Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's getting the vaccine?

Default ..and some good news ..

Trialing of Regen-Cov ‘immediate protection’ treatment for Covid :

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...ions-12200072?

...and I Hope ...
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (31-01-21)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    That's pretty much where I stand on it.

Westside.
    This is kind of where I stand too. I'm am very pro vaccines don't get me wrong, they have saved lives and are so important in human development .

However, I have a few concerns. The clinical trials have not extended post 6/7 month mark, meaning that the data they have is only based on 6/7 months of vaccine and patient observation. They also cannot for indefinite provide an answer as to how long the immunity lasts for which is also worrying 🤔 . Anything outside of the 6/7 month territory is unknown , simply because it couldn't not be captured which is also quite worrying (well for me anyway) 🤷*♂️ .

Vaccine trials usually go on for a number of years so that sufficient data can be gathered on those vaccinated. In this scenario and due to the global crisis, this had to be accelerated which in the current condition is understandable but its still lacking that data, nobody knows what could potentially occur 1/2/3 years post vaccination.

Could one potentially develop issues? Could one be totally fine? We don't know and cannot say for definite. Its a very unique situation and there is no right or wrong answer, everyone has an opinion and both sides are quite valid and understandable.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theirishpunter For This Useful Post:

JMastodon (07-02-21), TonyB (02-02-21)

this virus is going to be around for a long time so the vaccine is most welcome

Absolutely, for me it's a no brainer.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Im not getting it unless Im forced to, I don't trust them 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryJohn19 View Post
    are you not afraid of side effects down the road?
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Surely the whole idea of any vaccine is to stop you getting the virus/disease.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    At the moment no I won't be taking a relatively untested vaccine.
    I have decided to address some concerns about the Pfizer vaccine as I think it might have a positive impact, even if small.

Quote Originally Posted by theirishpunter View Post
    Could one potentially develop issues? Could one be totally fine? We don't know and cannot say for definite. Its a very unique situation and there is no right or wrong answer, everyone has an opinion and both sides are quite valid and understandable.
    This is not accurate, in fact a lot of the vaccines coming out have been through far more rigorous testing than vaccines in the past due to the massive funding and available test participants.

The Pfizer vaccine has been tested through randomized, double blind, placebo controlled trials of 100,000+ participants. Typically what takes most vaccines take so long to get approved is the difficulty in getting funding and a large amount of test participants. Not to see what effects the vaccine might have over time, in say two years or anything like that.

There is virtually no risk long term for this type of vaccine as biologically the vaccine will take effect within around four weeks of the second dose. It's an impossibility to start getting "adverse" effects from a vaccine two years after receiving it. It's not a seed they inject into your cells or a parasite... The basic biology of how this particular vaccine works is you receive it, you receive the second dose and its effects will typically happen within four weeks, if you were to get adverse effects from it then they will happen in these four weeks.

--

There are still several areas where they are still awaiting more data. Testing on a wider and more varied populace and the results from that are one part of the data they are waiting on.

Vaccines CAN have different effects based on current health, age, ethnicity, gender etc. If you were to be sceptical this is the point you should be most sceptical about, but again these vaccines have been tested on far more participants than other vaccines in the past as a result of massive funding. So it's not something I would worry about unless you have a rare illness or are extremely extremely unlucky. This is why the EMA & FDA has granted an Emergency Use Authorization rather than outright approval, pending several more months of data.

The Pfizer vaccine has been shown to be extremely effective for prevention of symptomatic disease, which is different than infection. So even after receiving it, while you will be safe from personal harm from the virus they are still not sure in all scenarios whether you can still get the virus after receiving the vaccine or spread the virus it after you take it. So this is another key thing that they are working on finding out through further testing and data. But again, this has nothing to do with possible side effects or anything like that.

--

I can also understand many people’s questions and hesitation around this vaccine, especially if the scientific and biomedical jargon are difficult to sort through. As someone familiar with this industry, and after reviewing the evidence so far, I am comfortable receiving it.

"Are you concerned that it has been rushed? This should have taken 15 years!" - If one lab had been working on this, scraping by with minimal funding or resources, then yeah - it could have taken 15 years. But when the entire world's brain power and nearly unlimited resources are poured into a problem we can answer questions much more quickly.

The viral genome had already been sequenced, and mRNA produced for initial testing as of last February/March 2020. Clinical trials of well over 100,000 people for something like this is unheard of, and this size gives us greater statistical power and confidence in the findings so far.

--

I'm not here to force it on anyone, but I would encourage you to look at what the experts who have dedicated their entire careers to this subject are saying about it. I view this as easily one of the most remarkable achievements in human history and it is a shame there are so many misconceptions, and (somewhat frustrating) misinformation flying around about it.

Take care all.
    Last edited by FullIrish; 01-02-21 at 14:10.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FullIrish For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (01-02-21), beautyaddict (01-02-21), gonzo76 (01-02-21), Pan808 (01-02-21), Stephanie (01-02-21)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Already got it due to work, have my second appointment booked for the second dose. The only side effect is that I am now a wifi hotspot.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by theirishpunter View Post
    This is kind of where I stand too. I'm am very pro vaccines don't get me wrong, they have saved lives and are so important in human development .

However, I have a few concerns. The clinical trials have not extended post 6/7 month mark, meaning that the data they have is only based on 6/7 months of vaccine and patient observation. They also cannot for indefinite provide an answer as to how long the immunity lasts for which is also worrying �� . Anything outside of the 6/7 month territory is unknown , simply because it couldn't not be captured which is also quite worrying (well for me anyway) ��*♂️ .

Vaccine trials usually go on for a number of years so that sufficient data can be gathered on those vaccinated. In this scenario and due to the global crisis, this had to be accelerated which in the current condition is understandable but its still lacking that data, nobody knows what could potentially occur 1/2/3 years post vaccination.

The Pfizer vaccine has its roots in the past 20 years being used to combat ebola virus outbreaks, the covid19 vaccine is a variant of it

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (01-02-21), FullIrish (01-02-21), Stephanie (01-02-21)

Reviews

I have remained 100% in EI 'dry-dock' until vaccinated (whether I return or not !).... and I have to say .. I do worry about those lovely girls who are taking risks everyday in their line of work, with multiple clients ... some of who must be carrying risk ! Anyway .... toooooo risky for me until jabs done !!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FullIrish View Post
    I have decided to address some concerns about the Pfizer vaccine as I think it might have a positive impact, even if small.

This is not accurate, in fact a lot of the vaccines coming out have been through far more rigorous testing than vaccines in the past due to the massive funding and available test participants.

The Pfizer vaccine has been tested through randomized, double blind, placebo controlled trials of 100,000+ participants. Typically what takes most vaccines take so long to get approved is the difficulty in getting funding and a large amount of test participants. Not to see what effects the vaccine might have over time, in say two years or anything like that.

There is virtually no risk long term for this type of vaccine as biologically the vaccine will take effect within around four weeks of the second dose. It's an impossibility to start getting "adverse" effects from a vaccine two years after receiving it. It's not a seed they inject into your cells or a parasite... The basic biology of how this particular vaccine works is you receive it, you receive the second dose and its effects will typically happen within four weeks, if you were to get adverse effects from it then they will happen in these four weeks.

--

There are still several areas where they are still awaiting more data. Testing on a wider and more varied populace and the results from that are one part of the data they are waiting on.

Vaccines CAN have different effects based on current health, age, ethnicity, gender etc. If you were to be sceptical this is the point you should be most sceptical about, but again these vaccines have been tested on far more participants than other vaccines in the past as a result of massive funding. So it's not something I would worry about unless you have a rare illness or are extremely extremely unlucky. This is why the EMA & FDA has granted an Emergency Use Authorization rather than outright approval, pending several more months of data.

The Pfizer vaccine has been shown to be extremely effective for prevention of symptomatic disease, which is different than infection. So even after receiving it, while you will be safe from personal harm from the virus they are still not sure in all scenarios whether you can still get the virus after receiving the vaccine or spread the virus it after you take it. So this is another key thing that they are working on finding out through further testing and data. But again, this has nothing to do with possible side effects or anything like that.

--

I can also understand many people’s questions and hesitation around this vaccine, especially if the scientific and biomedical jargon are difficult to sort through. As someone familiar with this industry, and after reviewing the evidence so far, I am comfortable receiving it.

"Are you concerned that it has been rushed? This should have taken 15 years!" - If one lab had been working on this, scraping by with minimal funding or resources, then yeah - it could have taken 15 years. But when the entire world's brain power and nearly unlimited resources are poured into a problem we can answer questions much more quickly.

The viral genome had already been sequenced, and mRNA produced for initial testing as of last February/March 2020. Clinical trials of well over 100,000 people for something like this is unheard of, and this size gives us greater statistical power and confidence in the findings so far.

--

I'm not here to force it on anyone, but I would encourage you to look at what the experts who have dedicated their entire careers to this subject are saying about it. I view this as easily one of the most remarkable achievements in human history and it is a shame there are so many misconceptions, and (somewhat frustrating) misinformation flying around about it.

Take care all.
    Fabulous information, I wonder how many will read it.

The acceleration of this vaccine was largely on the administrative side, not on the testing, which is what people don't seem to get.

But I suppose if you don't work in the industry, this might not be so apparent.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

FullIrish (02-02-21)

Im wondering when some read it do they comprehend what is being said.Im waiting for the day that someone jumps off a roof and breaks their neck then think that they have a legal argument to take red bull to court for false advertising.
    Civility costs you nothing.

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast