Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's getting the vaccine?

But .

1 . Do we Trust the Russians to continue to deliver the Same vaccine that has been

evaluated by independent laboratories ? #paranoia , #conspiracy *wry lol .

2 . Bombshell , or Clickbait ?

: WHO team finally allowed in to Wuhan , sees ‘data no one has seen before’ -

- and does not rule out that the virus escaped from a Lab ... drumroll for all

the conspiracy theorists of last year / don’t know which would be better - worse :

Spontaneous virus from the jungle , or warfare virus escape from a lab !??

http://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-w...a-lab-12206781
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (03-02-21), beautyaddict (03-02-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    But .

1 . Do we Trust the Russians to continue to deliver the Same vaccine that has been

evaluated by independent laboratories ? #paranoia , #conspiracy *wry lol .

2 . Bombshell , or Clickbait ?

: WHO team finally allowed in to Wuhan , sees ‘data no one has seen before’ -

- and does not rule out that the virus escaped from a Lab ... drumroll for all

the conspiracy theorists of last year / don’t know which would be better - worse :

Spontaneous virus from the jungle , or warfare virus escape from a lab !??

http://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-w...a-lab-12206781
    Hmm, doesn't rule it out, having not done any investigation yet or asked any questions.

Great editorial mechanisms to make it look from the headlines that there is some evidence they are following that points that way.

It's almost like they're trying to sell newspapers. Rupert Murdock wouldn't let journalistic standards stand in the way of a quick buck, would he?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (03-02-21), beautyaddict (03-02-21), Stephanie (02-02-21)

Reviews

I heard a news report from UK that AZ was yielding up to 75% suppression of transmission , I was not fully concentrating on it as was doing other stuff so missed detail but if accurate it is a big step forward

Interesting how for example China vaccine is being delivered in Venezuela . I would like to see where these Vaccines from Russia and China are being administered outside home nation ?
    Clubcard stop now
    "Those who keep the ability to see beauty, never grow old"- Frank Kafka

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (03-02-21)

Reviews

I would like to acknowledge all those on here who are involved in the fight to bring us all back to normal/sanity , health care workers be they Nurses Doctors or Porters and the Labs working day and night , not forgetting all the other essential services but I think front line health workers are at the eye of the storm . Given how they are paid and been treated in the last 10 years they are the best of us .
    Clubcard stop now
    "Those who keep the ability to see beauty, never grow old"- Frank Kafka

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (03-02-21), FullIrish (03-02-21), gonzo76 (03-02-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by beautyaddict View Post
    I heard a news report from UK that AZ was yielding up to 75% suppression of transmission , I was not fully concentrating on it as was doing other stuff so missed detail but if accurate it is a big step forward

Interesting how for example China vaccine is being delivered in Venezuela . I would like to see where these Vaccines from Russia and China are being administered outside home nation ?
    Similarly the j&j seems to have very impressive results. While people did still contract the virus, it seems exceptionally good at preventing serious disease.

I think it was 70,000 or more people in the clinical trial and not one death? I must look for the paper on it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (03-02-21), beautyaddict (20-02-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    Similarly the j&j seems to have very impressive results. While people did still contract the virus, it seems exceptionally good at preventing serious disease.

I think it was 70,000 or more people in the clinical trial and not one death? I must look for the paper on it.
    https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...sults-variants

40,000 in the trial, no deaths in the vaccinated group. Single shot, minimal side effects, does not need the -80 storage, and they can produce 1 billion doses this year.

Lots to be very positive about there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (20-02-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    What's never being tested is the effects of the vaccines on the body after several years of getting it. Westside.
    Hi Westside,

I completely understand your concerns. There is a big science communication problem in the world and unfortunately I'm no communication expert but I'll do my best. It's a confusing time for all but I hope I can alleviate some of your uncertainty by relaying some of the knowledge that I have in the area. I hope you receive this information with the good nature it is intended.

--

The same way doctors don't test the effects of a glass of water on the body years after drinking it we have no reason to test this vaccines effects years after it has been administered. It's biologically impossible for this vaccine to have any effects on your health beyond time when it is working, i.e. a couple days to a couple weeks. After that period there will be no possible way for this vaccine to have any effects on your health. If you have any additional concerns about the vaccine I am happy to answer them.

--

Science can and will by its nature be wrong a LOT more often than it is right, and by its nature there are no absolute certainties in science. However, work done on the Pfizer vaccine is born from decades of scientific consensus and knowledge. We have a lot of data and research done for this vaccine and this size gives us greater statistical power and confidence in the findings so far.

--
    Did you know vit c taken intravenously in high dosages weakens cancer cells?
    I'm not 100% sure why you bring up some other points you have. But I will mention that all cancers are not the same and that all treatments are not the same. In addition, the relatively few human trials and investigations with respect to intravenous vitamin C so far were all concluded with negative results, i.e. they did not show an extension of survival time. Unfortunately, results we have in the lab and in animal testing do not always work for humans or in real world application.

--
    Take masks for eg. Your breathing out carbon dioxide and breathing a portion of it back in. This can't be good for you.
    A cloth mask does not provide an airtight fit across the face. The CO2 completely escapes into the air through and around the sides of the cloth mask when you breathe out or talk. CO2 is small enough to easily pass through any cloth mask material. In contrast, the virus that causes COVID-19 is much larger than CO2, so it cannot pass as easily through a properly designed and properly worn cloth mask.

--

And to clarify, I'm not here to force the vaccine on anyone, or give my opinions or beliefs, only share the facts as they currently stand. But again, I would encourage you to have an open mind and look at what the experts who have dedicated their entire careers to this subject are saying about it.

Good luck to you Westside and take care.
    Last edited by FullIrish; 03-02-21 at 12:59. Reason: Included quotes for context

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FullIrish For This Useful Post:

claremorris (03-02-21), Stephanie (04-10-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...sults-variants

40,000 in the trial, no deaths in the vaccinated group. Single shot, minimal side effects, does not need the -80 storage, and they can produce 1 billion doses this year.

Lots to be very positive about there.
    Positive news definitely but you've got to read between the lines.
    These announcements serve merely as touts for inward investment and advanced purchasing.
    With sufficient investment they can produce that number of doses.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

claremorris (03-02-21), gonzo76 (03-02-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    Positive news definitely but you've got to read between the lines.
    These announcements serve merely as touts for inward investment and advanced purchasing.
    With sufficient investment they can produce that number of doses.
    For me what's becoming apparent is the disparity worldwide. Developing nations will be bottom of the list when it comes to vaccinations, which is both a moral failure but also a medical failure as it will keep the pandemic going longer.

Say what you will about Bill Gates - we all know he eats babies - but the Gates Foundation should help fund vaccine programs - but the fact these organisations need to exist is a disgrace in itself.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (03-02-21), Pan808 (03-02-21)

150 + million people have died and around 400,000 mainly children die annually from a disease that we know how to eradicate.Would the fact that 94% of those deaths are in Africa maybe be a reason that we choose not to.Morals go out the window when money is involved.
    Last edited by Pan808; 03-02-21 at 18:10.
    Civility costs you nothing.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pan808 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (03-02-21), beautyaddict (03-02-21), TonyB (03-02-21)

Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast