Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle O'Neill

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by konus View Post
    I am so glad I am 64 and hopefully off this planet before AI, A cashless society, Rediculus levels of PC and a World Government take over. I pity the youth of today with nothing but a distopian world to look forward to in their future. And the sad thing is, the youth of today are accepting all this change with open arms. Can someone shout ''Stop'' please.
    You may well be 64 but you might well live long enough to see a United Ireland !
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

Reviews

would the south be able to cope with another 6 counties, they are making a shocking hash job of the 26 they have, shocking carry on altogether...... leo, meehole, eamon are the three stooges

Reviews

I am so glad I am 64 and hopefully off this planet before AI, A cashless society, Rediculus levels of PC and a World Government take over. I pity the youth of today with nothing but a distopian world to look forward to in their future. And the sad thing is, the youth of today are accepting all this change with open arms. Can someone shout ''Stop'' please.
    its madness
    AI Will destroy us all if we don't destroy ourselves first with WW3, Biden does not care about peace as he loves war and knows hes ready for the knackers yard anyway..
    Bill Gates making more poison to kill us off, we are being hit from all directions......
    as for the youth they know no better and believe technology is the answer and way forward, no talking to the teens nowadays

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    You may well be 64 but you might well live long enough to see a United Ireland !
    No thanks to a United Ireland. I like my country how it is. If Northern Ireland doesn't want to be part of Britain then let it go it alone as an independent country. The Republic doesn't need the headache that comes with the north. We've enough problems already

I can't say I have a problem with a United Ireland, I'm sure it would probably work out ok for the most part, but I was born and raised in a 26 county republic and I honestly never really cared all that much about it. I think there is a feeling because we are an island that we should be one country, but those same people would disagree with Scotland not being free despite Britain being 1 island.

Borders exist everywhere, built out of blood and politics, and I was always proud of the 26 county republic for existing against all the odds. If I'm being completely honest, Northern Ireland is about as foreign to me as Scotland, England, or Wales are.
    Last edited by DamoEI; 04-02-24 at 21:03. Reason: typo

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DamoEI View Post
    I can't say I have a problem with a United Ireland, I'm sure it would probably work out ok for the most part, but I was born and raised in a 26 county republic and I honestly never really cared all that much about it. I think there is a feeling because we are an island that we should be one country, but those same people would disagree with Scotland not being free despite Britain being 1 island.

Borders exist everywhere, built out of blood and politics, and I was always proud of the 26 county republic for existing against all the odds. If I'm being completely honest, Northern Ireland is about as foreign to me as Scotland, England, or Wales are.
    Northern Ireland is foreign to me as well. It's British and will always be that. Best thing for Northen Ireland is to separate it from the 26 counties, tow it out to the mid atlantic and let it exist as an island and an independent country all on it's own. I hope in my lifetime that the beauty of the 26 counties never allows the malevolence and bitterness that is part of everyday life in NI to ever be part of this great republic.

7. Default

United Ireland ... Mary Lou as Taoiseach and Jeffrey Donaldson as Tanaiste .... please lord get me out of here !!!!

Northern Ireland is foreign to me as well. It's British and will always be that. Best thing for Northen Ireland is to separate it from the 26 counties, tow it out to the mid atlantic and let it exist as an island and an independent country all on its own. I hope in my lifetime that the beauty of the 26 counties never allows the malevolence and bitterness that is part of everyday life in NI to ever be part of this great republic.

Maybe you should read the GF Agreement. The state of NI will remain British as long as the people there say otherwise and Michelle O Neill becoming FM indicates change is coming.The bitterness up there you talk off is a direct result of partition which should never have been allowed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to morelovin For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (05-02-24)

Quote Originally Posted by DamoEI View Post

Pearse and Connolly didn’t face the firing squad for 26 county republic. Ireland is a nation and our fellow citizens up north like Michelle O Neill and the countless that see the tricolour as their flag won’t take to kindly to southerners telling them they can’t be part of the Irish nation. Yet we’ll embrace when they might bring us some glory in sport. The hypocrisy stinks.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to morelovin For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (05-02-24)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by morelovin View Post
    Pearse and Connolly didn’t face the firing squad for 26 county republic. Ireland is a nation and our fellow citizens up north like Michelle O Neill and the countless that see the tricolour as their flag won’t take to kindly to southerners telling them they can’t be part of the Irish nation. Yet we’ll embrace when they might bring us some glory in sport. The hypocrisy stinks.
    I've not read one history book that tells of the Ireland of Ireland being a nation ruled by an Irish man. We've had high kings alright but they have never had authority over the whole island. Other kings opposed them the wars always took place between the many kingdoms on the island. There is no guarantee this island would ever be united if the British never invaded. Like the island of Britain it could still be divided this day into many smaller countries as it was before the British invasion. Leave the north to itself and let them be independent. I'll be voting a big no in any unity vote

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pegmyass85 For This Useful Post:

DamoEI (05-02-24)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast