Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Parnell Street Attack

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Palatine View Post

Sorry, didn't realise you were 12. Carry on.
    No name calling this time? I'm disappointed. You seem like a very emotional person, everything ok?

You Two !!

Stop it 🛑 !!

You both highly intelligent , both well informed :: Stop acting like silly kids ! Xxx

No need to derail this thread xxx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by WellDressed View Post
    It is being reported now that the individual that carried this attack out was arrested in May in possession of a knife and criminal damage to a car.

There are also unconfirmed reports that he may have been subject to a self deportation order.
    Maybe source those reports in case you're spreading misinformation.
    https://twitter.com/garmacnamee/stat...5v-vtHPwA&s=19

Deputy senior editor for the Irish daily mail

This was known the night the incident happened but only confirmed now
    Also you do know you can look things up yourself right?
    Ignoring the unnecessary snideyness, instead of 100 people who receive information all looking to verify it independently, it's a lot better if the 1 information supplier did the sourcing.

There are plenty of examples recently where false rumours got out of control and endangered lives, so instead of acting the snidey fuck, you could just be helpful instead. It's ok not to act the asshole online, you know.
    You feel better after that little cry buddy?
    He did. He was also snidey in response to it.

Sorry, didn't realise you were 12. Carry on.
    No name calling this time? I'm disappointed. You seem like a very emotional person, everything ok?
    The two of ye !!!

For god’s sake !

♥️♥️♥️

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    You Two !!

Stop it �� !!

You both highly intelligent , both well informed :: Stop acting like silly kids ! Xxx

No need to derail this thread xxx
    Sorry I was called asshole and a snidey fuck by him. He can fuck right off with his little toddler tantrum. The anonymity that this board tends to give individuals balls they wouldn't have in real life. So he can entirely go fuck himself

His little "source" comment was directed at information that doesn't fit the narrative he likes. I didn't see him ask one other person in the thread. Then when the information doesn't line up with his world views he starts bitching

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    When his name and details are released — if he’s a brown foreigner ( no matter he’s been here 20yrs ) ,

I see more trouble on the horizon .

Perhaps it would spur the govt to review their immigration procedures / judicial system ( up on knife 5 mos ago !? )

Tragic incident — and the woman teacher injured is Still mentioned only as a side note - if mentioned at all .

If she did not throw herself in the path of that attack , likely more little ones would’ve been injured ,

fear to say killed .

Yet she is a side note - while the heroic man taking away the knife is ( rightfully ) celebrated .

There’re all sorts of inequalities going on here : She should be elevated and honored for Her actions .
    He may be outed as being here 20 years, the people who commented in this thread about "undocumented" "migrants" wont retract anything they said though.
    Theyve shown their colours though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Marko1980 For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (25-11-23)

Agree with you Marko.An ugly underbelly of xenophobia has been exposed on this thread.
    Btw those who advocate that voting rights be restricted to law-abiding citizens should be aware that they are possibly disenfranchising many who are reading their posts!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcsocrates For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (25-11-23), Marko1980 (25-11-23)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH123 View Post
    Fair play to the Brazilian lad who stepped in

Did what we all hoped we’d do if we were there

Rightly praised, not sure about gofundme though

Anyway, the Irish National that took the knife from the attacker at great personal risk and put in a safe place, no less brave

What’s his name?..is he getting a pint bought?

The other people who shielded the kids?

I guess the media gets to call the shots

Does the narrative ever rest?
    The Brazilian walloped him on the head and he fell. Then all those who were watching swooped in to ‘disarm’ him. So brave to watch kids being knifed then step in when he’s incapacitated.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyTantraMassage For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (25-11-23)

Quote Originally Posted by Noregrets View Post
    We have also established that a family member of the suspect contacted gardai hours after Thursday’s attack to tell them he had been a normal man until he suffered a brain tumour two years ago.

If true, its nothing to do with his religion, or immigration status and a serious failing of our courts and health service.

What will the mob say then?

Sure we just needed an excuse to riot and would have found another one
    So in light of developing information there was absolutely no reason for the racist and

utterly xenophobic rantings that went on here on the Forum either . : in light of day etc.

It was quite disturbing - for me at least - to see some posts .

It’s one thing to discuss immigration issues ; it’s a diff thing to be racist / act racist .

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (25-11-23), Marko1980 (25-11-23), Noregrets (25-11-23)

I too have very strong views — but I wait until all pertinent information comes in before

condemning an Individual not based on his actions but based on his Race ??

: or clump together : ah Afghan , Algerian , all the same .

There’s a diff. between condemning an Act and the Actor of an incident or blanket racing

whole ethnicities or peoples .

I spent a month in Istanbul earlier this year : amongst ‘the People’ , long discussions : a bit of insight .

I have My views - yet to tar All Muslims with same brush : not right .

Just as tarring all Irish ☘️ with same brush based on last night’s rioters and looters would be wrong

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (25-11-23), Marko1980 (25-11-23), WellDressed (25-11-23)

If this was an organized knife attack perpetrated by Muslims ala small town in France 🇫🇷

with the battle cry of ‘killing whites’ — this would be a very different discussion .

But that is Not what happened .

By all appearances today / by today’s information this was a decent man ( ??? ) ,

who suffered brain damage some time back - which can Radically change a person’s identity ,

a person’s behavior ;

Apparently he’d had a run in with the law in May , being brought up on knife charges / and yet let go ;

And to the horror of us all , culminating in the god awful attack on the little ones .

Did the fact that he may be brown play a role ?? Any role ??

I’m sure we still don’t have the Whole picture , but the unmitigated outpouring of racism

and xenophobia on this thread was just unseemly .

Get Facts before Condemn — I understand the emotional gut reaction to babies getting hurt .

: condemn the Man and His actions , not a Race .

* all that said : if there shall be no changes to immigration vetting and protocol ,

here too will happen what has happened and is happening in France .

I sat for many hours - Learning .

Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast