Thread: Why I'll never leave a negative review here.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Reviews

Exclamation Why I'll never leave a negative review here.

I suppose this could happen anywhere reviews are left, but at the time I didn't know how much of the profile the advertisers can see and I didn't want the hassle so I caved. This was a few months ago too.

So I arranged to meet an advertiser at 10am the morning after I called, booking accepted, told to call at 9am to confirm and get general area to head to since I was coming from outside the city and had limited time so if it wasn't going to happen we could rearrange for another time. So I call at 9. No answer. Call at 9.15. Nada. Left a voicemail at 9.30 saying I'm running out of time so leave it till another day. Get a reply 15 mins later sorry they're running late head to X street they'll be ready. Meh, shit happens, people are late I still could squeeze in an hour so I headed to that location, and called. No answer. I get a text a while later saying call for final directions. Guess what, no answer for another 15 mins. So I just texted back sorry I'm out of time we'll have to try again another time. She replied back ok and I went about my business.

So I get home, decide to write out a review filling the option 'arranged but couldn't meet' with a brief outline of what happened, can't remember the exact wording (I should have saved it) but was basically along the lines of 'agreed a time, advertiser had me sitting about over an hour until I was out of time, was disappointed the meet couldn't happen since their profile and mostly positive reviews had me very interested.'

Then the text messages start, from a different phone number. Here's the thread in its entirety:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	1085 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	117825

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	944 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	117826

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	918 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	117827

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	966 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	117828

Note they started at 4am the next morning. So obviously I used a burner phone, the sim went straight out the window, but my email address I've registered with has some identifying information that's why I caved. I initially contacted the mods with the screenshots and said what was going on, they said that the review has to stand and that they will contact the person in question telling them to drop it. Of course teacher telling the bully to stop bullying goes exactly as planned and the threats ramp up. So I go back to the mods with it who finally relented, but only after the advertiser claimed I was over an hour late and that I was harassing them. The screenshots of the original text conversation with time-stamps didn't seem to matter but I understand, it turned into a he said they said shit show so I can understand them just deleting the review and being done with it.

I'm only posting this now as I just put it out of my mind, until in another thread finding out that no, advertisers can't in fact see email addresses anyway so I should have told the person to swivel and let the review stand, but given E-I is based in the UK (isn't it?) my information could be subject of a warrant since I was in the north at the time, and even though I'm pretty sure the advertiser was bluffing, you never know. And even though I done nothing wrong, and have dashcams in my car that would prove I didn't leave it once while in the area, it had the potential to start alot of bullshit I've no interest in dealing with.

So there it is, be careful out there folks, even if someone has a ton of good reviews.

And to conclude, no, I'll not be naming who it was here in the open OR in PM, so don't ask.
    Last edited by LuckyLu; 31-07-16 at 09:56. Reason: post #43 :)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FatBastard For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (30-07-16), ilovepussy123 (30-07-16), Mr Sweet Guy (30-07-16), TonyB (30-07-16)