the will is there

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

WellDressed (24-11-23)

No, you aren't. As has been pointed out above.

Which side should they stay and fight for? The Taliban/Syrian Army or the other side of both of those conflicts that has zero weaponry to fight with and has been completely abandoned internationally, meaning that is isn't stay and fight it is stay and die against an army who is funded and equipped infinitely better than the other side is.

"Military Aged Men" is the current dog whistle phrase. It is meaningless, and basically means that huge numbers of people cannot ever be considered in need of asylum. Take a 40 year old from Afghanistan. There was about ten years of that person's life where his country wasn't at war. And those 10 years were under the control of the Taliban, hardly respite. Basically 40 years of trauma.

Stay and fight? Why would you? Why would anyone?
    No I’m not? So I’m lying?

Look, no offence but there’s no point in even trying to debate with you, your generic do-gooder comments on this thread have me rolling my eyes so far back in my head . . . Trot along there and save the world, I’ll continue lieing and getting my opinions from twitter.
    ***NEW X/TWITTER ACCOUNT @IRISHJENNY_EI DAILY UPDATES**
    Tallaght Sunday 19th Monday Morning 20th
    Kerry Tralee Tues 21st -Thurs eve 23rd
    LimerickCity Friday 24th & Sat 25th
    **SEE MY VIRTUAL AD, for some of my XXX personal videos with lots of A play & all kinds of kink![/COLOR][/B] Check out my Stories here on EI, updated almost daily. [/CENTER]!]

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JennyIrish For This Useful Post:

Rattlesnake (24-11-23), TommyH123 (24-11-23), WellDressed (24-11-23)

12. Default

Do you even know what the asylum process is? You know people are not allowed work, right? You know they don't get "houses handed to them" and live in centers right?

Stop listening to, and believing the shit that gets spouted in twitter. It's poison.
    They live in centers? I wouldn't call the hotel in my town a center. Up until the summer it was a lovely hotel. Now it's full of undocumented asylum seekers mostly men who arrived by bus loads late at night in the summer. The hotels public area's are now closed to the public. The "guests" want for nothing. Every day stuff being delivered for free.They want a phone it's handed to them, hair cut paid for by the hotel then reimbursed by the government, public transport paid for etc etc. They treat the staff of the hotel like shit. I know this because my mates daughter worked there up until a month ago. She left because she didn't like being treated like shit simply because she was a women. Thankfully the hotel owners finally had enough and they told the government they want them gone before Christmas.
    Far from "centers" these people are in. Anyone who arrives without documents shouldn't be allowed free movement around this country. If I arrived in Australia or the US without the proper documents I wouldn't get entry to the country so why should people get entry to Ireland without documents?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Notabot For This Useful Post:

Reviews

We're the only ones who take them in through airports. And believe it or not, those who come on boats, it seems to only ever be the young men with the latest iPhone who've no IDs. The rest always bring something.
    no ID, no entry, cheaper to pay for their return ticket than let them in, charter an Aer Lingus jet and deport them

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

Rattlesnake (24-11-23), WellDressed (24-11-23)

Reviews

They would? Really? Why would they deport me for instance?
    Because youre black, Amy.
    Youre disrupting the traditional Irish colour, youre making American tourists feel uncomfortable when they visit the motherland.
    Just have a look at what these people are saying on a day to day basis, not what they say when incidents like this happen.
    They. Do. Not. Give . A. Fuck. About. Your. Status
    Below is an example of the sites they amplify 365 days a year but they are very concerned yesterday and with Puska last week and have backing of lots of concerned Irish people.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20231118_180258_X.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	150393

Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast