Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: depression

Reviews

i have been depressed for quite a while now, mostly to do with the same old shit everyday. Though i am now making an effort to really change my life around. It finally has gotten to the point where i am just sick of my depression, so i have been forced to change things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    i have been depressed for quite a while now, mostly to do with the same old shit everyday. Though i am now making an effort to really change my life around. It finally has gotten to the point where i am just sick of my depression, so i have been forced to change things.
    Well the way i always look at it is this and im not being a smart ass here. The depression didnt cause the probs.Its the other way around. You can go from a to z and have your health or you can go from a to z and end up with your health messed up. The choice is entirely yours. I know it isnt easy soemtimes but you have to make an effort to control your thoughts and your feelings about them because otherwise over time they will end up controlling you.

Westside.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Rayden (27-06-10)

Hello Harry, thank you for such a brave post. I hope you fell better soon, depression is not an easy battle. You can make it work hun, you have here people you can talk to
    Loads of hugs
    Nic

Blog Entries

Its very important to have goals in life and also to take time for yourself too. Look at it like a car battery. It will eventually go flat and so does your brain. the prob is when your brain is fried you cant

(a) think logically and

(b) anything you think comes back as an overinflated emotion.

Having goals or aims when acted on gives a person a sense of control and also a sense of fulfillment that is usually missing in ppl that suffer from depression.

Taking time out for yourself whether its a walk on your own, taking a nap,popping into a church or whatever floats a persons boat will keep the battery (brain) from overworking by renewing it.

If anyone is suffering from depression and reading this i strongly urge you to try it and see what happens. Simply sit down and put all your probs to the back of your mind (where most of them should be anyway) and reevaluate what you (you, not your wife or gf, of grand mother or teacher but you) would like to do. It could be as simple as listening to inspiring music or simply writing or something. Also decide to take time (even a half hour will do wonders if done daily) every single day to relax and think of and do nothing. If ten women arrive at your door they can wait.

Try this. It works. I have used it and i have seen others use it too with great success.

youll be far happier,
    Westside.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Patricia (27-06-10), Rayden (27-06-10)

Reviews

Just saw your post Harry just wanna let u know u have my support as well. You are very brave posrting about it here. Depresion may happen to anyone no matter what age you are, and how happy your life was before. Some people deal with problems without problems others are more likely to feel down.. I am sure your problem didn't just start from one day to another, it must have been some some problems that raised to something bigger. Whatever it is you are the only one who knows, and I wish you to find the way to solve it. Just put away any alcochol - worst thing to do is drinking when you are down, that doesn't solve anything just makes you feel worse....I am with you mate..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pablo_23 For This Useful Post:

liverpool05 (27-06-10)

Reviews

Yeah I suffered depression a couple of times in the past. A few things (most of them already mentioned)

Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is excellent for treating depression. And there is a plethora of councelling services availble. Pieta House in Dun Laoghaire is very good.

Your GP would be especially concerned about tranqs or sleeping pills (very very moderate use only) but anti-depressant meds have to be taken over a prolonged period (at least 6 months I would think)

Don't feel guilty or ashamed about being depressed but for christ's sake DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Drink is a depressant. Do not drink if you are clinically depressed.

Maintain good sleep hygiene routines, I cannot stress the importance of this enough.

Get yer ass out doors and exercise, I truly know you won't feel like doing it but this is the most important time to do it, believe me.

Finally, look forward to feeling well again (it really helps)
    lincoln

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincoln For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (27-06-10)

Reviews

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    depression has anyone here ever being suffering from depression i have been in a bad way over the last few weeks up's and downs crying for no reason knowing to myself not being able to concentrate on my job it got so bad that i had to take sick leave untill further notice the worse thing i did was to drink with my medication and i became somone that i didn't like i lashed out at people that was trying to help me i am sober now and just wanted to talk about this and i am very sorry to the people that i hurt you know who you are anyon ever feel like this please talk about it and don't bottle it up inside for too long i hope to be back on track again soon...........
    Harry,your a mess,i could see it months ago,rambling............get the hell out of Navan.,if you got the wedge buy yourself a place in D2,D4,REINVENT yourself,you have no ties,remember,brillance is only the other side of madness,dont go there,leave it to suggs!goodluck.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Yummyasslicker View Post
    I've been there. You have my sympathy. Just do the next right thing. Type in "sex addiction" & "Ireland" into google. Help is available. And stay away from depression triggers, like booze, & this site!
    or Just kill yourself.lmao.(only joking)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    depression has anyone here ever being suffering from depression i have been in a bad way over the last few weeks up's and downs crying for no reason knowing to myself not being able to concentrate on my job it got so bad that i had to take sick leave untill further notice the worse thing i did was to drink with my medication and i became somone that i didn't like i lashed out at people that was trying to help me i am sober now and just wanted to talk about this and i am very sorry to the people that i hurt you know who you are anyon ever feel like this please talk about it and don't bottle it up inside for too long i hope to be back on track again soon...........
    harry
    you have take the first steps in your quest for recovery, it takes time and yes i think it helps to voice the fact here, for too long people have hidden any from of mental health issues, good luck, and keep working at it

Harry,
    Sorry to hear about your suffering but you seem to be doing something about it. I saw a programme on the BBC a while back regarding depression. It was a who's who of top sportsmen and Frank Bruno (sorry Frank lol) who had suffered with depression. I was gobsmacked on who it featured. To a man they stated that the first step was to acknowldge it and talk about it. It was an extremely moving programme but also very positive. The one thing I took away from it was that you can win and beat depression! To have done what you did on here was couragous and for what it's worth I respect you for it.
    If you ever get the chance listen to the words of the REM record 'Everbody Hurts Sometimes'. Your not alone mate.
    Take care.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast