Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts movies

Blog Entries

Have to totally agree with you and great pic of the Master

Blog Entries
    Reviews

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Ong-bak is also very good. I like Jackie Chan but more in the slapstick roles such as in The Forbidden Kingdom
    µ

I really liked The Forbidden Kingdom, but I liked Jet Li more than Jackie Chan. The fight between them was quite impressive though.

I, however, wasn't really impressed by Ong Bak, but that's probably because I'm not a fan of Muay Thai Kickboxing.

Batman uses the Keysi Fighting Method, originally from Spain I believe, is good but not really that impressive on screen, seems more like just dirty street fighting, rather than an actual Martial Art.

And how could I forget the almighty Bruce Lee? I don't know who would win in an actual fight, they are all masters of their own style(s). I think Donnie Yen would give Bruce Lee the hardest time...
    Is this the land where sun brightly shines, is this the existence of a heaven's sign?
    Is this the locus the hallowed focus, where grace love and harmony combine?

Rotting Christ - Nemecic

Who Am I? A son of northern darkness.

What about chuck Norris? He did take on a bear in one movie lol , not sure of the name of it though

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bodybuilder For This Useful Post:

magicalman9357 (17-10-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bodybuilder View Post
    What about chuck Norris? He did take on a bear in one movie lol , not sure of the name of it though

Reviews

Ah lets keep it real buddy...fighting bears is hollywood. lol.

There have been some epic movies from the far east of late ....anyone see The Red Cliff.....

Reviews

I like all martial arts, each have there advantages and disadvantages. I train and used to fight in muay thai so that is special to me. Its the ultimate standing martial art sport. As for Kfm being just "dirty street fighting" all street fighting is dirty. Most martial art sports are bound by rules. These rules hold back the development of the martial art. Kfm is not bound by rules therefore is a great martial art for personal development as a martial artist.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dark-knight For This Useful Post:

Rayden (17-10-10)

Blog Entries

Yes he was great in one of the Bruce Lee films but can't remember which one

Blog Entries

the best of the best has to be Chris Farley in Beverly Hills Ninja, he'd kick everyones ass but if i can't be watching that I'd have to go with Ong Bak, loved that film.

Reviews

Ong Bak....dont know this film...enlighten me please....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast