Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Judge says 'Woman's body should have prevented rape'

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mod View Post
    Oh my god. And there was me thinking that it was down to a strict religious doctrine....

I do maintain though, that if Senate candidates and judges are making these comments, then they must think they have an audience for them. Politicians may be stupid, but they do enough research to know what are vote winning comments in their own constituencies...
    Or they are just misguided idiots xx

Out of step with the times and the changing social mores..

Last edited by Stephanie; 17-12-12 at 18:13.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post

"The level of stupidity in the UK is incredible!!!"
    You'd be right! It is.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to UKHeather For This Useful Post:

mellors (17-12-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banjaxed View Post
    In 2009 in Listowel in Kerry, nightclub doorman Danny Foley was sentenced to seven years (with two years suspended) for the sexual assault * (not rape) of a woman found naked from the waist down, bruised semi-conscious and behind a rubbish skip with Foley standing over her. Evidence was introduced from CCTV footage in the car park that showed him carrying her behind the skip not long earlier.

Up to 50 locals queued to shake hands with him when he was led back into the courtroom, including the parish priest, who had earlier been a character witness for the accused and has called the case a "miscarriage of justice".

* Sexual assault, originates in the Criminal Law (Amendment) Act 1935 when it was known as "indecent assault" and it is still generally understood to mean an assault in circumstances that can range from non-consensual sexual touching to a sexual attack just falling short of rape.
    The bollix's should have been castrated Banjaxed and if the girl in question had been one of my relations he would have been,fucking paraih priest or not.

Reviews

Oh yes, they can x
    I bet the most of them still think the stork deliver's the babies as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    You do not know for a fact that a woman died because of a catholic ethos, no-one does please keep your unsubstantiated claims to yourself.

As for the stupidity of Americans, yes there are stupidity of Americans I am saddened by that comment One judge's opinion and antiquated opinion shouldn't be used to tarnish all of America's judicial system, for the most part I'm actually proud of our judicial system, where people who commit crimes get sentenced to LONG terms in prison which is not something I can say for Ireland's gawd awful system, isn't that Ireland's own stupidity. For all the flaws America has we do an awful lot right.
    So if this woman didn't die of a catholic ethos, as you say. Then what did she died of? Besides the obvious septicaemia? News flash pudding, if she was in any other country, she would be alive. Having the misfortune to be in a catholic country, where abortions are still illegal, and it is obvious they will chose to let a woman die to preserve non-viable foetus. Maybe you are right it wasn't a catholic ethos, but what ever it is, the point remains a woman is dead, who probably shouldn't be!

RETURNING TO THE EMERALD ISLE SHORTLY
    ❤❤❤❤

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Violette View Post
    So if this woman didn't die of a catholic ethos, as you say. Then what did she died of? Besides the obvious septicaemia? News flash pudding, if she was in any other country, she would be alive. Having the misfortune to be in a catholic country, where abortions are still illegal, and it is obvious they will chose to let a woman die to preserve non-viable foetus. Maybe you are right it wasn't a catholic ethos, but what ever it is, the point remains a woman is dead, who probably shouldn't be!
    You are making the assumption that because abortions are illegal here that is what caused this ladies death, we simply do not know, the case is far more complex than that, no-one know if legislation could have saved this lady. Let the facts come out first then draw your own conclusions.

In any other country she would be alive really? You are medically qualified to make that statement you have been to the hell holes of India where many thousands of women die from abortions each and every year.
    Last edited by Dub Lad; 18-12-12 at 00:05.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Banjaxed View Post
    In 2009 in Listowel in Kerry, nightclub doorman Danny Foley was sentenced to seven years (with two years suspended) for the sexual assault * (not rape) of a woman found naked from the waist down, bruised semi-conscious and behind a rubbish skip with Foley standing over her. Evidence was introduced from CCTV footage in the car park that showed him carrying her behind the skip not long earlier.

Up to 50 locals queued to shake hands with him when he was led back into the courtroom, including the parish priest, who had earlier been a character witness for the accused and has called the case a "miscarriage of justice".

* Sexual assault, originates in the Criminal Law (Amendment) Act 1935 when it was known as "indecent assault" and it is still generally understood to mean an assault in circumstances that can range from non-consensual sexual touching to a sexual attack just falling short of rape.
    Not much of a surprise considering this happened in Kerry, these are the same people that vote for the Healy Raes.

It's a real pity we can't trade Kerry to the British for Derry or Armagh.

Or they are just misguided idiots xx

Out of step with the times and the changing social mores..

You are correct that attitudes are changing. You still have a group of people who still have their 'old fashioned views' (I read somewhere that 30% of the Tea Party Republicans think that Obama is a Muslim and is not a citizen)

Where the Republicans go now will be very interesting. They cannot lurch to the right again, as they will become marginalised. But they want to.....
    Last edited by Martin Mod; 18-12-12 at 10:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Violette View Post
    And so is Ireland! A country whey a woman recently died because it is a 'catholic country', and doctors wouldn't give her an abortion because there was a feral heartbeat! Yes, we as Americans do have some rather stupid people in our country, but if you want to go tit for tat, Ireland won't come out of this with out a few chunks missing.
    Don't think this was meant as a tit for tat thread to be honest Violette. Every country has its stupid moments, some more than others. Heck if you can't laugh about it, whats the fecking point in reading half the shite all of our countries get up to.

I have to laugh that this has nearly turned into a little disagreement who's country is better.

Just you lot wait...

“Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456