Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New members

Gonna probably ruffle a few feathers, but as a relatively newer member some of the tribals here make it hard to join the community. Almost every time a thread is started by someone new whether it’s a new topic or asked before, it turns into shit posting and sarcasm and can be very off putting for someone trying to dip their feet in. There are plenty of helpful people but the shit posters just can’t help themselves.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to koopa98 For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (27-12-23), AngelsFan (27-12-23), Blue60 (27-12-23), IAmLIAm (27-12-23), Thoreau (27-12-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by koopa98 View Post
    Gonna probably ruffle a few feathers, but as a relatively newer member some of the tribals here make it hard to join the community. Almost every time a thread is started by someone new whether it’s a new topic or asked before, it turns into shit posting and sarcasm and can be very off putting for someone trying to dip their feet in. There are plenty of helpful people but the shit posters just can’t help themselves.
    Can’t disagree, there was a stage a while back where every thread got covered in absolute drivel, two ronnies level, about as funny as cancer, seems to be on the upsurge again, guys trying far too hard to fit in I guess

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

koopa98 (27-12-23), Thoreau (27-12-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by koopa98 View Post
    Ah you’re grand… I’m afraid that’s kinda what it’s like around here… the genuine fellas seem to stick it out and the “reincarnated” eventually blow their lids and end up banned again!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie82 For This Useful Post:

koopa98 (27-12-23), Thoreau (27-12-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH123 View Post
    True enough but new guys with all the questions aren’t really the issue, “new guys” who seem to have all the answers are the ones waving the red flags 😉
    When you see lads with more posts in 6 months or so than they have in almost 2 years the red flags appear everywhere 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by charlie82 View Post
    Ah you’re grand… I’m afraid that’s kinda what it’s like around here… the genuine fellas seem to stick it out and the “reincarnated” eventually blow their lids and end up banned again!!
    haha cheers, not my first forum board so I knew what to expect but just speaking for the newer guys afraid to post.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to koopa98 For This Useful Post:

IAmLIAm (27-12-23), Thoreau (27-12-23)

Reviews

New members are new blood and new blood is always required whether it's this forum or the local football team. In this case this new member might be a really genuine bloke but he is doing himself no favours. He registers on Christmas Day, immediately asks a question and hasn't logged in again to see what replies he is getting. In fairness people have given him some sound advice. If he was genuinely interested he would log on a few times and interact with the posters and build a rapport with fellow users. However nearly 48 after the mad panic to sign up on "Christmas Day" he hasn't bothered to return so the people who took their time to give him a few snippets of advice were wasting their time. That is why posters like me are mega suspicious.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benny123 For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (27-12-23), IAmLIAm (27-12-23), oldfool (27-12-23), Thoreau (27-12-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH123 View Post
    ^^this^^

I’d go a little further than that, limit newbies to a heavily moderated section of their own until they hit the 5 reviews mark, far too many “no review” unqualified posters on here with an opinion on everything as it is, does this happen on other forums?, I doubt if burger king had a forum there’d be too many vegetarians posting on it 🙄

We have some no reviews know it alls here ,pains they be . Those that review take the risks and effort . Reviews help confirm who we are and help advertisers . If you do not review then you sit lower on here , instead we get arrogance and them looking for others to PM them , useless lazy parasites
    Clubcard stop now
    "Those who keep the ability to see beauty, never grow old"- Frank Kafka

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

oldfool (27-12-23), Thoreau (27-12-23), TommyH123 (27-12-23)

Reviews

There’s a real thrill to writing reviews - it’s half the fun

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nononsense111 For This Useful Post:

IAmLIAm (27-12-23), Thoreau (27-12-23)

Reviews

I wouldn’t say 1/2 the fun, but it does finish it well. Normally a thanks to the lady and reinforces the memory

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldfool For This Useful Post:

IAmLIAm (27-12-23), Nononsense111 (27-12-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by oldfool View Post
    I wouldn’t say 1/2 the fun, but it does finish it well. Normally a thanks to the lady and reinforces the memory
    Serves as a good memoir I suppose

Speaking of , I’ve gone far too long without a punt. Lorena is back in Cork so I might indulge if I can slip away from the fam lol

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast