Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ian Bailey

Reviews

It's being reported now several times, DNA evidence was a non runner as his DNA was apparently all over the scene as he bypassed the cordon hours prior to turning up with other journalists. No DNA of his on the block though. The AGS file details this and the question remains how did he know about the tragedy prior to the phonecall he received. The claims of him selling pictures of the scene and telling folk about it would make sense then. There's likely enough in the file to have had him charged. The DPP, don't forget reckoned there was enough evidence to charge Gerry Hutch with murder yet in court it turned out there was absolutely none.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyIrish View Post
    Respectfully? No I don’t think this is the case as Gardaí have an obligation to secure all evidence in an investigation so they should have all evidence gathered by now - well that is all evidence that they are aware of so Perhaps new information came to light after his death, or as another poster has said maybe it was to collect DNA samples? Although I think that they could have gotten a warrant to obtain this while he was still alive?

I honestly don’t have an informed opinion on this, There are people convinced of this man’s guilt but equally there also seems to be people convinced of his innocence, it’s a strange one.
    It’s cold case stuff. Likely that Bailey is still a suspect in the cold case, and upon death of a suspect it’s generally procedure that any evidential items are taken under warrant as they may get inadvertently disposed/destroyed by next of kin

3. Default

He done it, no smoke without fire.
    Maybe their was no physical evidence but u dont get accused of been involved in somethin like that . He seen her the nite before and he also had scratches on him. Not an innocent man imo

4. Default

He done that on purpose to give an excuse for why hes DNA was there, used hes excuse of been a reporter for why hes footprints and all were their

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JasonAKAJay1977 For This Useful Post:

SecretaryLover (31-01-24)

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Clubcard View Post
    What a nut job.

Anyone watch the interview on tv3 last night.
    Hes a wierdo alrite, u think he done it?

Reviews

Sophies son was on the Late Late. Your heart would go out to him. They showed a lovely pic of him and his kids, he called his little girl Sophie after his mam. I didn't realise he still owns the house where she was murdered and they holiday there regularly.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Airbusdriver For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (03-02-24)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Airbusdriver View Post
    Sophies son was on the Late Late. Your heart would go out to him. They showed a lovely pic of him and his kids, he called his little girl Sophie after his mam. I didn't realise he still owns the house where she was murdered and they holiday there regularly.
    He came across as a really nice guy .
    He spoke really well.
    I haven’t spoken on this thread before, I could never understand why we did not extradite Bailey to France .
    Young Sophie has a striking resemblance to her grandmother.
    It’s great that he kept the cottage, and stays in Skull occasionally.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567