Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting scarier - Tourism ? Economy ? CoronaV .

Arrow Getting scarier - Tourism ? Economy ? CoronaV .

Thailand admits it can not stop spread of virus , etc.

: while arrivals from China now will be thermo-checked , it is factually meaningless

as the virus’s latent period / incubation period is about 14 days = when ppl do Not

exhibit Any symptoms , Yet the Virus is Contagious nevertheless !!!

: just this past January / like Right now this last Month ! / over 22,000 people from Wuhan China

have visited Thailand .

: only grace - for now ! - : immediate fatality rate not as high as Ebola for example .

However , this could change with the rapid mutation while the virus jumps from

one host to an other . : each new person infected = possible new mutation .

This virus is exceptionally highly contagious , rightfully causing professional concern ,

and public fear :

: Face masks sold out - even so They do Not sufficiently protect against the virus .

: a New Era .

Thailand 'not able to stop the spread' of new coronavirus”

http://news.sky.com/story/thailand-n...virus-11919860
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Carolyne (28-01-20), funboy71 (28-01-20), hitman76 (04-02-20)

Reviews

It is early days and it is not possible to be sure how contagious, or even dangerous it will become. At the present, the mortality rate is low and it is likely a lot of people have got it and recovered and did not need any treatment. In the few countries outside China it has travelled to, it appears not to have been passed on to taxi drivers and other people they have come in contact.
    That it is contagious before symptoms are observable is a worry. However, unless it mutates into something much more dangerous, so far, so good. A deadly strain of influenza would probably be much more worrying.

But, as you say Stephanie, tourism and today's easy and cheap travel does make the transmission of such things a problem and it has often been said that we have dodged a few bullets, and it is inevitable that some infection will cause a very major problem.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

funboy71 (28-01-20), Meursault (28-01-20), Stephanie (28-01-20)

A film by Soderberg i think called Contaigon that is remarkably like what is happening. A bit drops a bit of fruit into a pig farm and the pig eats it and then a human eats the pig which causes the outbreak.

They say if spanish flu were to happen in the present world, about 250 million people would die, as a pose to the actual 25 million that died from it back in 1918.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

blondiebombshell (13-03-20), Stephanie (28-01-20)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Carolyne For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyne View Post
    Great job on LockDown on a city the size of London !!

Just imagine Same happening in Dublin even !

Despite widespread ‘news’ of hundred or so deaths ,

apparently current death toll is right about 2000 ,

and not surprisingly , Chinese govt. aiming to downplay impact of outbreak ..

But forget about That ! Watch the Video ! Can you imagine such thing happening

in Your city !!?? In Your town !?? - a Ghost Town ! Everybody Locked inside !

For how long ? What when the food runs out !??

: makings of a horror movie ...oh yeah . We already Had the Movie !

Spooky !
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Carolyne (29-01-20)

Yeah ,actually this guy is from Ireland and he is in Wuhan .

Reviews

Yes, it's a very serious situation and very concerning. But please, stop hitting the hysteria button.

I am travelling to SE Asia on business next week and have no plans to cancel at this time. Americans tend to get far more spooked about these scenarios and shut down in their bunkers.
    I will of course be far more conscious of contact and interaction, but the world has to goes on.

How lethal is this? Is it a pandemic like the Plague where one third of European population died, bodies left unburied and anyone with a cough could be banished from their families, before it was got under control?

I can't imagine this happening again so keep calm

Yup, seems Communism isn't their most lethal export.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast