Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by UnFulfilledScott View Post
    20 years would be a good start.
    When the US invaded and tore apart Afghanistan.
    Oy .

Let’s start back in 1993 when they First tried to blow up the World Trade Center !

Or that Afghanistan had sheltered all them training camps for - how many years ?

Let’s just mention 9 / 11 while we are at it , ney ?
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by UnFulfilledScott View Post
    20 years would be a good start.
    When the US invaded and tore apart Afghanistan.
    Can whoever gave me the negative rep for this comment send me a PM to explain why they were so offended?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to UnFulfilledScott For This Useful Post:

IDF2 (04-04-22)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Please tell me about that ?

I do not know .
    This is lifted straight from Wikipedia :

According to lexicographer Ben Zimmer,[8] the term originated in the United Kingdom and Ireland in the 1970s. Zimmer cites a 1974 letter by history teacher Sean O'Conaill which was published in The Irish Times where he complained about "the Whatabouts," people who defended the IRA by pointing out supposed wrongdoings of their enemy:

I would not suggest such a thing were it not for the Whatabouts. These are the people who answer every condemnation of the Provisional I.R.A. with an argument to prove the greater immorality of the “enemy”, and therefore the justice of the Provisionals’ cause: “What about Bloody Sunday, internment, torture, force-feeding, army intimidation?”. Every call to stop is answered in the same way: “What about the Treaty of Limerick; the Anglo-Irish treaty of 1921; Lenadoon?”. Neither is the Church immune: “The Catholic Church has never supported the national cause. What about Papal sanction for the Norman invasion; condemnation of the Fenians by Moriarty; Parnell?”

— Sean O'Conaill, "Letter to Editor", The Irish Times, 30 Jan 1974
    I'd suggest reading the Wiki page because it does a fair job of explaining it but the jist is that whataboutism is a form of thought-terminating cliché.
    The problem is it's very hard to decide which way the though terminates because it's a stand-off argument by nature.

Oy .

Let’s start back in 1993 when they First tried to blow up the World Trade Center !

Or that Afghanistan had sheltered all them training camps for - how many years ?

If you want to focus on where the training camps were then we should be focused on Pakistan.
    Afghanistan was where they went after their training.

Reviews

https://www.globalpolicyjournal.com/...ted-much-world

"The debacle in Afghanistan has shown beyond any doubt the failure of U.S. strategy in the war on terror and of the regime-change operations. However, there is something more disturbing than these facts, which is that, after each intervention, the United States leaves behind “black holes” and even betrays those that fought on its side against terrorism"
    Last edited by Bukar; 15-09-22 at 16:31.
    “The aim is to balance the terror of being alive with the wonder of being alive.”
    ― Carlos Castaneda

Reviews

The US again, started a war and killed thousands of innocent people and when they got what they wanted they give the country back to the enemy they were fighting and left them 20billion worth of weapons and the innocent people to fend for themselves..
    Why are US soldiers so damn stupid though, I would not fight corrupt and unjust wars to satisfy these corrupt and war Hungry elites

Special forces blocked UK resettlement applications from elite Afghan troops

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68332923

Reviews

Oy .

So your argument for a full blown invasion is the terrorists who planned the attack and attacked your country were in Afghanistan?.
    Genuine question for you the IRA attack mainland Britain killing innocent British civilians. The attack was planned from Ireland and the people who carried out the came back to Ireland. Would you Stephanie have supported a full on British invasion of Ireland in order to eliminate the terrorists who carried out the attack?.
    Surly if its ok to invade Afghanistan for them harbouring terrorists it only fair to invade Ireland for committing the same crime?.

Special forces blocked UK resettlement applications from elite Afghan troops

Reviews

[QUOTE=Stephanie;4215863] Special forces blocked UK resettlement applications from elite Afghan troops

[/QUOTE

You know who else didn't let them in the US. So why only post a link about the British?.
    Please also have the courage to reply to the question I asked in my previous comment.
    Simple fact is your countries invasion then is no better that what they Taliban is doing now. Wonder how many Afghani people are still being held and tortured in the US base in Guantanamo bay?.
    Care to guess a number? What's the difference in the Taliban torturing people or successive US governments torturing people?

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast