Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Michelle O'Neill

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pegmyass85 View Post
    Fuck Ireland's call. I'm quite happy with my countries national anthem. If the Northern Ireland wants to join the Republic of Ireland then they'll take out national anthem as well. Ridiculous to start changing who and what we are down to suit those who want to join us. They want to be part of the republic then be part of it not dictate to it
    And they'll use the Euro, queue for days in A&E, say the Angelus and pay €85000 for a BMW 520. United Ireland is a fairytale. Turkeys voting for Christmas on both sides of the border.
    Last edited by konus; 05-02-24 at 17:52.

What about all the cross-border scams? No border no money for "The Boys"

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pegmyass85 View Post
    Fuck Ireland's call. I'm quite happy with my countries national anthem. If the Northern Ireland wants to join the Republic of Ireland then they'll take out national anthem as well. Ridiculous to start changing who and what we are down to suit those who want to join us. They want to be part of the republic then be part of it not dictate to it
    That's the point....... There's a considerable number that don't want to join the "republic" as you call it. The people that build bonfires and burn the tri colour along with pictures of our President, Taoiseach etc etc, the masses that match throughout the 6 counties. They are not going to change. Going forward these people have to be accommodated, if there's going to be a united Ireland. They won't pass one bit of heed of the referendum. That's why I am saying a united Ireland is a long long way off. I watched a documentary that Brian O Driscoll featured in. He went up North and because of his greatness at rugby he was well received and respected by the rugby people, but everyone said they support the Irish rugby team but would never support the Republic soccer team. He received a lot of criticism and abuse on line for that visit mainly from the religious groups. How many people down south are prepared to change our national anthem, unveil a new flag for the 32 counties, all to have a united Ireland. I would say very very few. Throwing out one liners that they can fuck off back across the water isn't a solution. As you can see from the burning of buildings in the south the last few weeks there is an element of thuggery this side of the border also

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benny123 For This Useful Post:

Noregrets (05-02-24), oldguy (05-02-24), Palatine (05-02-24)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    What about all the cross-border scams? No border no money for "The Boys"
    Can't beat a good scam, but a cashless society will soon put a stop to that. All about control.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to konus For This Useful Post:

oldguy (05-02-24)

Reviews

Have to say that I am surprised and indeed very disappointed that so many posters are opposed to a United Ireland.

From I was a child I have dreamt of a United Ireland.

Regardless of what financial gain or loss it might mean to me .

Posters here say they're happy with a 26 county Republic. What about us born North of the border. Are we not as Irish as you ?

Just over 100 years ago we had the Easter Rising.
    And then partition. The worst mistake ever in this country.

But some of you obviously don't give a fuck about your Irish neighbours.

Just because they happen to be born in Armagh or Derry . Even Tyrone !

I AM IRISH.

And fuck any cunt that calls me British.

Seems like there's a lot of West Brits posting here.

"Beyond the Pale ". We never lay down.

Fuck yiz all.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Corsasport (05-02-24), ladiesman217 (08-02-24), Noregrets (05-02-24)

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Have to say that I am surprised and indeed very disappointed that so many posters are opposed to a United Ireland.

Posters here say they're happy with a 26 county Republic. What about us born North of the border. Are we not as Irish as you ?

I AM IRISH.

Fuck yiz all.
    I'm equally surprised (well not really) and disappointed at some people's view of a united Ireland's approach to those of a British heritage to piss off to England or just suck up that any expression of their place on the island is gone.

I have to question what that means for someone like me. I'm definitely Irish. But I'm British too. I'd like to see a united Ireland but I don't want to see it being a sectarian shithole. I think there's room for a more complex identity than just tricolours and amhráns. If there isn't, then how long is unity going to last afterwards? I don't want to sow the seeds for the next sectarian bloodletting. You've had too much of that. Those of us of a Protestant background in west Cork haven't forgotten how quickly the veil of freedom fighting fell away to sectarian murder down here either.

I want Orange Barney to be a lot more welcomed in a UI than Green Barney was in NI.
    Last edited by Palatine; 05-02-24 at 20:58.

I AM IRISH.

Fuck yiz all.
    I'm from the west of Ireland, born and bred. I grew up around tons of refugees from Belfast and Derry, and all they ever did was throw their weight around and whinge constantly about what was going on in the North. Well I couldn't care less about the North. I've never been there and I have no plans to go there. I've as much kinship with Nordies as I do with Scots or English.

We all know what will happen if the North joins the Republic - all that baggage will come too, and there'll be a whole new set of problems. There'll be a demand to change the flag, the anthem, the curriculum, and any resistance will be called "an outrage". We'll have to listen to ye bang on about whose parade should go where, and riots in every city in Ireland when the Orangemen decide they should be allowed to have a parade in Limerick or Galway now.

I'm not opposed to a United Ireland, I just don't give a shit. I didn't grow up feeling like I was missing any part of my identity, I knew my country and I was fine with it. Nationalism is a dirty word now in globalist Ireland anyway, so the whole thing just rings hollow to me. Let's all be unified under the Davos ruling elite, hurray!

(And spare me your "West Brits" bullshit, I can trace my family way back in Munster so I don't need to justify my Irishness to someone from the North, of all places.)

11. Default

I AM IRISH.

Fuck yiz all.
    Sorry to break it to you Barney ... but born in the North of Ireland you're British, just like George Best and Rory McIlroy. If being Irish is so important to you, sell up and move South, but you'll still be a Brit living in the Republic.
    Last edited by konus; 05-02-24 at 21:33.

Quote Originally Posted by konus View Post
    Sorry to break it to you Barney ... but born in the North of Ireland you're British, just like George Best and Rory McIlroy. If being Irish is so important to you, sell up and move South.
    Whatever your view on a UI. This is bullshit.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Palatine View Post
    Whatever your view on a UI. This is bullshit.
    Incorrect.. people born in NI are British not Irish. That's just the fact of the matter.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast