Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do the YES campaigners think they are?

I can't vote obviously, but at this stage it's a bit like those who are against marriage equality are sort of discriminated paradox isn't it, they suppose to feel 'bad' having different opinion, well at least that's what I feel in Dublin, haven't been around country so no clue what's the story there.

Also seen flying back to vote hashtag on twitter..etc.

For me it looks like Ireland/yes campaign would like prove something to rest of the world badly. Nothing bad with this, and I'm 100% sure it'll go through!!
    Good bye Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Oh and I've been a good girl for so long.

What you're saying is you lack the mental capacity to shift through the bullshit down to the hard facts and then make a decision inline with your core values?

Legal quagmire my ass.

I don't think you're anti-gay. Just Lazy in the way you are approaching this. Sorry Dob ,sorry JJ, but honestly. Ignore the the commotion,seek the truth of the matter, then decide accordingly.
    If I were 'lazy' in my attitude to this, surely I just wouldn't give a damn and abstain??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bropro View Post
    If I were 'lazy' in my attitude to this, surely I just wouldn't give a damn and abstain??
    If you really gave a damn you would vote on the issue based on the facts+how you feel, not based on how the Yes or No Campaigners make you feel.
    What if "It's Raining Men" and 'Let the bodies hit the floor' are both about the same event but from different perspectives 🤔

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cassandra For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (22-05-15), simon2280 (24-05-15)

Reviews

If you really gave a damn you would vote on the issue based on the facts+how you feel, not based on how the Yes or No Campaigners make you feel.
    Just voted , unfortunately I have done my bit to prevent you being President for another 12 years or so

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nonpareil For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (22-05-15)

To be fair Cassandra, I never said I would vote because of how either side would make me feel - I said it might push me that way, but anyone who knows me also knows I'm not like that. I do give a damn and that' is why I will vote based on my own assessment of reasonable, well-made arguments on both sides and I have a long drive now ahead of me without having to listen to any of those ill-mannered people on both sides that can't debate without slagging each other off. #moritorium
    Assuming that I ever get out of this 'lovely' city and get home on time.
    #dublin 'Rush' hour
    Is it an omen that I can hear bells chiming 'Ave Maria' on the quays at the moment?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bropro For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (22-05-15), Curvaceous Kate (22-05-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Just voted , unfortunately I have done my bit to prevent you being President for another 12 years or so

Nonpareil.
    What if "It's Raining Men" and 'Let the bodies hit the floor' are both about the same event but from different perspectives 🤔

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cassandra For This Useful Post:

nonpareil (22-05-15)

11. Default

So to answer the original question

"Who do the YES campaigners think they are"

Winners sounds a bit of an arrogant term but from what I'm reading this morning thats the way its going.

Well done Ireland!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

In the end that's actually how I voted, I was going to vote no to spite the yes side because of how certain aspects of the campaign treated those who dare wanted to vote against same sex marriage, I've seen some horrendous things and being called a homophobe, anti gay and cause of religious beliefs which just is so so so wrong, those are personal attacks and not attacking the point of the arguement.

In the end I voted yes, I voted yes for those that had real struggles for the likes of Gwen Araujo who did struggle through life and who was beaten and murdered because of who she was, I would hope that we remember those people as Ireland celebrates a further step in equality, there are people being killed and raped because of who they are let this moment be the light, hope and support they need.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (29-05-15)

14. Default

I agree with their argument but not their methods; arrogant, in-your-face, bullying psudo-intellectuals. Really disappointed in them.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Where were the Statistics on Comparison of Children Who were Raised By Same Sex Couples, as against Male and Female Couple.
    Neither Yes nor No Sides made any Clear Statistic Figures available to the general population

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast