Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Water charges bullshit starts next week

Reviews

I would love to know where all the money made from the National Lottery goes. Sure they throw (or used to throw) a small amount of it at sports clubs etc. Where is the bulk of the money going? Had anyone ever seen accounts bring published to show income, expenditure and PROFIT from the National Lottery?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker123 View Post
    I would love to know where all the money made from the National Lottery goes. Sure they throw (or used to throw) a small amount of it at sports clubs etc. Where is the bulk of the money going? Had anyone ever seen accounts bring published to show income, expenditure and PROFIT from the National Lottery?
    I remember that too, they used to have a montage before the actual lotto of who in society benefited like the sports clubs as you said, they don't show that anymore, where is all that money going

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I like the idea of a property tax if it's done correctly, like whereby local elections have real meaning, that counsellors come to my door and say "with your property tax, we will do X, Y and Z. I just feel any money is being pissed up a wall and I won't see any benefit.

Water charges I think are good, because it is precious and people do waste it and not knowing the real value of it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

ber (07-02-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    The only consolation there is if you have a septic tank chances are you either have your own well or are part of a community water scheme both of which are exempt from the upcoming water charges..
    Exempt? Why am I paying €100 a year to my group water scheme then? Businesses and farmers pay even more.
    Last edited by longtipp; 07-02-13 at 00:55.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by longtipp View Post
    Exempt? Why am I paying €100 a year to my group water scheme then? Businesses and farmers pay even more.
    No one will be exempt with these shower of spongers,anyone that can draw 96,000 plus,plus huge expenses at a time they tell us everyones wages are going to be cut yet again give spongers a bad name.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

longtipp (07-02-13), the traveller (07-02-13)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    (get well bored, )
    I get well bored and it cost f'all ber.

couldnt resist but no apology though,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    The botom line is services cost money
    I guess thats how we have a great service in this country. Waiting lists for trollies in hospitals, on street drinking, an ocean of wheelie bins scattered all over cities and towns blocking footpaths. I could go on and on. Paying for service is fine but what we get isnt a good service. Its a shaft up the hole from the very people that create the shit service in the first place.

Plz,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    Water charges I think are good, .
    Have you seen how much rain fell here in the last few months ladooooooo? again a service is fine but ffs make some attempt to make them good. The water charges here wont change a thing from a service viewpoint. The only thing thats changes is youll be paying for something that you didnt pay for before. The shitty pipework, broken roads, leaks and wastage will still all be here. Same goes for property tax and I tell you another thing. If the boom came back in the morning these cunts would double these charges. It has nothing to do with fixing our economy but maintaining the shit load of wasting that goes on.

sincerely,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker123 View Post
    Thats my problem with charities. Yes they do throw some money the way of those that need it but ALL of it should go that way and NONE of it in the pockets of those who run these charities.

Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Have you seen how much rain fell here in the last few months ladooooooo? again a service is fine but ffs make some attempt to make them good. The water charges here wont change a thing from a service viewpoint. The only thing thats changes is youll be paying for something that you didnt pay for before. The shitty pipework, broken roads, leaks and wastage will still all be here. Same goes for property tax and I tell you another thing. If the boom came back in the morning these cunts would double these charges. It has nothing to do with fixing our economy but maintaining the shit load of wasting that goes on.

sincerely,
    Westside.
    Well i keep hearing about all the rain that falls here but it isnt treated and dosent fall into ure tank.
    So what i suggest seeing as this water is so readily avaliable just get ure water connection disconnected
    and then u wont have to pay anything. Tis simples really
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

mymann (08-02-13)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast