Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
Well dont blame the Eu for that,the supermarkets are the cause of that because they are bringing

To the best of my knowledge we have being importing more potatoes than we produce for years.

Brazilian beef for about 70% of the price because they have vast tracts of land with cattle
running over it,very low labour costs and absoloutely no tracebility, hormones and antibiotics
widely used so if thats the stuff u want to eat be my guest.

Well i am of the believe that alot of farmers here are injecting hormones into animals to beef them up and therefore make more money.I see bullocks now the size of bulls.Way bigger than they were years ago.I see pigs that are enourmous.the cows are way fatter.The animals are just plain blown up like balloons.

I was walking my dog a few weeks back and went into a field and there was something standing staring at me.I had no idea if it was a bullock or a bull.It was that big.Huge.I later saw the same animal back with the rest of the herd.A bullock.It was enourmous and this is what they are lloking like these days.Way heavier than before.

Westside.
Now westie i will try answer ure comments one by one
1 There is a rigorous testing policy in meat factories for hormones and antibiotics and also
when carcasses are hanging its quite easy to a trained eye to detect any that are after being
treated, therir is a minute detrection rate ,bottom line penalties are too severe if caught u
could for sure say it would put u out of buisness.Every carcass of every animal in this country
is examined by a vet aswell as having a vet view every animal before slaughter
2The size of cattle this is down to the old chestnut of genetics /breeding we have with 15 years or so started to use continental breed bulls on our suclker herd which deliver an animal and carcass
weight which would be approx a third greater than before.Also with the last 3 or 4 years bull beef
has become popular as the animal will thrive better as a full bull(not castrated/bullock) so my
advice westie dont go in the field if ure not sure as u may not get out aliveits quite
common now to have maybe batches of 30 bulls in a field(Its much riskier for farmer handling theese etc but has become an economic necessity for many as margins are very tight)
3 Cows aswell have got much larger as nowdays milch cows are mainly Holstein friesian now
rather than British friesian before which are much smaller again the reasons are simple
economics more energy in (bigger animal greater feed intake) more energy out(more milk)
same applies to the beef cattle the more they can eat the bigger they get
4Diet is also vastly different nutritionists are used to formulate diets now depending on
what the needs of the animal are or the purpose its being used for ie fattening high energy/
milk production high protein