Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up smoking

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
    If you really want to give them up then you will.
    Those who don't then don't really honestly and truly want to give them up.......No will power
    Wow ... that was all I ever needed. I'll never smoke again. Thank you Captain Obvious.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Me. I only smoke after sex these days. So I'm a post coital smoker, not a filthy common one.
    Pfff. Pull the other one please. Once a smoker always a smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiberjabber View Post
    Pfff. Pull the other one please. Once a smoker always a smoker.

Not at all, oh cynical one. I'm just attached to the post coital one. Or six.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

4. Default

How many people commenting here are not smokers ... hands up please.
    Not me, smoke way too much. Know I will have to give them up. But don't buy into the whole new years nicorette ads or renew a membership at the gym and lose the Christmas weight stuff, it's just another day really.

Reviews

Not at all, oh cynical one. I'm just attached to the post coital one. Or six.

Yes I'm being the cynic here but funk it someone needs to. Praying to skydaddy and pledging allegiance to a new year is not working.

I love the post coital cigarette and don't think I could do without. I just think people should be more honest about their addictions.

Yes I'm being the cynic here but funk it someone needs to. Praying to skydaddy and pledging allegiance to a new year is not working.

I love the post coital cigarette and don't think I could do without. I just think people should be more honest about their addictions.
    You are wrong, they could easily do without. Nicotine is a tiny addiction really. People fall in love with the apparatus. E cigarettes do work..stopping works too. You just have to want to stop and most people can't be honest and say they don't want to. Because anyone can stop...if they want to
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Irish Leigha (01-01-15)

Reviews

Very easy to give up smoking ,Ive done it at least 58 or 59 times

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zoozoozoo For This Useful Post:

MayaX (30-12-14), SmallHorn (30-12-14), Stella (07-01-15), tom sand (30-12-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by isthereanybodyoutthere View Post
    Probably best not to try quit on the first, as there is so much bullshit about giving things up for the new year. Also if you're out tomorrow night and hungover the next morning, you'll need a ciggie, then feel guilty, like you let your self down. Pick a day next week, when back to work, back to normality and try to quit then, it would probably be easier. Good luck with it.
    I know what you are saying, but I'm thinking... if I can do it on that day......

Reviews

You are wrong, they could easily do without. Nicotine is a tiny addiction really. People fall in love with the apparatus. E cigarettes do work..stopping works too. You just have to want to stop and most people can't be honest and say they don't want to. Because anyone can stop...if they want to
    I hope you're not confusing my desire for a post coital cigarette with my willingness to argue aimlessly on the internet?

Nicotine is an absolute bitch, it's a special drug that us smokers know all too well. Please don't play it down like that.

Reviews

i have tried and failed this year
    tried and failed
    tried and failed
    but i am still trying to quit
    i started 2 days ago again
    so far so good

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast