Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Ched Evans

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tony1 View Post
    Ched Evans should he be give a second chance to play football after serving he rapist sentence.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wom...nd-chance.html
    He hasn't served his sentence, only half of it. He's out on parole/licence.

He's been convicted by a jury.

He's shown no remorse or even understanding.

Prison is supposed to be about rehabilitation; clearly it hasn't worked here. (Curiously, the modern penal system is based on the original Magdalen Institutions—not the laundries—with work, moral improvement and transient removal from society as the aims.)

Yes, all prisoners deserve and should get rehabilitation and re-integration into society.

But first, they must accept what they have done.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Divine View Post
    The point is he served his sentence, part of it anyway .

Now, the society wants to keep punishing him for something he did not admit to and the lady can't remember, yet, she caused them both of rape..
    As I stated earlier, would you take a booking from a rapist? Would you take one from a convicted paedo? Would you take one from a convicted wife beater?

Just like Evans they too have served their debt to society, so why would you punish them by not giving them an appointment?
    Last edited by Zoidberg; 19-11-14 at 14:26.

Messi is a bad example for tax invasion
    Gareth Bale

I agree. This model thing is overrated.
    You have brought trolling to a whole new level Rachel
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Best Before View Post
    Agreed on the whole role model thing, it's just a cope out if you ask me.
    In relation the rehabilitation Lucy, I agree with this but only in conjunction with trying to get his life back to normal as quickly as possibly and I don't think giving him some worthless job in the interim will achieve that.
    He's not going to play for Sheffield again, but there is nothing stopping him going to another club maybe abroad where you don't have the blood sucking paparazzi following him around.
    You talk about him as if he's the victim. And you didn't answer me earlier, calling a generic reply to someone else a direct answer to me is foolish. I know why you didn't directly answer the post, but still.

Maybe he could rehabilitate at your local soccer club? Help the kids improve their skills? Would you like that?

Fucking rapists getting support on the fucking Internet. At least I'd speak my mind face to face with anyone on this subject, but you! Would you speak so defensively on behalf of a rapist in public, with friends and family. Fucking supporting rapists.

Blog Entries

Bit of a difference between ched Evans and larri Murphy

There is different levels of rape hence different sentences Lari Murphy was a violent animal who committed violent rapes

The story very shady, and it can sound like a chick with too much to drink waking up been told what she did and regretting it
    Mot saying that is what happened, but sounds it and will set a dodge precedent

Will girls call rape when they get so wasted they blanked out and woke up beside someone? And plenty do runners on one night stands Ive jumped out someone window when I came to my senses had to be biars underneath it too.

Big difference between lari Murphy and some chick off her tits making silly choices, how do we know she did not consent
    No one of us where there,
    It was his mate room, he mate invited him over, how do we know she was conscious and talking when he gt there,
    Ive blanked out some nights and I was active sadly during them

Lucky for me hangover are so horrid drinking is a rare thing hurts so so so so so so much

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

Best Before (19-11-14), Rachel Divine (19-11-14), SophieX (19-11-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Curious k View Post
    You talk about him as if he's the victim. And you didn't answer me earlier, calling a generic reply to someone else a direct answer to me is foolish. I know why you didn't directly answer the post, but still.

Maybe he could rehabilitate at your local soccer club? Help the kids improve their skills? Would you like that?

Fucking rapists getting support on the fucking Internet. At least I'd speak my mind face to face with anyone on this subject, but you! Would you speak so defensively on behalf of a rapist in public, with friends and family. Fucking supporting rapists.
    You need to calm down there Curious k. I haven't answered your post directly as I had answered a similar post by Lucy. But I will give you the courtesy of answering you now.
    You compared letting a convicted Rapist (Profesional Footballer ) going back doing his job to another one allowed to go back driving a taxi. One the footballer is working in a male dominated industry where you would have very little contact around females in his profession. Now what he does after work is any ones guess, but that's another argument!! Larry Murphy driving around in a Taxi where he could find himself by his own design, alone with girls/women, kids what ever the case may be carries a much larger risk of a bad outcome. That's why I said he should have to have a sign on his taxi saying rapist driving this car.
    It's all about weighing up the risk of a re-offence here, and the 2 in my opinion are on opposite ends of the risk spectrum.

I doubt he would come to my local club, we are shite, and couldn't afford his wages!!

I hope this clears things up curious K
    Last edited by Best Before; 19-11-14 at 14:48. Reason: quoted rachel by mistake!!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Before For This Useful Post:

Rachel Divine (19-11-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
    As I stated earlier, would you take a booking from a rapist? Would you take one from a convicted paedo? Would you take one from a convicted wife beater?

Just like Evans they too have served their debt to society, so why would you punish them by not giving them an appointment?
    If Evans rings me today I will see him.

He is not a rapist in my opinion, but that is just me.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by annabel taylor View Post

There is different levels of rape hence different sentences Lari Murphy was a violent animal who committed violent rapes

The story very shady, and it can sound like a chick with too much to drink waking up been told what she did and regretting it

Will girls call rape when they get so wasted they blanked out and woke up beside someone? And plenty do runners on one night stands Ive jumped out someone window when I came to my senses had to be biars underneath it too.

Big difference between lari Murphy and some chick off her tits making silly choices, how do we know she did not consent
    It was his mate room, he mate invited him over, how do we know she was conscious and talking when he gt there,

Lucky for me hangover are so horrid drinking is a rare thing hurts so so so so so so much
    hi annebel
    we dont have all the evidence and facts in this case
    like the phone footage from his friends from through a window
    but a jury did,and they found him to be guilty of rape

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tom sand For This Useful Post:

Zoidberg (19-11-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Best Before View Post
    You need to calm down there Curious k. I haven't answered your post directly as I had answered a similar post by Lucy. But I will give you the courtesy of answering you now.
    You compared letting a convicted Rapist (Profesional Footballer ) going back doing his job to another one allowed to go back driving a taxi. One the footballer is working in a male dominated industry where you would have very little contact around females in his profession. Now what he does after work is any ones guess, but that's another argument!! Larry Murphy driving around in a Taxi where he could find himself by his own design, alone with girls/women, kids what ever the case may be carries a much larger risk of a bad outcome. That's why I said he should have to have a sign on his taxi saying rapist driving this car.
    It's all about weighing up the risk of a re-offence here, and the 2 in my opinion are on opposite ends of the risk spectrum.

I doubt he would come to my local club, we are shite, and couldn't afford his wages!!

I hope this clears things up curious K
    It clears up the point you've just made in this post, because you've answered it clearly. The reason I mentioned Larry Murphy was the post Steve made, and it was you who agreed with him and disagreed with me. Now I am fully aware of how bad Larry Murphy is, but the reason I compared him is because of the original post, which basically said, conviction of rape shouldn't affect your profession. And you agreed and so did others.

Because I fully disagree I used that Larry scum as an example of someone who can no longer work at his job, yet that was not his charge. Now I also understand that a taxi driver that's a rapist has ample opportunities to rape, so it's a no brainer to take their license away. But that isn't the point. The point is are they employable? And I wouldn't employ a rapist, you wouldn't employ a rapist. So why should this guy get his job back?

Football may be male dominated, but not all supporters are male. And even supporters who are male have families filled with women, and they don't support rape. Now them people don't want him getting employment at their beloved club, and they're correct. After all don't they pay the wages?

And as for the whole role model thing. Yes it may be getting blown out of proportion, but stop and think about it. It's not right, no fucking way.

You didn't answer me about your local club! You just say you people are shit and couldn't afford him, but I didn't ask you that. I asked would you want him there, playing for your team, with you, or your friends, and teaching the kids. Would you like that? Maybe that would help your club, and that rapist.? You see, I'm not being cheeky, but this is personal for the fans of that club, just like it would be to you if he was going to your home team.

And I won't calm don't with respect to a rapist. Will I fuck. As I said earlier he got off lightly, compared to what I think they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by annabel taylor View Post

victim blaming does not absolve the perpetrator of the crime of rape a violent crime whether it takes place in an alleyway or a hotel an is commited by a good looking footballer or any one else.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...u-9870408.html

Going over this again and again is, frankly, utterly exhausting. Just when you start to think that maybe – just maybe - we’re making progress, another tired rape myth pops up on prime-time radio to remind you that we still live in a victim-blaming society. To be clear: there is nothing a person can do to cause themselves to be raped. Questioning the behaviour of the victim seeks to absolve the attacker of blame, but there aren’t varying shades of grey here. A rapist is a rapist, whether he attacks in an alleyway, a living room or a swanky hotel room. A rapist is still a rapist if he has had sex with his victim before. Going home with someone is not consent. Being drunk is not consent. Your wardrobe choices are not consent. No woman or man is to blame for the violence committed against them; there is no right or wrong way to be raped.
    Last edited by Versace Targeryan; 19-11-14 at 15:15.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Versace Targeryan For This Useful Post:

Curious k (19-11-14), UKHeather (27-11-14)

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast