Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ched Evans

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Very few footballers are convicted of rape. I'm afraid you will find this applies to any public figure, I'm not sure Mike Tyson was able to stroll back onto his life after his rape conviction. Stop muddying the waters with nonsense. There's a clear victim here.
    roman polanski raped a 13 year old girl and was given an oscar for directing

edit: lucy i am not denying she was a victim, but the inconsistencies of the jurys verdict and perhaps maybe the way the judge handled the case.

again i am not schooled in law, but the case could have been done better IMO.

IMO we shouldnt be having this debate and the only reason we are Lucy is because the public have decided that certain things in the case dont add up. That is not my view. That is the view of the public because everyone is talking about it and debating it.

If they both had been found guilty or not guilty, there wouldnt be a big debate over it
    Last edited by Meursault; 19-11-14 at 14:01.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    im not attacking you, but this whole role model thing is being overused. Wayne rooney is off riding prostitutes. John terry has sex with a 17 year old girl in a car; ryan giggs has sex with his brothers wife; messi despite being rich doesnt pay tax; paul merson had a gambling addiction; george best used beat up his wife; paul gascogne alcoholic; jose mourinho poking people in the eyes; ronaldo pays a surrogate to have his baby;ravel morrison intimates witnesses; yaya toure wants a cake; Roy keane walks out of a world cup; mesut ozil thinks hes good etc

very few footballers are good role models. maybe iniesta and xavi
    It's interesting the type of crimes you compare to rape. Many of the above aren't even crimes anyway. I wouldn't exactly call footballers role models, but I guess everyone in a famous job is regarded that way. So on that basis, maybe a father doesn't want his young boy or girl supporting a rapist on a football field.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
    The judge said she was to drunk to give consent, even if she had screamed "fuck me, fuck me" over and over on a megaphone she was to drunk to give consent, it's then rape.
    Did she have sex with both guys?
    Yes.
    One convicted and the other one no.
    Surely by what you are saying, none of them received consent because she was too drunk and even if she did, doesn't matter because she was too drunk.
    Don't forget she couldn't remember a thing ..

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Divine View Post
    Gareth Bale

I agree. This model thing is overrated.
    bale has a dodgy enough haircut at the moment though

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Rachel Divine (19-11-14)

Well, I for one don't think that the dirty rapist should be allowed to play again

The simple fact is that if someone is that drunk, they are not in a fit state to consent to having sex, so Ched Evans shouldn't have touched the girl. Too many people point the finger at the woman for being too drunk, but as far as UK law is concerned, drunk sex (or having sex with someone under the influence of drugs) is not rape unless the person is unable to give consent or say no.

Are you a campaigner who advocates rapists or something?

He can't step foot in America to receive it though, can he? This is naff. I'm out.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Meursault (19-11-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Curious k View Post
    Are you a campaigner who advocates rapists or something?
    yea free the rapists, all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
    There was video evidence. Remember the lads at the window.
    Sure. I remember what I read.

Why weren't both lads convicted of rape if indeed she was too drunk to give consent as the judge says?

Or was she too drunk only when she had sex with Evans?

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    He can't step foot in America to receive it though, can he? This is naff. I'm out.
    true..........

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast