Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate change and Greta Thunberg.

Something tells me that's not direct enough for our adolescent overlords. It's all or nothing with kids.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenton For This Useful Post:

Punter08 (26-09-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kenton View Post
    She's 16 that's the point, pontificating is often confused as passion especially from the young. The girl as a point but its getting hijacked by people putting her at odds with Trump. America is a polluter but China and India are worse. No one trying to scream from the rooftops that they're playing the largest part in pumping out pollutants. People in Europe too busy bashing their own governments who's foot print is tiny in comparison.
    Source, please. Because my research indicates that per capita the US is the world's largest co2 polluter, and while China produces more total co2, bear in mind its population is three times that of the US. And India is a fraction in both total and per capita numbers.

In fact, Canada, Australia and the middle east are amongst the worst, and while the EU countries may be small contributors, we can't close our borders to the weather.

Reviews

Personally I think she is a teenager with known mental health issues.
    Like all teenagers around the world she shouldn't be worried sick about this nonsense that the world will end in a few years.
    It won't.

I remember being worried sick as a child about nuclear war.

We just love drama.
    The climate changes, we pollute too much, agreed.
    I question if CO2 is the real demon.

Maybe someone could explain why the sea is supposedly rising, when ice has a greater volume than water and most of a glacier is under water. Seems wrong to me

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

Punter08 (26-09-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Like all teenagers around the world she shouldn't be worried sick about this nonsense that the world will end in a few years.
    It won't.

We just love drama.

Maybe someone could explain why the sea is supposedly rising, when ice has a greater volume than water and most of a glacier is under water. Seems wrong to me
    Sea ice vs land ice. Glaciers are on land. Sea ice melting has no impact on ocean levels.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSarahBarra View Post
    I think some people’s replys are more worrying.

"Somebody needs to read poor Greta Genesis, Chapter 9," he said, "and tell her the next time she worries about global warming, just look at a rainbow. That’s God’s promise that the polar ice caps aren’t going to melt and flood the world again.” Robert Jeffress

Robert Jeffress is pastor of the First Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas, which has 13,000 members. He serves on the president's Evangelical Advisory Board and the White House Faith Initiative.

its already happened, look at how many small islands where people grew up are now underwater, its been gradually happening as years but slowly so people didnt take much notice

Quote Originally Posted by Yummyasslicker View Post
    Can you not play the ball & not the man? Or 16 year old girl in this case? I think she's a remarkable young woman who knows her own mind & you casually call her impassioned plea & yes speech to save the planet for future generations a rant? Every single word was sincere, made pefect sense, was heartfelt & backed by science. Trump rants. Look up the definition of rant in a dictionary sometime as you've obviously no idea what it is if you think she was 'ranting'. She was emoting for sure but that's a world away from 'ranting'. We are all fiddling while Rome burns & she's trying to put out the fire. And she's 16 years old. I agree with her, shame on us! Give the girl a break for fucks sake. And who are you or any 'adult' to talk about her 'mental problems?'. Her dignity & wisdom way beyond her years is way beyond most so called adults I know & I include myself in that. We are the ones with the collective 'mental problems' if we don't heed her message don't you see that? Sadly it seems you do not...

Now THATS a rant...
    It was a rant but. Stealing her childhood, maybe you could post a link to the scientific evidence you say she produced which proved that Rant means to talk in a noisy, excited or declamatory manor, and she was definitely doing that. I think you are mistaking emoting for a declamatory manor. What does being adult have to do with discussing ones mental health. She does come across as mental unbalanced tbf and the internet can be a cruel place, I just hope that she does not suffer mentally from this in the future. If it was my child, I wouldn’t let her do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    It won't.

We just love drama.

Good question. I have been thinking about this myself. We breathe out CO2.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Punter08 For This Useful Post:

TonyB (26-09-19)

Yea make light of it that's exactly the right attitude, not!
    Why, dont you like ships.

Yea your 'Whataboutism' is the correct response to Cassandra & her generation, not! If your & my generation had been exposed to Netflix, mobile phones & cheap air travel etc etc do you think WE TOO would have not embraced it with open arms in our youthful exuberance for all things new & shiny??? Your cynicism gets us absolutely nowhere we ALL need to stop chucking stones in the greenhouse (effect) while the atmosphere is burning outside! We'll that's just like my opinion...
    So you say my post to Cassandra was 'Whataboutism'. Then you reply with whataboutism. Terrific stuff

This is from a post on a different forum about this topic of discussion.

It’s hilarious, all these school kids preaching to us oldies that we fucked up the planet! Back in the 60’s and 70’s not a plastic bottle to be seen it was all glass that were reused, pop bottles taken back to the shop. No plastic bags, loose food was brown paper bags, all sweets were bought in 1/4lb put in a paper bag.

Mothers used shopping trolleys to carry heavy stuff or used a linen bag. You walked to school from 5yo to 16yo not jumping into mummy’s 4+4. No McDonald’s or Burger King plastic toys, no polystyrene food boxes for you to litter the streets with, we had used newspapers to wrap our hot food in.

Our milk was delivered at 5 am 6 days a week by a milkman who drove an electric vehicle! Holidays were in a caravan in Britain not an aeroplane to far off destinations. So I think these youngsters need to take a look in a recycled mirror and think is it my wasteful generation who are fucking up the planet.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Punter08 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Did you read the third part of my first response? I've already addressed this.
    Yeah I seen it today Cas. Was a bit tired last night.
    Someone also give me bad rep for my reply to you. Marked it will the message "Petty".

To whoever give me bad rep im sorry i hurt your feelings.
    Lets hold hands and sing this together

Last edited by Punter08; 26-09-19 at 10:54.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast