Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: God help us if we ever go to war.

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    For most it is.
    These people are normal sociable people who join peacetime armies as a job.
    Not the psycho/sociopath types who don't care about other people suffering .
    Many of the National Guard in the US are young people doing a job because of scarcity of other work or trying to get money to fund college.
    They would never have expected deployment to war zones in a previous generation.
    To any of the blowhards here saying 20 year olds should have no problem with dead bodies or drowned people , how many dead bodies or how much blood have you seen, human or ,animal?
    No such thing in this new world !

Them young kids should give it more thought before signing on the dotted line .

It's absolutely heartbreaking to see the ones dying , and equally heartbreaking to see the ones forced to stand by

and know they will be affected for the rest of their lives by what they're seen.

: and not only them , but their families being affected in turn --> you're looking at 2 , 3 , 4 people's lives being

tragically impacted for every single 'soldier' who's a party to such events.

That said , in US recruiting practices have come under scrutiny in past few years : recruiters having 'goal numbers'

to meet , not meeting 'goals' carrying negative impact , high high high suicide rate amongst recruiters.

Wish I could link it : War , what is it Good For !??
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

nonpareil (22-08-15)

Reviews

"War, What is it good for?"

http://youtu.be/2pIqxuygWwM

Reviews

Reviews

"War, What is it good for?"

http://youtu.be/2pIqxuygWwM
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

nonpareil (22-08-15)

Reviews

Reviews

10. Default

Feal the love people , feel the love ........

Reviews

For most it is.
    These people are normal sociable people who join peacetime armies as a job.
    Not the psycho/sociopath types who don't care about other people suffering .
    Many of the National Guard in the US are young people doing a job because of scarcity of other work or trying to get money to fund college.
    They would never have expected deployment to war zones in a previous generation.
    To any of the blowhards here saying 20 year olds should have no problem with dead bodies or drowned people , how many dead bodies or how much blood have you seen, human or ,animal?
    No such thing as a peacetime army!!

Not all soldiers are psycho/sociopath types who don't care about other people suffering. Some are, most aren't but there are situations where it would help.

Those who joined the National Guard in the US because of scarcity of other work or trying to get money to fund college and didn't expect deployment to war zones should have watched the TV news more. If you cant handle the likelihood of the dark side then go look elsewhere for work.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    No such thing as a peacetime army!!

Not all soldiers are psycho/sociopath types who don't care about other people suffering. Some are, most aren't but there are situations where it would help.

Those who joined the National Guard in the US because of scarcity of other work or trying to get money to fund college and didn't expect deployment to war zones should have watched the TV news more. If you cant handle the likelihood of the dark side then go look elsewhere for work.
    Most armies are peacetime armies who spend their time twiddling their thumbs.
    War for armies is not the norm .
    The norm is being in barracks, training , parading , keeping boots polished and creases in trousers.A lot of armchair warriors are sounding off on this thread I think.
    2000 years ago the Roman army spent far more time engaged In building things than being engaged in actual warfare.
    And ultimately the US military forces and the American taxpayer were let down by being sent into, what anyone with a stem of sense, would have seen from the beginning were going to ultimately be exercises in futility.
    Admittedly the kneejerk reactions to enter Iraq and Afghanistan are understandable in the context/wake of 9/11.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast