Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shamefull actions in Dublin

Reviews

[QUOTE=City Gent;475703]
    Quote Originally Posted by xagerate View Post

It's no good replying when your just talking bollix, as minorities tend to do.

CG

Your reply Citygent is not typical of a gent. If you had bothered to read Xagerates original point, he is largely agreeing with the bulk of the posts on this thread, secondly to dismiss his point because it is the minority is a very disturbing attitude. We are all members of some minority or other, posting on this site is a minority in itself, to dismiss opinions because they come from a minority as bollix is at best simplistic, and at worst bordering on rascist.

The reasons some people attacked Gardai in Dublin yesterday is because they could, nothing more nothing less, the reasons they want to are myriad and copied across cities througout the world. They are not necessarily patriotic sons of Erin or "scumbags" however it is not my place to spend days outlining the socio demograhic reasons trouble like this occurs. I do draw the line however at dismissing someones argument as bollix because it is a minority. That my friend is the type of attitude that has allowed some of the greatest atrocities of the past centuries to be perpetrated in the name of the majority.

Just thought I would share that, and I hope that we can all play fair and respectfully from here on in.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

look ,all nations have an element that we all would prefer disappear up there own arseholes, guess what? some of ours were out playing silly buggers with the cops,
    the bit i love in all of this is these same lovelies as one poster stated were wearing english football shirts, alas, if you hit them with an iron bar ,they would not see the irony of it all,because that would mean they had a brain cell to share amongest themselves
    taking a break, but not gone

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wanted the best 69 For This Useful Post:

City Gent (18-05-11)

[QUOTE=doodlebug;475756]
    Quote Originally Posted by City Gent View Post

Your reply Citygent is not typical of a gent. If you had bothered to read Xagerates original point, he is largely agreeing with the bulk of the posts on this thread, secondly to dismiss his point because it is the minority is a very disturbing attitude. We are all members of some minority or other, posting on this site is a minority in itself, to dismiss opinions because they come from a minority as bollix is at best simplistic, and at worst bordering on rascist.

The reasons some people attacked Gardai in Dublin yesterday is because they could, nothing more nothing less, the reasons they want to are myriad and copied across cities througout the world. They are not necessarily patriotic sons of Erin or "scumbags" however it is not my place to spend days outlining the socio demograhic reasons trouble like this occurs. I do draw the line however at dismissing someones argument as bollix because it is a minority. That my friend is the type of attitude that has allowed some of the greatest atrocities of the past centuries to be perpetrated in the name of the majority.

Just thought I would share that, and I hope that we can all play fair and respectfully from here on in.

Some very nice fluffy words all put together in the right order, unfortunately It still comes over as another 'Fluffy' load of bollix sorry.

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

Reviews

[QUOTE=City Gent;475819]
    Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post

Some very nice fluffy words all put together in the right order, unfortunately It still comes over as another 'Fluffy' load of bollix sorry.

CG
    Your stock response City Gent is a little tiresome and betrays a severe lack of thought, original or otherwise. However, it is your opinion to which you are entitled.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

City Gent (18-05-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by curiousgeorge View Post
    I may be wrong in saying...... but did anyone else feel kinda ashamed by the actions of a few in Dublin today. Everyone has a right to protest, but that wasn't protesting, that was stupidity, and the only people they were hurting, or trying to hurt were also Irish......
    I have too say I was ashamed the people involved are only scumbags out to cause trouble but the sad and sorry thing about all of this the people involved haven't a clue about the history off the Irish state uneducated and ignorant pups.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fitzy For This Useful Post:

City Gent (18-05-11), curiousgeorge (18-05-11), wanted the best 69 (18-05-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    People in Ireland (a minority?) really need to let what happened in past centuries go.
    It's time too move on life is for living not fighting it comes and it goes at a flick off a light switch so I don't see the point in living in the past and ray well sad fella short but too the point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xagerate View Post
    This obviously wont be popular looking at all previous posts but........YES the morons who took part in the firecracker throwing etc aint true republicans/nationalists ill bet.Most of em probably dont know the history of what went on ,so they should indeed be dealt with in relation to being thugs and causing public disorder for no reason other than using her visit as an excuse.However when Ladiesman says he cant understand why ANYONE should protest Lizzies visit my stomach churns.
    She is the head of an archaic and antiquated institution who see themselves as above each and every one who doesnt have an OBE/MBE or HRH in their name.That means you ,I and everyone else here Ladiesman.David Cameron etc i would have no problem with as he is an elected politician and leader of the country (and therefore more what a head of state should mean).But to see the traffic disruption,costs and sheer pandering that ensues when her or her like make official visits is disgusting.True..Our own president assumes a similar role on this side of the water....but where Lizzie differs is in the eliteist nature of what she is a part of.There are other royal dynasties around the world and in my opinion they are all as irrelevant and meaningless as each other .....................and that Ladiesman is why her visit should be protested (The history of the last 800 years is just extra fuel on the fire as to why she shouldnt be here).
    personally I feel that excuse is a lie used by certain people to justify protesting this visit. Why when Prince Albert of Monaco was over here only a few weeks ago were there no protests in the street?

As someone who has worked and lived in the UK for a few years and was welcomed with open arms by all I met, I feel it's about time that people let history be history.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (18-05-11), Fitzy (18-05-11), skyliner (18-05-11)

It beggers belief, from that RTE clip above I honestly think I seen a Liverpool jersey...... Just goes to show the extent of intelligence there
    I saw the same mate, Man United. Liverpool, Celtic tops. Do these fucking idiots not see the irony in this??

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by daftscouser View Post
    I saw the same mate, Man United. Liverpool, Celtic tops. Do these fucking idiots not see the irony in this??
    I really think if you mentioned irony to them they would start looking on their shirts for the creases......

14. The Following User Says Thank You to curiousgeorge For This Useful Post:

wanted the best 69 (18-05-11)

Reviews

I really think if you mentioned irony to them they would start looking on their shirts for the creases......
    Love it, was thinking the same thing myself.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

curiousgeorge (18-05-11)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast