Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: God help us if we ever go to war.

Reviews

God help us. .......Westsidex has a long running thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    God help us. .......Westsidex has a long running thread.
    that would be drop one and keep one.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    that would be drop one and keep one.

Westside.
    Started by your alter ego.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Started by your alter ego.
    Like I didnt seem superior enough already right.

yours in superiority,
    Westside.

Reviews

Like I didnt seem superior enough already right.

yours in superiority,
    Westside.
    By your alter ego before you went to the dark side.

Reviews

Seriously do the gov or people in power in this country ever even think before they say something? So the navy see 200 migrants drown after their boat capsizes. they found it a very traumatising experience? I mean ffs. What if they get attacked? Will they find that traumatising as well? Seriously if they think like this then they are better off back home. Your supposed to be able to deal with things youll expect and in this situation thats one of them, people drowning. If we ever go to war will they complain about being shot at?

Westside.
    if you think of how many people drowned in the Titanic disaster, and how infamous this tragedy is to this day many years later.
    Now compare how many poor souls have drowned trying to reach European coasts in the last year. It's unbelievable the way we have become desensitised to death and tragedy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinACE For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (21-08-15)

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KevinACE View Post
    if you think of how many people drowned in the Titanic disaster, and how infamous this tragedy is to this day many years later.
    Now compare how many poor souls have drowned trying to reach European coasts in the last year. It's unbelievable the way we have become desensitised to death and tragedy.
    "One death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.” supposedly Stalin

And when it makes a difference if someone of the own kind (culture, people, relative) dies or someone from a complete different place and background....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Conrad de Montferrat For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (21-08-15)

Quote Originally Posted by KevinACE View Post
    But at the same time , what are the countries that are being besieged to do !??

Can Europe absorb all the immigrants breaching its borders ?

: just this morning on the News >> in Macedonia a couple of people hurt as police fire TearGas into crowd of

illegal immigrants trying to cross from Greece into their country.

As per the News Piece : look at the lay of the land >> Greece , Macedonia , Hungary (?) , Austria , Germany , UK ...

Hordes of destitute desperate people trying to get 'someplace' .

What are these countries to do !??

I'm just back from 3 months traveling Asia -- huge issue with Bangladeshi natives crossing from Burma to Thailand etc.

Boats afloat , hundreds of people starving and dying of thirst.

They refused Thailand's permission to land because they were aiming to get further / farther.

: mass graves found and unearthed along borders >> Coyotes (as we call them in Cali - people smugglers ) keeping

people in camps in midst of jungles , forcing the destitute immigrants at the hand of torture to call their families

to pay ransom. . . .

It's a mess ! A mess all around !!

But what is Greece or Italy or etc. , UK to do !??

Will you sacrifice the well being and future of your children to benefit these poor people !?

My heart goes out for the suffering. It's not right .

But what is the solution ?! X
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Vitruvian (28-08-15)

Reviews

Stephanie's post has reminded me of herds of wildebeest on the African plains. Humans have been migrating since time began for all sorts of reasons and I'm not sure if this latest 'migration' is any different except its on the telly.

The OP's original post is quite logical. Join the armed forces, expect to see death, expect to kill or be killed. If you didn't know this kind of thing happens to members of an armed force then watch the news a bit more. Joining the armed forces to get an electrical apprenticeship is not what its about.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Monkeynut For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (22-08-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    Stephanie's post has reminded me of herds of wildebeest on the African plains. Humans have been migrating since time began for all sorts of reasons and I'm not sure if this latest 'migration' is any different except its on the telly.

The OP's original post is quite logical. Join the armed forces, expect to see death, expect to kill or be killed. If you didn't know this kind of thing happens to members of an armed force then watch the news a bit more. Joining the armed forces to get an electrical apprenticeship is not what its about.
    For most it is.
    These people are normal sociable people who join peacetime armies as a job.
    Not the psycho/sociopath types who don't care about other people suffering .
    Many of the National Guard in the US are young people doing a job because of scarcity of other work or trying to get money to fund college.
    They would never have expected deployment to war zones in a previous generation.
    To any of the blowhards here saying 20 year olds should have no problem with dead bodies or drowned people , how many dead bodies or how much blood have you seen, human or ,animal?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast