Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Afghanistan

( I can’t believe I’m saying this ) :

NATO / US came out / left Too Soon !

Witness Ukraine : it takes Two generations for any society to

‘Mature’ into Understanding and Appreciating : Democracy .

You cannot just bulldoze ( like we like to do ) your way into a Thousands Year Culture

and EXPECT them All to change - ‘cause you say so , ‘cause you say it’s a ‘better way’ ::

:: better - for Whom !?

Certainly not for the Patriarchal Society where men rule and kill their fellow men as much

as their own women . Where 12 year olds are married off to a 73 yo ( ugly words here ) !!

Certainly They won’t think it’s a ‘better life’ !! And They hold the power !

You Cannot ‘Force’ democracy on a Naive society ! / oh I could tell tales - of ‘voting’ !!

But staying the Two generations : allows the downtrodden to breathe freely - and Most

would want Freedom ! - , allows to eradicate ( as much as possible ) the rouge elements ,

And Most importantly allows for a new generation to grow up in Freedom , have their own

Children — and raise Them with this ( now not so new and strange ) idea of Personal Freedom !

: and by then the old mullahs , the old beards will have died out / the remaining marauding

sparse remains of the ‘old rule’ will scutter off ..

:: you Cannot change a Culture in 20 years’ of War !

What you Can do is go in w military to Secure , then Educate in peace : spend your 20 years and Educate ::

And in the end : ( aside from the unspeakable horrors of the women ) ..

Consumerism — is it better ? // totally rhetorical Q : Obviously iPad over women stoned !

Any and Every day !

// or just deck it , bomb a couple rural training camps like Clinton did in 1993 when they

First Tried to blow up the NY Trade Center , and call it a day :: what became of That !?

Was fluxing dressing rehearsal for Bin Laden .

There are No ‘quick’ solutions = ‘quick’ : I mean less than generations x

We left Afghanistan ten years too early : or we should’ve left once we bombed Tora Bora ,

or when finally OBL was killed . This is half-ar*ed , incompetent , ball-less horrors we left behind

and in Long run have gained what ?

A whole new generation of locals who Rightly resent what we have Done ( by abandoning them )

: Who needs ‘bad guys’ recruiters when We give them All the reason to Resent !?
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailormade View Post
    Imagine. Now what does the west do. Do nought and we are wrong, go in and we are wrong! They, the Taliban are horrible. Hang on, North Korea is horrible, Iran ( I mean their governments by the way, their peoples are just normal folk) Saudi is horrible. China I think is on a half decent road.
    China is devouring Africa and Southeast Asia — all the while we are not looking .

I bear witness . I have seen it with my own eyes ! Insidious ; they’re like Locusts :

: Nothing but destruction left in their wake - no guns needed : take advantage of the

simple rural population and the corruption at the top .

Nothing left behind them but a stripped land that can never be restored , and starving people :

who prior to Chinese ‘incentives’ were eking out a living for their family with two buffaloes .

Now they starve .

And clearcut some More mountainside jungle . : they end up with Nothing : Chinese take it All .

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    China is devouring Africa and Southeast Asia — all the while we are not looking .

I bear witness . I have seen it with my own eyes ! Insidious ; they’re like Locusts :

: Nothing but destruction left in their wake - no guns needed : take advantage of the

simple rural population and the corruption at the top .

Nothing left behind them but a stripped land that can never be restored , and starving people :

who prior to Chinese ‘incentives’ were eking out a living for their family with two buffaloes .

Now they starve .

And clearcut some More mountainside jungle . : they end up with Nothing : Chinese take it All .
    Exploiting / stealing poor countries resources, sure western democracies would never do that!?
    Exploiting their population, nah cant be, west is too civilised.
    “The aim is to balance the terror of being alive with the wonder of being alive.”
    ― Carlos Castaneda

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bukar For This Useful Post:

UnFulfilledScott (01-04-22)

Reviews

Since now all of a sudden it is OK to speak about politics in sposrts while previously you would be fined or banned even for wearing a T-shirt with some non suitable message, they also speak out about hypocrisy
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/90196139.cms

https://www.marca.com/en/football/sp...4558b462d.html
    “The aim is to balance the terror of being alive with the wonder of being alive.”
    ― Carlos Castaneda

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bukar For This Useful Post:

joggon (27-03-22), UnFulfilledScott (01-04-22)

This is like something out of a monty python sketch.
    https://thehill.com/policy/internati...dress-code-for

Quote Originally Posted by Bukar View Post
    Exploiting / stealing poor countries resources, sure western democracies would never do that!?
    Exploiting their population, nah cant be, west is too civilised.
    How about a bit more ‘What-aboutism’ , hey ?

: how far you wanna go Back ??

Let’s have a Discussion on it so , hey ?

How far so ?? >>

100 years ?

800 years ??

Further ?

: Just Say .

How far so ?? >>

100 years ?

800 years ??

Further ?

20 years would be a good start.
    When the US invaded and tore apart Afghanistan.

How far so ?? >>

100 years ?

800 years ??

Further ?

Also, that 'whataboutism' weapon that neolibs like to use against Russia ... that term comes from the IRA-Brits conflict.

Reviews

( I can’t believe I’m saying this ) :

NATO / US came out / left Too Soon !

Witness Ukraine : it takes Two generations for any society to

‘Mature’ into Understanding and Appreciating : Democracy .

You cannot just bulldoze ( like we like to do ) your way into a Thousands Year Culture

and EXPECT them All to change - ‘cause you say so , ‘cause you say it’s a ‘better way’ ::

:: better - for Whom !?

Certainly not for the Patriarchal Society where men rule and kill their fellow men as much

as their own women . Where 12 year olds are married off to a 73 yo ( ugly words here ) !!

Certainly They won’t think it’s a ‘better life’ !! And They hold the power !

You Cannot ‘Force’ democracy on a Naive society ! / oh I could tell tales - of ‘voting’ !!

But staying the Two generations : allows the downtrodden to breathe freely - and Most

would want Freedom ! - , allows to eradicate ( as much as possible ) the rouge elements ,

And Most importantly allows for a new generation to grow up in Freedom , have their own

Children — and raise Them with this ( now not so new and strange ) idea of Personal Freedom !

: and by then the old mullahs , the old beards will have died out / the remaining marauding

sparse remains of the ‘old rule’ will scutter off ..

:: you Cannot change a Culture in 20 years’ of War !

What you Can do is go in w military to Secure , then Educate in peace : spend your 20 years and Educate ::

And in the end : ( aside from the unspeakable horrors of the women ) ..

Consumerism — is it better ? // totally rhetorical Q : Obviously iPad over women stoned !

Any and Every day !

// or just deck it , bomb a couple rural training camps like Clinton did in 1993 when they

First Tried to blow up the NY Trade Center , and call it a day :: what became of That !?

Was fluxing dressing rehearsal for Bin Laden .

There are No ‘quick’ solutions = ‘quick’ : I mean less than generations x

We left Afghanistan ten years too early : or we should’ve left once we bombed Tora Bora ,

or when finally OBL was killed . This is half-ar*ed , incompetent , ball-less horrors we left behind

and in Long run have gained what ?

A whole new generation of locals who Rightly resent what we have Done ( by abandoning them )

: Who needs ‘bad guys’ recruiters when We give them All the reason to Resent !?
    Wow. Only took you 8 months to understand my post.

Congrats on getting there in the end.
    Last edited by gonzo76; 02-04-22 at 06:40.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

IDF2 (04-04-22)

Quote Originally Posted by UnFulfilledScott View Post
    Also, that 'whataboutism' weapon that neolibs like to use against Russia ... that term comes from the IRA-Brits conflict.
    Please tell me about that ?

I do not know .

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast