Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ched Evans

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    It's a point of law. Of consent and the capability to give it. It's somewhat disingenuous to claim she accused both men of rape, she made a statement and two men were arrested for it. The evidence brought before the court was enough for one man to claim consent, and not the other, directly due to his actions. If you read the transcripts of the case you will discover that on most points she didn't accuse anyone of anything because she couldn't remember most of the evening. Hence she thought she had been drugged.

Anyhow. Yuck. Horrible debate and horrible thoughts from people. I'm off to the land of fluff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Divine View Post
    Honestly, no. Perhaps she claim to be raped by both but walked into the hotel with one.
    Surely she wasn't up to watch tv and eat the pizza in the company of the first fella, she went to the room to have sex with him.
    Claiming rape is a bit to much.
    Evans in the room, if she gave consent still she can claim rape and people would believe her. Maybe she didn't remember giving consent to Evans, as she didn't remember everything, therefore the judge taking it as she was too drunk to give consent.
    Why claim rape from both? I do not know.
    u shud read the article u asked to have linked or at least read the other posts on the thread. it wud help make it appear as if u are not just using this girls awful experience as a subject to troll an have sum fun with.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Versace Targeryan For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (19-11-14), zoozoozoo (19-11-14)

"I just didn't know how I got there, if I had gone there with anyone. I was confused and dazed."
    "It was claimed Mr McDonald asked if his friend could "get involved", to which the woman said yes."

She said she doesn't remember. I take it she doesn't know if she said yes or no to Evans.

"The judge said the sentence took into account that there had been no force involved and the complainant received no injuries."
    When someone is raped there is internal damage. A medical check up down there will prove it.
    If she had no injuries, how was she raped?

Also, the body reacts to a rape different than to consensual sex, being drunk or not.

Naughty videos on EF.

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Then let him rehabilitate himself. Give it ten years and work his way back in. He cannot expect to walk into a position of role model and the men who manage football would do well to take note of this debacle.
    im not attacking you, but this whole role model thing is being overused. Wayne rooney is off riding prostitutes. John terry has sex with a 17 year old girl in a car; ryan giggs has sex with his brothers wife; messi despite being rich doesnt pay tax; paul merson had a gambling addiction; george best used beat up his wife; paul gascogne alcoholic; jose mourinho poking people in the eyes; ronaldo pays a surrogate to have his baby;ravel morrison intimates witnesses; yaya toure wants a cake; Roy keane walks out of a world cup; mesut ozil thinks hes good etc

very few footballers are good role models. maybe iniesta and xavi
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Best Before (19-11-14), SophieX (19-11-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    when john dundon attacked his solictor john devane in a court in limerick, devane choose not to prosecute him for it. Now i understand your point. Shes saying she cant remember and has to go by police evidence. Having said that she still is prosecuting them both for rape.

Lucy can you at least understand why this is even be argued about. Two men are accused of rape by a woman who says she cant remember. They say she can. The jury finds one man who claims she consented not guilty. The other man who claims the same thing is found guilty.

So lets take it from the eye of the not guilty man: She was consenting. She knew what she was doing. He also vindicates that she consented with evans. He is found not guilty and thus his viewpoint is upheld.

Now from the guilty man: She was too drunk to consent. She didnt know what she was doing. He raped her. His viewpoint is not upheld.

that is the inconsistency. The two view points clash. if they were both guilty or not guilty. there would be no issue.
    They don't say she can. I'm not trying to be rude but have you actually read the case in an unbiased form? I think it may help us further this as you are going around in circles here. He was on film with the girl. I think if the footage showed a willing participant we wouldn't be having any court case, let alone conviction.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Quote Originally Posted by Curious k View Post
    It doesn't make sense because it's not true! Look any inconsistencies is not taking as Inconsequential in a court of law. In fact Evans's solicitor would've had the case thrown out of court, with no grounds to argue. This is all very clear to me, so I don't wanna keep repeating myself.

The girl wanted the first guy convicted as he texted Evans. She went into a room with one man, and ended up raped by another. I already explained this earlier. That first guy only got away with it, because he left the room, and Evans got the key at reception, the first guy never committed a serious enough offence, upon reflection of all evidence. It's trolls latching on to media trying to sell paper, that's accusing the girl of crying rape against the two men. When in fact, it couldn't have stood in a court of law, if true. Fact!
    Fact is she claims not to remember how she got to the hotel nor what happened while she was there.
    No injuries and she hasn't been forced.

How does she know to be raped the following day? Just because she woke up in a hotel room and her clothes were on the floor?
    Naughty videos on EF.

Reviews

"I just didn't know how I got there, if I had gone there with anyone. I was confused and dazed."
    "It was claimed Mr McDonald asked if his friend could "get involved", to which the woman said yes."

She said she doesn't remember. I take it she doesn't know if she said yes or no to Evans.

"The judge said the sentence took into account that there had been no force involved and the complainant received no injuries."
    When someone is raped there is internal damage. A medical check up down there will prove it.
    If she had no injuries, how was she raped?

Also, the body reacts to a rape different than to consensual sex, being drunk or not.

The judge said she was to drunk to give consent, even if she had screamed "fuck me, fuck me" over and over on a megaphone she was to drunk to give consent, it's then rape.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zoidberg For This Useful Post:

zoozoozoo (19-11-14)

im not attacking you, but this whole role model thing is being overused. Wayne rooney is off riding prostitutes. John terry has sex with a 17 year old girl in a car; ryan giggs has sex with his brothers wife; messi despite being rich doesnt pay tax; paul merson had a gambling addiction; george best used beat up his wife; paul gascogne alcoholic; jose mourinho poking people in the eyes; ronaldo pays a surrogate to have his baby;ravel morrison intimates witnesses; yaya toure wants a cake; Roy keane walks out of a world cup; mesut ozil thinks hes good etc

Very few footballers are convicted of rape. I'm afraid you will find this applies to any public figure, I'm not sure Mike Tyson was able to stroll back onto his life after his rape conviction. Stop muddying the waters with nonsense. There's a clear victim here.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

zoozoozoo (19-11-14)

Gareth Bale

I agree. This model thing is overrated.
    Naughty videos on EF.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachel Divine For This Useful Post:

Meursault (19-11-14)

Ok, read up here

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/r...ences/consent/

It's a point of law. Sorry, you can't decide if someone will be tried via facebook.

The question of capacity to consent is particularly relevant when a complainant is intoxicated by alcohol or affected by drugs.

In R v Bree [2007] EWCA 256, the Court of Appeal explored the issue of capacity and consent, stating that, if, through drink, or for any other reason, a complainant had temporarily lost her capacity to choose whether to have sexual intercourse, she was not consenting, and subject to the defendant's state of mind, if intercourse took place, that would be rape. However, where a complainant had voluntarily consumed substantial quantities of alcohol, but nevertheless remained capable of choosing whether to have intercourse, and agreed to do so, that would not be rape. Further, they identified that capacity to consent may evaporate well before a complainant becomes unconscious. Whether this is so or not, however, depends on the facts of the case.
    Last edited by lucy chambers; 19-11-14 at 13:56.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Zoidberg (19-11-14)

Reviews

Fact is she claims not to remember how she got to the hotel nor what happened while she was there.
    No injuries and she hasn't been forced.

How does she know to be raped the following day? Just because she woke up in a hotel room and her clothes were on the floor?
    There was video evidence. Remember the lads at the window.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast