Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What do you do to “pick yourself up” cheer up

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bmw528 View Post
    Talking to people on the forum can be good. Sometimes it can be hard to talk to loved ones or people that you are close to about your problems.I dont think that anyone can ever escape feelings of depression or worry over the everyday problems that life can throw at us. Things that help me are spending time with my dogs, and cats which I do all the time as they have this great gift of knowing when you are upset or down. That saying, tomorrow is another day use to not mean anything to me, however as I get older it means alot to me. And as Tommy said, count your blessings as there s always somebody worse off than us. Just my thoughts.
    Wise words from a wise man .

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (07-01-23), bmw528 (06-01-23), Noregrets (07-01-23)

Reviews

I don't talk to loved ones about stuff in my head. A couple of mates I'd share with over a few beers.

I find a lot of solace in music. I have different moods.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (07-01-23), bmw528 (06-01-23), Rooney2808 (10-01-23), Toolbox (06-01-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post
    I don't talk to loved ones about stuff in my head. A couple of mates I'd share with over a few beers.

Yes, music can be great and it can change your mood as you say. Certain songs can bring you back to different times in your life.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bmw528 For This Useful Post:

Rockerman (06-01-23), Toolbox (06-01-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post

I am a very private person I think most male's are but I would be on the extreme side believe it or not! I might wear my heart on my sleeve on here, that's the real me, but that's because this is anonymous, but I don't tend to tell someone anything in life, I've never discussed my Sex life with other people ever! because to me it would feel disrespectful to my partner nevermind anything else personal, Yea I talk to people about current affairs the news things going on in work but never anything real, so for me this Forum isn't just about Sex or the girls it's an Anonymous why to be the real me, even if that means letting people make a judgement which to be honest no one has ever been to harsh, talking or expressing myself out loud can be very therapeutic

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AmorInfinito8 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (07-01-23)

Quote Originally Posted by kerrytipp View Post
    This is very relevant to me currently as I am in a bad bad place ATM.

I thought about the afterlife 3 times over Christmas and had to back down as the guilt I felt leaving my kids in a world of pain was to kick that I needed to pull trough.

I have a GP appointment on Monday and am currently looking at counselling.

My go to was BJJ but I got injured last Jan and couldnt train for the year. This led to more drinking and a very quick spiral

Im hoping to go back this year and at least get another stripe on my blue belt

Ive not told anyone about this and even writing this down is helpful

Thanks

I've been there . I found journaling , basically just buying a diary and writing down how I felt each day was a huge help for me. It will get better and thats what I used to tell myself keep going one more day and you'll get there to a place where your happy. I still have to check in with myself every so often. I don't journal as much nowadays but if i'm starting to feel anything coming back i'll check am I exercing , am i meditating , am i dropping screen time, am i getting fresh air , have I some purpose. I need to be doing something so i learn and play guitar and continously learn multiple languages.

I was a workaholic in my 20's working non stop I had a goal to achieve to retire by 30. I would run everyday 10 miles and life was good , at 30 i quit work , cleared my mortgage and was set up for life, within the space of 3 months my life fell apart , it started with a running injury that put me out of running for a year. Spiralled into boredom (drinking , gambling , eating , weight gain ) no motivation no purpose in life . Not been able to run felt like life wasnt worth living , just horrible place to be in for years . I hung on in and im glad i did . Big change was getting a job , I got a part time job and started going to the gym I still cant run but lifting weights helped so much. I tend to spiral back into ocd I would lift everyday then twice a day , I constantly have to deal with that , im doing ok now I've learned to do things in moderation.

We all suffer , I ty to keep having goals. Gym goals - lift x weight by this year , language goals - complete this course , musical goals - learn this guitar solo etc . Life gets better just gotta beleive that the good times don't last forever either do the bad times. And for me we need discomfort to appreciate good things. At 30 I had everything but life was horrible.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thekid221 For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (07-01-23), bmw528 (08-01-23), Rooney2808 (10-01-23)

Quote Originally Posted by Joelegs View Post
    No I haven't tried one bro, but they look nice. My go to acoustic was always Takamine, I have a 30 year old, EN20C, 90s electric acoustic and a handmade Yamaha. I used to have a seagull, I really regret selling it. I was looking at Gretsch Duo Jets online. The ones without the Bigsby come with Brod Tron pickups, these are their version of a humbucker. They are also selling a lot of guitars with P90s.
    I always fancied building a cigar box guitar.
    The Tak EN20C was a majestic sounding instrument. Never could get use to the unforgiving hips on that type of body but the sound was glorious.
    I'm more of a super folk or parlour shape player when it comes to acoustics, just something about the way the notes pop from a smaller form when you're rooting out the individual notes with skin and nail.
    Yamaha ... I've an NTX1200r that you'd have to pry out of my cold dead Hestons.
    Never had a Seagull but have always wanted one.

I like your style.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234