Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby World Cup 2015

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EIFII View Post
    Of course it was a brave decision! If they had kicked and scored the 3 points you and everyone else on here would be lambasting England for throwing away the victory and a lack of ambition, and I would agree! And if they had kicked and missed it would have been worse. As was said above, right decision, but poorly executed.
    Australia are the weakest Southern team, I certainly would not bet on them beating both England and Wales. And with Wales ever worsening injury woes, an English victory over Australia is not as improbable as you think....
    Australia just won the rugby ch'ship beating SAF & All blacks in the process, plus they always time their preparations well for wc, I don't know what Wales injury problems have to do with Aus vs Eng though, all said I'm not ruling out Eng win over Aus , there is probably very little between the 3 teams.

edit , the decision to kick for touch wasn't made because it was brave thing to do though, the captain asked both fly halves neither fancied it if they had fancied it they would have gone for 3 points.
    Last edited by Danny2011; 26-09-15 at 22:23.

Not at all Stella. Fantastic defence from England, and a very brave decision by England at the end that unfortunately didn't go our way. Peerless kicking from both sides and amazing pick up skills for the Welsh try.

Why anyone would think England's chances against Australia are now reduced on the evidence of tonight is a mystery to me.... Australia have still to play both England and Wales, with a very real prospect that they will be the team to fail to qualify.

Some very strange replacement decisions from Lancaster though...
    Yes agreed, Japan did that last week and they won that game!!
    Good bye Ireland!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Danny2011 View Post
    Australia just won the rugby ch'ship beating SAF & All blacks in the process, plus they always time their preparations well for wc, I don't know what Wales injury problems have to do with Aus vs Eng though, all said I'm not ruling out Eng win over Aus , there is probably very little between the 3 teams.

edit , the decision to kick for touch wasn't made because it was brave thing to do though, the captain asked both fly halves neither fancied it if they had fancied it they would have gone for 3 points.
    Just looking at things from an Australian perspective. They will have to play a wounded England who have to win to stay in their home tournament. If Australia lose, and England have an excellent record against Australia, better by far than against NZ or SA, then the Aussies will have to beat Wales subsequently in order to progress. And by that stage, I wouldn't fancy Wales chances given their injury problems.

The captain made the decision, not the fly halves! I wouldn't blame Ford for not stepping up - on for the last ten minutes with no previous kick in the match? Then expect him to slot over the most difficult and pressured kick of the match? Yes Biggar did a great job from the half way line, but it was a kick to nothing. No one would have blamed him for missing...
    Last edited by EIFII; 26-09-15 at 22:41.

Reviews

The captain made the decision, not the fly halves! I wouldn't blame Ford for not stepping up - on for the last ten minutes with no previous kick in the match? Then expect him to slot over the most difficult and pressured kick of the match? Yes Biggar did a great job from the half way line, but it was a kick to nothing. No one would have blamed him for missing...
    Captain made the decision yes but made it after speaking to the fly halves which is what he said in post match interview, so presumably neither of them fancied it, leaving captain with no choice but to kick for touch. I expect if one of them said yes to trying for 3 they'd have gone for it otherwise why ask them if they fancy it.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    More importantly , Irl v Romania.
    What an utterly parochial and dim witted comment

Reviews

What an utterly parochial and dim witted comment
    Seeing you are not of this parish. ......I discount your views on this matter.

Reviews

Hogg on the burst, clean through and only had to pass to Bidder for a certain try. Hoggs pass was behind and at his knees, terrible pass and knock on. USA lead 10 - 6 on 30 mins.
    Last edited by Dutch1968; 27-09-15 at 14:06.

Reviews

Scotland 1/20 before match.
    Last edited by tony1; 27-09-15 at 14:25.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tony1 For This Useful Post:

robbie9 (27-09-15)

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Jeeze the half time team talk has worked for the scots. 2 tries in the first few mins.
    Yeah looking a bit more positive now.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to chili For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Jared Payne poor again for 2nd game in a row, think he's played his way out of first 15......Cave was good may come into reckoning now

Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast