Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New members

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Greenman35 View Post
    Hi all how does the forum work with new members
    Personally speaking I don't think a
    new member should be allowed post for the first month after joining. That month would allow them read all the forums and stop them asking silly questions because the answers to all the newbie questions have been asked hundreds of times before and the answers are already there.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by IAmLIAm View Post
    I will absolutely agree with the sentiment about the guys that send PMs with no review or post history.
    That does seem a different animal to me then the newbies popping on the forums with general questions or adding to the topics.
    ^^this^^

I’d go a little further than that, limit newbies to a heavily moderated section of their own until they hit the 5 reviews mark, far too many “no review” unqualified posters on here with an opinion on everything as it is, does this happen on other forums?, I doubt if burger king had a forum there’d be too many vegetarians posting on it 🙄

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (27-12-23), beautyaddict (27-12-23), bmw528 (26-12-23)

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH123 View Post
    I find it easier to take an instant dislike to new posters, it saves a hell of a lot of time,

eventually the trolls reveal themselves, the wheat separates from the chaff and occasionally we’re left with solid posters
    This one’s bursting at the seams / not you obviously .
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Reviews

^^this^^

I’d go a little further than that, limit newbies to a heavily moderated section of their own until they hit the 5 reviews mark, far too many “no review” unqualified posters on here with an opinion on everything as it is, does this happen on other forums?, I doubt if burger king had a forum there’d be too many vegetarians posting on it 🙄
    I’m not gonna put everyone in same category.. but it’s the brass neck of some of the new members that gets me… on her a week or 2… zero reviews and sending PMs asking questions about ladies…

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    This one’s bursting at the seams / not you obviously .
    Oh I’d never be subtle enough to qualify as a troll, that takes far too much restraint, I prefer to call bullshit where and when it’s needed, might put a few noses out of joint now and again but at least I’m honest about it 👍
    Anyway the last thing this place needs is another troll, definitely no shortage

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by charlie82 View Post
    I’m not gonna put everyone in same category.. but it’s the brass neck of some of the new members that gets me… on her a week or 2… zero reviews and sending PMs asking questions about ladies…
    Yeah, the pm system should be limited access as well,
    I just turned mine off, the amount of queries from window lickers was unreal 🙄

8. Default

Oh I’d never be subtle enough to qualify as a troll, that takes far too much restraint, I prefer to call bullshit where and when it’s needed, might put a few noses out of joint now and again but at least I’m honest about it 👍
    Anyway the last thing this place needs is another troll, definitely no shortage
    The one on this thread could hardly be clearer !
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Launcelot (27-12-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    The one on this thread could hardly be clearer !
    Has been obvious for quite some time 👍

Reviews

Has been obvious for quite some time 👍
    Ohhhh the paranoia is going 1000 miles per hour now😁

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie82 For This Useful Post:

IAmLIAm (27-12-23), Launcelot (27-12-23)

13. Default

Shouldn’t we be welcoming new members, everyone starts a newbie and needs to find their voice

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Launcelot For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (27-12-23), IAmLIAm (27-12-23), koopa98 (27-12-23), Nononsense111 (27-12-23), oldfool (27-12-23)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast