Page 47 of 85 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Rugby World Cup Draw

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    I don`t think Ireland would have beaten the Springboks but it might have been a closer contest than yesterday`s hiding. Anyway we will never know.
    Dont think so either

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JakeGylleenhaal For This Useful Post:

Reviews

After the quarter finals the leading try scorers are Josh Adams of Wales, Kotaro Matsushima of Japan and Makazole Mapimpi of South Africa with 5 tries each. The leading points scorer is Yu Tamura of Japan with 51 points.
    The Truth is out there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    I don`t think Ireland would have beaten the Springboks but it might have been a closer contest than yesterday`s hiding. Anyway we will never know.
    i wasn’t saying we would have beaten SA , I just said we would have made a better contest of it SA odds would probably shorten slightly due to Wales having struggled a bit against France

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (20-10-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    So who took my advice before the tournament started? Jeeze i love being right. Ho ho ho.
    Congrats you were 100% right about the semi finalists. But will you be right about the final line up? I think England have a very good chance of beating the All Blacks next week and you never know what Wales are capable of doing on the day. I know they were poor against the French today but Gatland surely has a plan for the Springboks up his sleeve .
    Last edited by westcorklad; 20-10-19 at 18:11.
    The Truth is out there.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (21-10-19)

Reviews

All Blacks are like machines, skill, power, they got it all, I cant see them being beaten by any team

Reviews

Jeeze ryan how did u get to that conclusion? Did u have a few pints after work this morning? Ha ha.
    yous r reading into that message wrong. All I meant was SA wouldn’t have destroyed us the way NZ did In that we may have held them to a 10 r 15 point defeat. Like the margin of defeat would’ve been halved

Reviews

Sebastien Vahaamahina the France lock who received a red card against Wales yesterday has announced that he is retiring from international rugby with immediate effect. He claims he had always intended to retire after the World Cup. I would think, particularly with a new French coach taking over for the Six Nations and beyond, that there was little chance he would have been selected anymore considering he may well have cost Les Bleus a place in the semi finals due to his stupidity yesterday. His dismissal continued to cause controversy after the game, when referee Jaco Peyper was pictured with a group of Wales fans imitating Vahaamahina's elbow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EHWYuZmXkAIQU13.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	127997
    Last edited by westcorklad; 21-10-19 at 20:16.
    The Truth is out there.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (21-10-19)

England v new zealand, this should be the game of the tournament. Its very hard to call and thats the way a semi final should be. You could make a case for both teams to win it. I'll go for new zealand to win by 5pts. Any predictions?
    As much as I would really like England to go the to final, I just don't see it happening.
    England are going to have to outsmart the Kiwi's, maybe possibly try to force them into making errors, gaining as many penalties as possible and get the kicks in.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    As much as I would really like England to go the to final, I just don't see it happening.
    England are going to have to outsmart the Kiwi's, maybe possibly try to force them into making errors, gaining as many penalties as possible and get the kicks in.
    I think it will be close and very physical between NZ and England but I go for a 5 to 8 point win for NZ

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Floki (25-10-19), westcorklad (25-10-19)

Reviews

This semi final is very hard to call. If NZ are allowed to repeat their form of last weekend they will reach the final but I think Eddie Jones might have a game plan up his sleeve to deal with them. England and the All Blacks have not played each other for quite a while so no recent history between them to go by. I am going to go against the trend and predict England to win by 5 or 6 points. I think whichever team does win this match will go on to lift the trophy next weekend.
    Last edited by westcorklad; 25-10-19 at 21:42.
    The Truth is out there.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (25-10-19)

Page 47 of 85 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast