Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Parnell Street Attack

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WellDressed View Post
    What are you on about now? You are posting in all threads about "seeing people's true colours" elaborate on what you want to say and to who or stop posting it. I distinctly remember you and others getting a hard on that this was an "Irish person". No he's an Algerian who came here at the age of 30, not as a child, he may have had mental problems or not. He was caught 5 months ago with a knife in the same area. I have had two people close to me die of brain tumors that never stabbed a person or commited acts of violence against kids.

Weak willed men create hard times
    Take a look around the hard times are here
    Did they have the same deficits as the guy? It's like saying 'He won €100 in the lotto so he should have bought houses and what not like your wan who won €200m).' Don't mask your contempt for him with stupid comparisons. It makes you look like a ***** and takes away from the deplorable thing he did.

Own your contempt. I don't care that I look like a xenophobic cunt. I am. I own it. Because of what I've seen happen in this country. I don't use unfair comparisons, thar devalues the argument and facts.

Shameful really. What next? I know someone who had breast cancer and they didn't die so the person you know dying from it is on them. See how stupid that sounds?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyTantraMassage For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (25-11-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmyTantraMassage View Post
    Newspaper articles. Read them.
    Yet again you state something without any back up. If you have a link to an article please provide. I tried to look for newspaper articles stating people stood by and looked and did nothing. I can't find any. All the information available is that the culprit was tackled by passers by. I am very puzzled by your claims. If I'm proved wrong I will accept that, otherwise it can only be assumed you posted information here that is false.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Airbusdriver View Post
    Yet again you state something without any back up. If you have a link to an article please provide. I tried to look for newspaper articles stating people stood by and looked and did nothing. I can't find any. All the information available is that the culprit was tackled by passers by. I am very puzzled by your claims. If I'm proved wrong I will accept that, otherwise it can only be assumed you posted information here that is false.
    Yet again, you refuse to go online to read readily available articles because you wanna come argue with me.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmyTantraMassage View Post
    Did they have the same deficits as the guy? It's like saying 'He won €100 in the lotto so he should have bought houses and what not like your wan who won €200m).' Don't mask your contempt for him with stupid comparisons. It makes you look like a ***** and takes away from the deplorable thing he did.

Own your contempt. I don't care that I look like a xenophobic cunt. I am. I own it. Because of what I've seen happen in this country. I don't use unfair comparisons, thar devalues the argument and facts.

Shameful really. What next? I know someone who had breast cancer and they didn't die so the person you know dying from it is on them. See how stupid that sounds?
    In fact yes, they did have dementia. They didn't hurt anyone. That's the point I made, regardless of what happened him stabbing kids can't be blamed on his mental illness.

He wasn't a child he was a 50 year old man that came here when he was 30. He was caught 5 months ago with a knife, this man shouldn't have been on the street. The government failed the people on multiple fronts and have been for years.

I don't know what point you were trying to make because it's exactly what I said
    Last edited by WellDressed; 25-11-23 at 15:54.

6. Default

The only article that mentions a white Irish guy helping is the daily mail. I stand corrected. 2 men ran and helped and a French teen joined to help subdue him. One of the busiest dublin street with at least 20 people on it constantly during the day at any given moment. But that day, it was only the guy who was with his wife and kids, the babies, the teacher/carer, the attacker and the deliveroo guy on a bike plus a young teen.

7. Default

In fact yes, they did have dementia. They didn't hurt anyone. That's the point I made, regardless of what happened him stabbing kids can't be blamed on his mental illness.

He wasn't a child he was a 50 year old man that came here when he was 30. He was caught 5 months ago with a knife, this man shouldn't have been on the street. The government failed the people on multiple fronts and have been for years.

I don't know what point you were trying to make because it's exactly what I said
    I'm glad they didn't have any cognitive function changes. Not many are as lucky. And, he had dementia, did he? The attacker that is. Trying to draw on why the comparison. Or your relatives had the exact same tumor, got the exact same treatment and had the exact same brain chemistry as him?

I never said he was a child. I never said he attacked due to his brain tumor - I'm not a neurologist. You did. I'm trying to figure out why the comparison. If the conditions I have above apply to your relatives, I apologise for jumping to conclusions without asking if you could elaborate. If not, my points still stand so do better.

Reviews

If not, my points still stand so do better.
    Ok........

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    You Two !!

Stop it �� !!

You both highly intelligent , both well informed :: Stop acting like silly kids ! Xxx

No need to derail this thread xxx
    Sorry for derailing this thread by asking for the source of the rumours being propogated here. Just like you did. Except you didn't get the snidey patronising response that I got. It's all grand. I'm having a beautiful weekend away and I really shouldn't be spoiling it engaging in a thread that reminds me that my country is going down the road of respectful ordinary joe fascism less than a decade after the US and the UK did.

There's a lot of me that agrees we need sensible and robust immigration and asylum policy, rooted in international law and backed by effective courts and policing. I've no argument with that. What I do regret is having that debate every time a brown person commits a crime, because that to me seems to be a wink nudge to a deeper, uglier motivation that I have no truck with and want nothing to do with.

An immigrant commited a horrendous act. Hundreds of native Irish people then compounded that. Fascists and racists who would boot many of us on this thead, and most of the sex workers advertising here, out of their Gaelic, white, heterosexual, catholic country. Their ideology is 100% repugnant to me and I'm not really willing to mine for a valid point around immigration policy that I might overlap with them in any way. They are scum and us having this discussion right now is an outcome they would celebrate. Hundreds more white Irish people then looted and burned out public property, and destroyed livelihoods for many at a critical time of the year. They weren't brown or Muslim. They did it yards from where Muslim women operate a free food service that feeds many Irish people on the streets.

Am I upset by some numpty flashing his arsehole online because he's asked for a source. Not really. It's to be expected online and it doesn't really matter. What does bother me is where my country is going and seeing otherwise reasonable people fall into an old fascist trap.

Now, back to my relaxing weekend. I have a few hours in a spa and pool ahead of me, followed by a Michelin dinner I've been looking forward to for months with someone special. Adios.
    Last edited by Palatine; 25-11-23 at 16:13.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Palatine For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (25-11-23), IrishSarahBarra (25-11-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Palatine View Post
    Sorry for derailing this thread by asking for the source of the rumours being propogated here. Just like you did. Except you didn't get the snidey patronising response that I got. It's all grand. I'm having a beautiful weekend away and I really shouldn't be spoiling it engaging in a thread that reminds me that my country is going down the road of respectful ordinary joe fascism less than a decade after the US and the UK did.

There's a lot of me that agrees we need sensible and robust immigration and asylum policy, rooted in international law and backed by effective courts and policing. I've no argument with that. What I do regret is having that debate every time a brown person commits a crime, because that to me seems to be a wink nudge to a deeper, uglier motivation that I have no truck with and want nothing to do with.

An immigrant commited a horrendous act. Hundreds of native Irish people then compounded that. Fascists and racists who would boot many of us on this thead, and most of the sex workers advertising here, out of their Gaelic, white, heterosexual, catholic country. Their ideology is 100% repugnant to me and I'm not really willing to mine for a valid point around immigration policy that I might overlap with them in any way. They are scum and us having this discussion right now is an outcome they would celebrate. Hundreds more white Irish people then looted and burned out public property, and destroyed livelihoods for many at a critical time of the year. They weren't brown or Muslim. They did it yards from where Muslim women operate a free food service that feeds many Irish people on the streets.

Am I upset by some numpty flashing his arsehole online because he's asked for a source. Not really. It's to be expected online and it doesn't really matter. What does bother me is where my country is going and seeing otherwise reasonable people fall into an old fascist trap.

Now, back to my relaxing weekend. I have a few hours in a spa and pool ahead of me, followed by a Michelin dinner I've been looking forward to for months with someone special. Adios.
    Enjoy your dinner.
    A very solid post

What are you on about now? You are posting in all threads about "seeing people's true colours" elaborate on what you want to say and to who or stop posting it. I distinctly remember you and others getting a hard on that this was an "Irish person". No he's an Algerian who came here at the age of 30, not as a child, he may have had mental problems or not. He was caught 5 months ago with a knife in the same area. I have had two people close to me die of brain tumors that never stabbed a person or commited acts of violence against kids.

Weak willed men create hard times
    Take a look around the hard times are here
    God you are stupid, you have 2 people close to you die of brain tumors, how the fuck could they have stabbed someone after the tumour that killed them. This man apparently had one and it did not kill him.

Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast