Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you do to “pick yourself up” cheer up

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmorInfinito8 View Post
    Hendrix Foxy Lady and Cream now we're talking
    Dig Ginger Baker drumming on White room, thanks for reminding me.

2. Default

Who didn’t watch cartoons .. and still do.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Launcelot For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (06-01-23)

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GoneShooting View Post
    This is a good useful thread & topic for sure. I'd an annoying start to the week & the last few days , with several irritating, headachy issues cropping up & still ongoing which derailed by work & plans. So good to be reminded of how to cheer up.

For me, a good gym session with heavy weights, barbell deadlifts, bench etc whilst listening to my favourite tunes. Then a swim in the pool in the gym when finished the weights. That destresses & cheers me up.

Or if I can't make the gym or just don't feel like it, a good long walk for at least an house, either listen to tunes or sometimes no tunes, that certainly helps too.
    Used to go running too (must get back into it) either later at night around the city, or run along the canal etc for at least 5k - 10k...causes runners high which is a good cheer up.

Any other ideas?
    Video games, cooking, a good comedy, any kind of sport that gets the heart going

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kerrytipp View Post
    This is very relevant to me currently as I am in a bad bad place ATM.

I thought about the afterlife 3 times over Christmas and had to back down as the guilt I felt leaving my kids in a world of pain was to kick that I needed to pull trough.

I have a GP appointment on Monday and am currently looking at counselling.

My go to was BJJ but I got injured last Jan and couldnt train for the year. This led to more drinking and a very quick spiral

Im hoping to go back this year and at least get another stripe on my blue belt

Ive not told anyone about this and even writing this down is helpful

Thanks
    Talk to a friend, think of something that brings a good memory to mind.

Go to a concert, live music

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Launcelot For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (06-01-23), bmw528 (06-01-23), kerrytipp (06-01-23)

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lickaholic View Post
    Drink! Feck! Girls!
    Did you write the script to father Ted?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Launcelot For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (06-01-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by UnFulfilledScott View Post
    Absolutely man.
    You get sucked in deep with the rhythm and you get lost in the shifting forms but there's something primordial and visceral that still guides you.
    Like Jaques in The Big Blue.
    It's hard to come back from all that to all this.

Ooh ... sounds like you're also a gearhead.
    Have you tried any of those Gretsch resonators?
    Alligator looks very nice.
    No I haven't tried one bro, but they look nice. My go to acoustic was always Takamine, I have a 30 year old, EN20C, 90s electric acoustic and a handmade Yamaha. I used to have a seagull, I really regret selling it. I was looking at Gretsch Duo Jets online. The ones without the Bigsby come with Brod Tron pickups, these are their version of a humbucker. They are also selling a lot of guitars with P90s.
    I always fancied building a cigar box guitar.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Joelegs For This Useful Post:

UnFulfilledScott (09-01-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Launcelot View Post
    We all have challenging and difficult days.

What kind of thing knocks you off your stride or upsets you?

It could be a difficult customer, a bad interaction with your boss, employee, partner, stranger or bad news, an unexpected bill or something else that throws you off your stride or stress you.

Do you go to a SP to forget or to celebrate or because you have the urge…?

How do you get back your spirits and energy and how long does it take you?

Do you meditate, go to the gym, bar, meal, visit a SP, meet/speak to a friend, get a massage, watch a film.

Does stress or a bad day ruin your mojo?

Do you look for a distraction or “think about and resolve the problem”

Is there anything you do that’s different from the “usual” things
    Run...I run every single day, 5 -10 k. It varies.
    Not coz i've had a bad day or any other crap its just a good reset button and clears the head.
    No two way's about it, I am the best looking punter in Ireland.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 176x For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (06-01-23), Stephanie (06-01-23)

Reviews

It can be a very depressing time of year, the dark days the anti climax of Xmas, but spring 🌼 will be here before you know, sometimes it can be hard not to dwell on your troubles.
    There's a lot of good heart felt advice here, exercise, a walk, music, I think the trick sometimes is putting something between you and what is making you feel down, time is a great healer, dark days do turn into light.
    In a few weeks or months looking back
    You will probably wonder why or what made you feel so unhappy because that unhappiness will have eased.
    Storms pass even if it doesn't feel that way sometimes.
    ✨ 🌞. ✨
    Last edited by AmorInfinito8; 06-01-23 at 16:41.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AmorInfinito8 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (06-01-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmorInfinito8 View Post
    It can be a very depressing time of year, the dark days the anti climax of Xmas, but spring 🌼 will be here before you know, sometimes it can be hard not to dwell on your troubles.
    There's a lot of good heart felt advice here, exercise, a walk, music, I think the trick sometimes is putting something between you and what is making you feel down, time is a great healer, dark days do turn into light.
    In a few weeks or months looking back
    You will probably wonder why or what made you feel so unhappy because that unhappiness will have eased.
    Storms pass even if it doesn't feel that way sometimes.
    ✨ 🌞. ✨
    Just imagine you were actually sick or had some genuine reason to be depressed for a few minutes and then just be grateful you’re ok, that’s the trick, be grateful for all you have, there’s plenty who’d swap their life for ours.
    Nearly got hit by a car today, nothing like a brush with mortality to make you see the positives all around you.
    Last edited by TommyH123; 06-01-23 at 17:44.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (07-01-23), bmw528 (06-01-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Launcelot View Post
    Talk to a friend, think of something that brings a good memory to mind.

Go to a concert, live music
    Talking to people on the forum can be good. Sometimes it can be hard to talk to loved ones or people that you are close to about your problems.I dont think that anyone can ever escape feelings of depression or worry over the everyday problems that life can throw at us. Things that help me are spending time with my dogs, and cats which I do all the time as they have this great gift of knowing when you are upset or down. That saying, tomorrow is another day use to not mean anything to me, however as I get older it means alot to me. And as Tommy said, count your blessings as there s always somebody worse off than us. Just my thoughts.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bmw528 For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (07-01-23), Rockerman (06-01-23), Stephanie (07-01-23)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast