Page 103 of 306 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 3052

Thread: Gaa

Sour taste today- my team Galway played their best game in five years only to be denied by a few factors and unfortunately crucially most of all blagarded by the referee

to add insult to injury, Kyle Hayes was awarded man of the match despite his outrageous unsportsmanlike conduct in the game- goading a galway player for overcarrying was bad enough imo and then stamping on another galway mans chest,

as I say it leaves a sour taste
    A dangerous weakness of mine- "an attraction for fast women and slow horses"

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalcon View Post
    Sour taste today- my team Galway played their best game in five years only to be denied by a few factors and unfortunately crucially most of all blagarded by the referee

to add insult to injury, Kyle Hayes was awarded man of the match despite his outrageous unsportsmanlike conduct in the game- goading a galway player for overcarrying was bad enough imo and then stamping on another galway mans chest,

as I say it leaves a sour taste
    I wouldn't blame the ref tbh - the game was there for Galway and they just couldn't grasp the chance. If they can unearth another forward or two they will be pretty much there - Jason Flynn and Conor Cooney have their days but not the consistency. As a team they took on some low percentage shots when working another pass or two could have gotten a man in a better position - but its easy say from the safety of my sofa and not being hit by 6'4 of Limerick muscle. At the end of it all, convert 2 of the poor early wides and 2 of the late wild shots and they win. That's more galling to me than any referee decision.
    Last edited by Lighthearted2022; 04-07-22 at 12:07.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lighthearted2022 For This Useful Post:

TheFalcon (04-07-22)

Yes I take your point,

I reckon in my years watching Galway hurling, 1987 is the earliest I can remember,

it was up there as one of their best ever displays from 1 to 9, the likes of Mannion, Burke and co in the backs yesterday were brilliant,

disappointing, as you say we did not have enough in the forwards to get over the line- limerick were beaten if we had one more top class forward, where was JC???

gutted buddy will take me a week to get over it
    A dangerous weakness of mine- "an attraction for fast women and slow horses"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheFalcon For This Useful Post:

Lighthearted2022 (04-07-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalcon View Post
    Yes I take your point,

I reckon in my years watching Galway hurling, 1987 is the earliest I can remember,

it was up there as one of their best ever displays from 1 to 9, the likes of Mannion, Burke and co in the backs yesterday were brilliant,

disappointing, as you say we did not have enough in the forwards to get over the line- limerick were beaten if we had one more top class forward, where was JC???

gutted buddy will take me a week to get over it
    I'm a bit older than you so - I was a kid at the 1986 semi-final which was the first game I remember properly - when Galway were the first to go with the 2 man inside line and ripped Kilkenny apart. It was the most exciting hurling I'd ever seen.

Yesterday they just didn't have the strength in depth to call on in the end - it was mentioned on Off the Ball tonight - wouldn't it have been some lift to bring Joe Canning in with 10 minutes to go - if nothing else it would have given Limerick something to worry about. I think they knew once Conor Whelan and Concannon were bottled up that the others wouldn't have it in them to beat Limerick.

I still think Limerick had another gear and if Galway had scored those early points they would have reacted, but its a real case of 'if only' today. So frustrating.
    Last edited by Lighthearted2022; 04-07-22 at 22:15.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthearted2022 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

11-8 now to Galway, Mayo doing a bit better

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Galway have been superior all round, fully deserve tonight’s win
    15-9 now, time almost up

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Reviews

That’s it , Full Time, Galway win by 15 points to 9

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Rockerman (08-07-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    The galway number 8 will have to work on his speech for future days.
    Yes , haha
    Great start to the weekend for Galway, I wonder will they be as happy tomorrow evening

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Mayo v Galway in the minor final this evening. They have met twice in the championship already with mayo winning both games. So will it be 3rd time lucky for galway or a hat trick of wins for mayo?
    Maybe I'm just an old fart but I think it's disgraceful that these 2 young teams didn't get to play the final in Croke Park before the Senior Final as it was for as long as I can remember.

The GAA should be trying to encourage these young men to follow on and play Senior Football for their counties .

Having this game on a Friday Night on TG4 is an insult to these players.

And the same applies to the Minor Hurling Final.

Oh and I hope that the Oak Leaf County will beat the Tribesmen tomorrow, that's despite Joe Fuckin Brolly !
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

Reviews

I will disagree with you on this occasion barney. I thought it was a good idea to take them out of croke park. Look at the atmosphere that was in nowlan park at the hurling final , i dont think you would get that in croker. Wasn't roscommon a near venue for both mayo and galway rather than bringing them to dublin. But thats just my opinion.
    im with you here ketchup, many times the curtain raiser at croke park goes unnoticed, in an empty stadium , with no opportunity to celebrate, as the main event has to come
    Being the headline act in front of 13000 at Hyde park for 2 local teams was a great move, in my view

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Rockerman (09-07-22)