Page 37 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Rugby World Cup Draw

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    Unlikely but you never know.
    Seems a strange decision to bring him out He will only have arrived and he probably be turning round to head home

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Reviews

I suppose Ireland team for Saturday was predictable, He was always going to select Kearney ahead of Larmour and O Mahoney ahead of Beirne Ringrose returns also Can’t wait for Saturday morning

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

JakeGylleenhaal (17-10-19), Toolbox (18-10-19), westcorklad (17-10-19)

Reviews

Rob Kearney and Peter O'Mahony have been restored to the Ireland team for Saturday's World Cup quarter-final against New Zealand.
    Garry Ringrose will partner Rob Henshaw in the centre for the first time in 16 months as head coach Joe Schmidt makes three changes from the win over Samoa.
    Champions New Zealand have trusted Jack Goodhue and Anton Leinert-Brown to solve their midfield conundrum.
    Brodie Retallick is named at lock despite little game time in Japan.
    Beauden Barrett will once again operate at full-back with Richie Mo'unga at fly-half while Cody Taylor is preferred to Dane Coles at hooker.
    Experienced duo Ryan Crotty and Ben Smith are not included in Steve Hansen's matchday 23 with Sonny Bill Williams only among the replacements.
    Goodhue and scrum-half Aaron Smith are the only starting backs who played in their defeat by Ireland in Dublin last year, which is also the last time they failed to score a try.
    Twelve players who began Ireland's victory last November keep their place with Henshaw, Murray and Iain Henderson replacing Bundee Aki, Kieran Marmion and Devin Toner.
    Conor Murray and Johnny Sexton will become Ireland's most-capped starting half-back duo, overtaking Peter Stringer and Ronan O'Gara by lining up together for the 56th time.
    The All Blacks are undefeated in their last 17 World Cup fixtures, last tasting defeat against France in the 2007 quarter-finals.

Ireland matchday squad to play New Zealand:

Ireland: Kearney, Earls, Ringrose, Henshaw, Stockdale, Sexton, Murray, Healy, Best, Furlong, Henderson, James Ryan, O'Mahony, Van der Flier, Stander.
    Replacements: Scannell, Kilcoyne, Porter, Beirne, Ruddock, McGrath, Carbery, Larmour.
    Last edited by westcorklad; 17-10-19 at 10:08.
    The Truth is out there.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (17-10-19), Toolbox (18-10-19)

Reviews

A lot of guys I’m meeting today claim Henshaw has never really fulfilled his potential as an O Driscoll replacement. He has had a lot of injuries but he will be crucial on Saturday if we are to stand any chance. I’m sure he feels some pressure. I consider him a fine player and would really love to see him have the performance of his life

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryankelvin View Post
    I suppose Ireland team for Saturday was predictable, He was always going to select Kearney ahead of Larmour and O Mahoney ahead of Beirne Ringrose returns also Can’t wait for Saturday morning
    Kearneys days are numbered. Larmour will take over there shortly. I get it though, probably better to start Kearney for experience. Looking forward to the match, heart says Ireland. head says NZ

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JakeGylleenhaal For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (17-10-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    So a team that has never won a wc quarter final game against a team unbeaten in 17 wc games. Does anyone think that we can actually beat the all blacks? Or are we all just hoping that we can win.
    We could beat them. But the smart money would not be backing an Irish win. We need luck (it is always better to be lucky than to be good). Failing that, we would need to be near our Best (no pun intended) and to catch them on a bad day.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

JakeGylleenhaal (18-10-19)

Can the Northern Hemisphere group beat the Southern Hemisphere group?

England 08:15 Australia
    New Zealand 11:15 Ireland

For both England and Ireland, this is not going to be easy, especially for Ireland, who have to try and beat the World Champions twice in a row.
    Only 4 countries have won the World Cup, England being the only Northern Hemisphere to win.

New Zealand - 3 wins - 1987, 2011, 2015
    Australia - 2 wins - 1991, 1999
    South Africa - 2 wins - 1995, 2007
    England - 1 win - 2003

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Floki For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (18-10-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy View Post
    Alpha ._.That only holds true if you run with a pack not if you are a lone wolf._.Watch out you aren't eaten and replaced for a new young version.
    You should hope he only eats bacon...........
    Last edited by SteveB; 18-10-19 at 16:13. Reason: roasted goat on the menu?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Floki (18-10-19)

Alpha ._.That only holds true if you run with a pack not if you are a lone wolf._.Watch out you aren't eaten and replaced for a new young version.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    You should hope he only eats bacon...........
    Without Heiorun the Vikings would have been teetotaller peace loving vegans.
    It is hard to replace the Alpha, and when the Alpha steps down, he is always still part of the pack.
    In my case, I am not going anywhere for a while

As for roasted goat, wonder if it tastes like sheep.
    However, I do like magic buds, they remove all of my troubles

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Floki For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    Can the Northern Hemisphere group beat the Southern Hemisphere group?

England 08:15 Australia
    New Zealand 11:15 Ireland

For both England and Ireland, this is not going to be easy, especially for Ireland, who have to try and beat the World Champions twice in a row.
    Only 4 countries have won the World Cup, England being the only Northern Hemisphere to win.

New Zealand - 3 wins - 1987, 2011, 2015
    Australia - 2 wins - 1991, 1999
    South Africa - 2 wins - 1995, 2007
    England - 1 win - 2003
    As of this, if Ireland win, then they deserve the title.
    But I don't see New Zealand making many mistakes in the game, they are disciplined very well.

I shall be watching both games.
    Good luck to both England and Ireland.

Page 37 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast