Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cork to be ireland first cashless city

Quote Originally Posted by Walshie View Post
    I find with card you spend a lot more, it more difficult to spend the cash you have in your pocket or hand, you tend to be more careful with it.
    Ah tell me about it... once i was in a mall, Brown Thomas like in the fur section and was admiring the lovely furs. In a shop like this especially in this section no time and a shop assistant comes and wants to help you.
    I knew i had a daily limit on my card so noway i can buy one. So with full confidence i tried on a blue poncho style scarf 2500€.. and i said i wanna buy it. But if the payment won't go thru as i might have a limit, no bother i will come back tomorrow... i said that, meanwhile thought i wont't buy anything just walk away after having a little fun with posing with the fur.
    The shop assistant took the card and the scarf. And few mins later i saw her coming back with the shopping bag the fur inside! Payment went through - she smiled, me terrified!!
    How on earth it could happen??? Whenever i needed it for car rental deposit for example, could never use it, but the stupid fur purchase went through.
    I was soo embarrassed to admit that i actually don't want to buy it, i just took it and left.
    I told it to one of my friend what happened, (she is loaded) she was laughing her ass off and bought it from me.

But i have learned the lesson don't play fashionshow in fur section anymore! And try to have just limited amount of cash with me when i go to shopping.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marsha For This Useful Post:

Danny2011 (05-11-15), joggon (07-11-15), mature abby (05-11-15), smallcock (05-11-15), SophieX (05-11-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Leigha View Post
    I've also noticed a lot of late that many small branches operate a cashless system. I wanted to do a cash lodgement in the AIB in the IFSC and unfortunately it was a cashless premises.
    They are reducing staff costs, one way of clawing back a little money from their Celtic Tiger misadventures and they are also gearing up for the expected increases in on line banking in coming years. I expect they may already have on line competitors that don't have branches on the ground here.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345