Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jealousy..

Reviews

I think jealousy can be both a natural reaction or a damaging emotion depending on the circumstances.

An example of where jealousy is a natural reaction is when a person finds out their spouse/partner has been having an affair. I think it would be somewhat strange if one didn't feel jealous in this situation (along with a whole myriad of other emotions).

However, jealousy can be damaging when its not backed by fact and purely due to suspicion of a loved ones affections/ behaviour. In this case its just possessiveness (as pointed out by Kelso).

As to whether its women or men that are more prone to jealousy....I think that totally depends on the individual.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

Rachel Divine (17-02-11)

Reviews

Jealousy to me has always seemed to be about insecurity. Some people aren't sure of themselves and are insecure about their relationships, and the fear that someone else could/will come along and take away our special someone takes over and begins to direct some people's behaviour toward their partners.

It's always hypothetically possible that someone 'better' might come along, but if you trust in your partner, and you trust in your love for them, then there's little or no need to feel insecure about it. I'd had a girlfriend a few years ago-- I trusted her completely-- but I DID NOT trust one or two of the fellas that started ringing/texting her at times (there were 2 in particular). It was the other guys that I didn't trust, because they had met me and knew that we were a proper couple, but they TRIED IT ON WITH HER ANYWAY!

I'd asked her to end contact with them because it was obvious they were trying it on, and she accused me of being jealous. I told her that it was obvious that other men would find her attractive, she was a really beautiful Polish girl, and loads of guys had their eyes on her when we went around together. But I trusted that she wouldn't cheat on me with any other guy, and as far as I know, she was loyal to me for as long as we were together. It was just the other guys that I had no trust in-- or perhaps, I could say I trusted the guys even more-- I TRUSTED them to behave the way that guys do! I had just hoped for a bit more respect for obviously demarcated boundaries, but some people have no respect for those!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cable87 For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (16-02-11), Rachel Divine (17-02-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    I think jealousy can be both a natural reaction or a damaging emotion depending on the circumstances.

An example of where jealousy is a natural reaction is when a person finds out their spouse/partner has been having an affair. I think it would be somewhat strange if one didn't feel jealous in this situation (along with a whole myriad of other emotions).

However, jealousy can be damaging when its not backed by fact and purely due to suspicion of a loved ones affections/ behaviour. In this case its just possessiveness (as pointed out by Kelso).

As to whether its women or men that are more prone to jealousy....I think that totally depends on the individual.
    agreed i dont think men are more jealous or vice versa, depends on person for sure

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sweet rachel View Post
    It is jealousy something normal? Some ppl arent jealous,some are alot!
    When it is excessively becomes disease (the doctors said it lol).
    Are u a jealous person? Tell us abou it...
    I think jealousy is normal, everyone gets jealous or envious in their own way, some over things others over people. I would never feel jealous over what someone else had, but if for example if my girlfriend or wife was flirting with a guy sure i'd be jealous, probably more mad than jealous.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hornylimerick For This Useful Post:

Rachel Divine (17-02-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Talking

No not the jealous type well when I was younger if one of the boys got of with a better looking girl then me our not getting picked for a footie game the green eyed monster might appear .
    But I think jealously is an emotion and I was pretty good at controlling mine

Reviews

Never been jealous in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    Never been jealous in my life.
    Really? I'm jealous! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Really? I'm jealous! LOL!
    ooohh dear...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

samlad (16-02-11)

"Jealousy is the effect of guilt of ones own mishaps"
    Robert Nellums
    He felt her hands slide slowly up his thigh, he couldn't stop himself from growing hard. She caught his eye and in that second he knew: This erotic, sensual Lady is bold if she is anything. She would be upto mischief in no time...
    Some things never change

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishAlex View Post
    "Jealousy is the effect of guilt of ones own mishaps"

Robert Nellums
    Well worth waiting a month for a quote like that ! x
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast