Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Boards & Moderation of Same

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default The Boards & Moderation of Same

Moderators and what that en-tails,jeezeee a tough gig as I well know.

Loved doing when I was a mod and the boards were alive, but for that to remain you need to replace same with same.
    An Irish site needs locals who get the wit of its members and can defuse a situation with Irish charm ,failing that well the ban hammer, plus punting gave a better insight to it all.

But a moderators life is short, hence why the new crew need time to bed in.Not many ladies interacting on boards which is a shame, but the trolls were left for too long before been shown the door.

I wish the new crew the best as it’s a thankless job ,I’ve said enough, just my humble opinion .:doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dr love For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (26-01-21), beautyaddict (26-01-21), funboy71 (26-01-21), hitman76 (26-01-21), ladiesman217 (26-01-21), Marcus69 (28-01-21), robbie9 (26-01-21), Stephanie (27-01-21), SteveB (26-01-21), thehighwayman (28-01-21), TheSavannah (26-01-21), willie wacker (27-01-21), Wolverine (29-01-21)

Reviews

deleting problematic posts instead of whole threads would be
    a good start
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 9/11 moon landings were an outside job

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Forceuser For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (26-01-21), bigmango (26-01-21), dr love (25-01-21), funboy71 (26-01-21), gonzo76 (26-01-21), Stephanie (27-01-21), TheSavannah (26-01-21)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Forceuser View Post
    deleting problematic posts instead of whole threads would be
    a good start
    Agreed .:doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr love For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (26-01-21), Forceuser (25-01-21), Stephanie (27-01-21)

Reviews

Giving LDM the banhammer for 24 hours would do the world of good.

.: LDM

#MissYouFluffy

#HelloDoc
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (26-01-21), dr love (26-01-21), Stephanie (27-01-21), Wolverine (29-01-21)

Reviews

Could not agree more here , it got brutal here for a number of years with advertisers being targeted in a disgraceful way . It has been stated here many times that between 2017 and 2019 we lost many good posters here both advertisers and members

Now getting at the trolls is difficult because the site is heavily moderated but we still have those here who target advertisers

GDPR and VPN are part of it but it could and should have managed better

The New Mod team will err on side of caution to start with so give them some room to find their feet

The site is 5% of what it used to be these days .
    Clubcard stop now
    "Those who keep the ability to see beauty, never grow old"- Frank Kafka

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

dr love (26-01-21), FullIrish (26-01-21), Stephanie (27-01-21), TheSavannah (26-01-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dr love View Post
    Moderators and what that en-tails,jeezeee a tough gig as I well know.

Loved doing when I was a mod and the boards were alive, but for that to remain you need to replace same with same.
    An Irish site needs locals who get the wit of its members and can defuse a situation with Irish charm ,failing that well the ban hammer, plus punting gave a better insight to it all.

But a moderators life is short, hence why the new crew need time to bed in.Not many ladies interacting on boards which is a shame, but the trolls were left for too long before been shown the door.

I wish the new crew the best as it’s a thankless job ,I’ve said enough, just my humble opinion .:doc
    ''an Irish site needs locals who get the wit of it's members'' .... well said and I've made that point many times before.... you need to be Irish to get the 'craic' ... I mentioned in a previous post that the word 'Ireland' should be dropped from the title ... because Irish 'craic and banter' is not allowed or more to the point it is not recognised.... another solution is that all Mods should be Irish ... that might help them get the 'craic' .... less Pokers and PC .... so, to the non Irish members and Mods on this site ''leave us alone to slag each other off'' ..... watch Father Ted and Mrs Brown ... if you don't get the humour then stop posting here please '''''
    Last edited by CANALI; 26-01-21 at 09:32.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CANALI For This Useful Post:

dr love (26-01-21), TheSavannah (26-01-21)

Blog Entries

Thank you all for the advice, it is very helpful for the team and especially for me.
    I definitely don't have the Irish 'craic', but I have great masters here
    Feedback like this is always welcome
    It's hard to keep everyone happy but at least I always try to listen to everyone !

Have a nice day!

Savannah

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheSavannah For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (26-01-21), dr love (26-01-21), Forceuser (26-01-21), FullIrish (26-01-21), Stephanie (27-01-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TheSavannah View Post
    Thank you all for the advice, it is very helpful for the team and especially for me.
    I definitely don't have the Irish 'craic', but I have great masters here
    Feedback like this is always welcome
    It's hard to keep everyone happy but at least I always try to listen to everyone !

Have a nice day!

Savannah
    Cheers Savannagh ... maybe we need an 'Established Irish Members' page and we can take the 'piss' out of each other without the fear of bans or deletions .... so hands up all Irish on the site ... (26 counties please, our Northern friends are a dry bunch),,, ''craic craic !!!''
    Last edited by CANALI; 26-01-21 at 10:11.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CANALI For This Useful Post:

TheSavannah (26-01-21)

would I make a moderator I wonder,

hmmn not sure
    A dangerous weakness of mine- "an attraction for fast women and slow horses"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TheFalcon For This Useful Post:

dr love (26-01-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalcon View Post
    would I make a moderator I wonder,

hmmn not sure

Only Irish need apply ... do you qualify ... ha ha

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast