Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Boards & Moderation of Same

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CANALI View Post
    Cheers Savannagh ... maybe we need an 'Established Irish Members' page and we can take the 'piss' out of each other without the fear of bans or deletions .... so hands up all Irish on the site ... (26 counties please, our Northern friends are a dry bunch),,, ''craic craic !!!''
    Free State twat !
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beautyaddict View Post
    Could not agree more here , it got brutal here for a number of years with advertisers being targeted in a disgraceful way . It has been stated here many times that between 2017 and 2019 we lost many good posters here both advertisers and members

Now getting at the trolls is difficult because the site is heavily moderated but we still have those here who target advertisers

GDPR and VPN are part of it but it could and should have managed better

The New Mod team will err on side of caution to start with so give them some room to find their feet

The site is 5% of what it used to be these days .
    Guess what? The boards were at their most controversial between 2008 and 2010 approx and ppl stayed.

Westside.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

FullIrish (27-01-21)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dr love View Post
    Moderators and what that en-tails,jeezeee a tough gig as I well know.

Loved doing when I was a mod and the boards were alive, but for that to remain you need to replace same with same.
    An Irish site needs locals who get the wit of its members and can defuse a situation with Irish charm ,failing that well the ban hammer, plus punting gave a better insight to it all.

But a moderators life is short, hence why the new crew need time to bed in.Not many ladies interacting on boards which is a shame, but the trolls were left for too long before been shown the door.

I wish the new crew the best as it’s a thankless job ,I’ve said enough, just my humble opinion .:doc
    You guys have no idea of the abuse mods had to endure when mods as in forum member mods started. You get used to it though. I never gave a shit anyway.

Westside.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

dr love (26-01-21), FullIrish (27-01-21), thehighwayman (28-01-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Free State twat !
    Absolutely ... !!!

Reviews

Probably the most annoying thing here is the closing and deleting of whole threads. Something I found especially annoying was how floki would temporary close a thread and reopen it. You would have spent time writing a reply then get a notice that the thread you were replying to no longer exists. Half an hour the thread would be back again.
    Also Savanagh, don't feel that all posts here are aimed at you, you are still on your honeymoon as far as I'm concerned. I would however like to give some of the admins and the nightshift a good kick up the ass.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

dr love (27-01-21), TheSavannah (27-01-21)

Blog Entries

I know that many complain that we delete many threads or posts without giving any justification.
    You are right that we should sometimes communicate the reasons why we make certain decisions and now that we know it is a big problem, we will take it into account.

On the other hand, everyone should know how sensitive the content of this site is, therefore, we are inflexible with some behaviors or controversial threads because when you disrespect each other or attack a person, we are completely intolerant.
    I know that luckily most people are not like that

When we say in a thread that certain behavior has to stop, you should listen to us, then everything would be a lot easier for us.
    We will try to moderate differently and I would love it if everyone would cooperate with us on this.

Thank you all for the feedback you have given us, especially me. We are already working on it!

Savannah

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheSavannah For This Useful Post:

dr love (27-01-21), Mrbean76 (28-01-21), philipkntz (28-01-21)

Good to see you Doc x

/ coffee in 2023 💋
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

dr love (27-01-21)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSavannah View Post
    Thank you all for the advice, it is very helpful for the team and especially for me.
    I definitely don't have the Irish 'craic', but I have great masters here
    Feedback like this is always welcome
    It's hard to keep everyone happy but at least I always try to listen to everyone !

Have a nice day!

Savannah
    Hi Savannah xx

: the fact that you would even just think to Ask how you could Help !!

Such a groundswell difference to recent years’ attitudes !

And it is Greatly appreciated x

This supposed to be a Community , Mods and Members to Aid each other ,

in cooperation make this place pleasant and sexy and a Good Heart Place

to visit .

Good to have you on board ! X
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (27-01-21), beautyaddict (27-01-21), philipkntz (28-01-21), TheSavannah (27-01-21)

I've only recently joined but I got alot of experience with forums and boards.

Imo people should be able to have fun, discuss thi gs they can't really discuss between other people, kinds, fetishes, desires, unfortunately sex is still taboo these days.

Bottom line of every good community is respect between members, we should all be here to help and support each other, not to judge or humiliate someone.

Regards, Chris.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neverland21 For This Useful Post:

dr love (27-01-21), TheSavannah (27-01-21)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheSavannah View Post
    I know that many complain that we delete many threads or posts without giving any justification.
    You are right that we should sometimes communicate the reasons why we make certain decisions and now that we know it is a big problem, we will take it into account.

On the other hand, everyone should know how sensitive the content of this site is, therefore, we are inflexible with some behaviors or controversial threads because when you disrespect each other or attack a person, we are completely intolerant.
    I know that luckily most people are not like that

When we say in a thread that certain behavior has to stop, you should listen to us, then everything would be a lot easier for us.
    We will try to moderate differently and I would love it if everyone would cooperate with us on this.

Thank you all for the feedback you have given us, especially me. We are already working on it!

Savannah
    It's not the content that's sensitive, it's some of the ppl. Tell you what, I'll make your life easier right now. If I'm ever disrespected or attacked, don't worry about it, no action needed and I won't report them.

Westside.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

philipkntz (28-01-21)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast