Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Sinn Fein- Support in The Republic of Ireland

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by experiencedguy View Post
    It is well known that Arthur Morgan only retired his political seat, which he held for many years in conjunction with having business interests, after Gerry Adams showed an interest in running for election in the Republic..
    Absolute rubbish. You have no idea what you're on about. Arthur didn't want to run. He was dragged kicking and screaming into running for a 2nd term.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cogol For This Useful Post:

TheNads (08-10-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TheNads View Post
    Again I am merely stating SF position, not apologising for it. I have an SF friend, fairly senior, who told me that Arthur Morgan was leaving his seat regardless of who was or wasn't succeeding him. They told me a year before Adams was announced. I have no reason to doubt it, they discusses Adams & McGuinness's IRA membership with me openly.
    In order to get peace on this island we needed to fudge as much as possible, ignore more & find some common ground. That was done & as time passes SF will become as acceptable as a political party as FF & FG became, even though their histories were mired in violence. If SF need to keep bleeting their 32 county ideals, blurring things & being less than honest it's because they are juggling several agendas - keeping the Unionists on track, their own supporters on track & all the time trying to influence potential new supporters. I for one am prepared to give them some slack & time to continue to become just another political party.
    While I respect your views Brother Nads, I think "fudge" and not dealing with reality is partly to blame for what has this country in the state it is in at present. For how long did Fianna Fail fudge taking real political decisions and just throw money at any problem that arose? As for fudging where Sinn Fein is concerned, there is a name for that......appeasement. It did'nt work in 1938......it has'nt worked since....it never works. You either believe in the ballot box exclusively or in the Armalite exclusively.......there is no half way house where democracy is concerned.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to carlos marvado For This Useful Post:

TheNads (08-10-11)

Reviews

Nice one, Alec

Reviews

Martin might be an murdering PIRA bastard who hasn't any charm or carisma, but if he's doing so well in the polls it doesn't say much for the 90 years of political freedom that the 26 counties has had.
    Its a sorry state of affairs when a blow in from the north is causing so much concern in "little britain" when there is little or no real candidates to compete again his except for a few no marks.

The real issue seems to be that Sinn Fein have a more sophisticated, well oiled (along with their guns), developed party over the last 20 years than anything that the 26 counties have produced as a party over the last 90 years. They are gaining momentum and support every year and if someone of are unhappy with that then you need to ask why this happening?

So it's not a case of shame on Sinn Fein, they're trying,
    it's shame on FF/FG, they have not only let the southerners down, they have shat on you all from a great height.
    Last edited by Derry lad; 07-10-11 at 23:58.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derry lad For This Useful Post:

doodlebug (07-10-11), JohnRambo (08-10-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by experiencedguy View Post
    Yes, but how many of us have been accused of murder? You can't just brush the allegations under the 'we're all not innocent' rug.
    I can name quite a few who have been accused and their hands are very clean, myself included.

Putting Sinn Fein in power is like putting al qaeda in charge of the middle east, I personally would rather a gay or ex euro-vision winner than a former self admitting terrorist !
    CBG

I've spent my entire life doing nothing but collecting comic books... and now there's only time to say... LIFE WELL SPENT!

Reviews

One mans terrorist is an other mans freedom fighter.
    James Connolly
    Nelson mandela
    To name but two...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Derry lad For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (08-10-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Derry lad View Post
    One mans terrorist is an other mans freedom fighter.
    James Connolly
    Nelson mandela
    To name but two...
    The version I heard, and it is from a British court libel action....
    Today's terrorist, is tomorrows freedom fighter, and the next days statesman.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

Derry lad (08-10-11), TheNads (08-10-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by cogol View Post
    Absolute rubbish. You have no idea what you're on about. Arthur didn't want to run. He was dragged kicking and screaming into running for a 2nd term.
    And your sources are.......?

Reviews

to say all US shinners are from a poor,uneducated background is just plain IGNORANT!!!.people are entitled to there opinion YES, but to label all who 'votail sinn fein' sheep,that's a big genearlization....... example= 'all muslims are in the taliban/al gaeda'!!.its not on.
    anyway il STILL be voting for mr mc guinness,i honestly dont think he'll win the election(because of all the 'media' anti sinn fein crap,and threads like this 1 all over the internet)
    but i will still be voting for him.........because thats MY choice!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gbnl For This Useful Post:

experiencedguy (08-10-11), sperminater (08-10-11)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast