Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop Smoking support Thread

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
    I'm on the patches today my nerves are shattered
    Hey JC, great to see you are trying again with the patches, remember one day at a time, you can do it, best of luck
    I believe that sex is the most beautiful, natural, and wholesome thing that money can buy

Luna just melts my heart, treat her well,

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray For This Useful Post:

Julius Caesar (06-03-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

All
    Just an update from me, of the fags about 62 Days, I have saved €900 by not smoking 1,855 cigarettes. I have saved 6 Days, 3 hours and 55 minutes of my life.
    It not getting any easier, it is a dam hard slog daily, i am up all night again due to the cravings, Hmmm, is it worth it, well yes, the body has to go back to normal at some stage, it is like coming of crack, well it is a drug,
    Hope anyone else who has given up sticks at it, it will be all worht the pain in the end,
    I believe that sex is the most beautiful, natural, and wholesome thing that money can buy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (08-03-12)

Some excellent advice on dealing with cravings and reinforcing your decion to quit.

http://quitsmoking.about.com/od/crav...minutetips.htm

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Heather
    Thanks very much girl, i will be sure to read it, like right now lol!!!, god you are up early????
    Quote Originally Posted by UKHeather View Post
    Some excellent advice on dealing with cravings and reinforcing your decion to quit.

http://quitsmoking.about.com/od/crav...minutetips.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Heather
    Thanks very much girl, i will be sure to read it, like right now lol!!!, god you are up early????
    Can't sleep for next door's baby screaming. Cats and foxes outside making a racket. A helicopter circling too! Haven't had a wink so I got up!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Jesus, its coming for all angles, with a bit of luck you will catch up later on a bit of kip,
    Quote Originally Posted by UKHeather View Post
    Can't sleep for next door's baby screaming. Cats and foxes outside making a racket. A helicopter circling too! Haven't had a wink so I got up!

Reviews

Keep going Ray.It is worth it in the end. It was the hardest but also the best
    thing I've ever done.Took about a year to get it right out of the system.Think
    of all the health benefits and if you have children how can you tell them not
    to smoke if you're puffing away.Think of all the grandkids to, want to see them
    grow up as well don't you!!Keep going Ray loads are rooting for you and all the
    others trying to quit.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to the traveller For This Useful Post:

Ray (10-03-12)

Well done to everyone here that is either thinking of or have given up smoking.

I tried patches and gum but they didn't work for me.

What I found really good was a prescription drug called Champix. It does have some side effects such as nightmares (in some people) but the great thing is that you continue to smoke until day 14 (which gives you a definite date to aim for and prepare yourself mentally) and at this point you stop smoking and continue with the tablets which stop the nicotine cravings but more importantly, help you to break the actual habit.

I'm off them two years now, still get cravings, but as has been said, they pass.
    Wise man say never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockmunky For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (08-03-12), Julius Caesar (08-03-12), very shy guy (08-03-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmunky View Post
    Well done to everyone here that is either thinking of or have given up smoking.

I tried patches and gum but they didn't work for me.

What I found really good was a prescription drug called Champix. It does have some side effects such as nightmares (in some people) but the great thing is that you continue to smoke until day 14 (which gives you a definite date to aim for and prepare yourself mentally) and at this point you stop smoking and continue with the tablets which stop the nicotine cravings but more importantly, help you to break the actual habit.

I'm off them two years now, still get cravings, but as has been said, they pass.
    Cos I'm going through a Divorce the doctor refused to give me Champix too many depressive side affects. I smoked 6 on monday 8 on tuesday and 5 yesterday im going to have a shower shortly and go for the patch again.... Im not going to let the cravings win ........
    "Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer."

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julius Caesar For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (08-03-12), Rockmunky (08-03-12), very shy guy (08-03-12)

Hi Gang,

Two years ago I was smoking 60 Majors a day - this was the result of a chaotic lifestyle and a stress filled and demanding job.

Of course the inevitable happened.

A pain from hell arrived in my throat and chest and the lights went out.

I woke up in a Dublin hospital where the Heart Consultant said I had suffered an almost fatal heart attack.

I had two choices: give them up or get buried.

I gave them up.

Now I'll try to worth out the maths: 3 packs of Major per day costs approximately 27 euros. There are approximately 730 days in 2 years. So, multiply 730 by 27 and the answer comes to 19,710 euros.

That's why I am glad to be alive.

anoi

16. The Following User Says Thank You to anoi For This Useful Post:

Julius Caesar (08-03-12)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast