Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ched Evans

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Divine View Post
    Did she have sex with both guys?
    Yes.
    One convicted and the other one no.
    Surely by what you are saying, none of them received consent because she was too drunk and even if she did, doesn't matter because she was too drunk.
    Don't forget she couldn't remember a thing ..
    There was video evidence, so I'm sure that was used to sort out who was what and who did what. This may be way a reason why McDonald got off and Evans didn't.

No means no, unless she's completely bladdered, then that means no.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Meursault (19-11-14)

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    No means no, unless she's completely bladdered, then that means no.
    i agree with that. my issue is the fact that one accused is let go while the other is not
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    i agree with that. my issue is the fact that one accused is let go while the other is not
    Have you read the transcripts and seen the video evidence? And my previous comment?

Quote Originally Posted by samlad
    The simple bones of it is that you are judging the issue superficially from what you have read in the media. When I was a child, if my brother and sister did something wrong and I was present, all three of us got a clout, because my parents then thought it's not fair hitting two and not the other. That's sort of your principal here.

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Well, I for one don't think that the dirty rapist should be allowed to play again

The simple fact is that if someone is that drunk, they are not in a fit state to consent to having sex, so Ched Evans shouldn't have touched the girl. Too many people point the finger at the woman for being too drunk, but as far as UK law is concerned, drunk sex (or having sex with someone under the influence of drugs) is not rape unless the person is unable to give consent or say no.
    Well, it seems she could not give consent or say no because was carried by the other lad into the hotel.

Oh wait ... She walked in on her own feet

Reviews

Sure. I remember what I read.

Why weren't both lads convicted of rape if indeed she was too drunk to give consent as the judge says?

Or was she too drunk only when she had sex with Evans?
    Why don't you take this up with the judge if you feel so strongly about it. I don't know why they weren't arrested, or maybe they were but as they are nobodies it isn't being fully reported.

She was raped end of, one scumbag is getting away with crime and other one is given opportunity to have career.

Well, it seems she could not give consent or say no because was carried by the other lad into the hotel.

Oh wait ... She walked in on her own feet
    But this is about a state of mind, not the ability to get from A to B. I've been so drunk in the past and still have managed to get home, waking up safe and sound in my own bed, with no recollection how I got there.
    Last edited by samlad; 19-11-14 at 14:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
    There was video evidence, so I'm sure that was used to sort out who was what and who did what. This may be way a reason why McDonald got off and Evans didn't.
    McDonald is off because he walked into the hotel with her, which is the yes of the public is seen as she wanted to be with him, even if she was intoxicated (judge thing).
    Evans is convicted because he let himself in the room. Get in through the front door and left through the back.
    In the eye of public he is the guilty one taking advantage of the young lady, intoxicated btw .

The point is he served his sentence, part of it anyway .

Now, the society wants to keep punishing him for something he did not admit to and the lady can't remember, yet, she caused them both of rape..
    Last edited by Rachel Divine; 19-11-14 at 14:15.

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    If he's playing we are sending the message it is ok to do these things. It's never ok to do these things. If he wants to play football let him go train five aside for a while. A jury convicted him, you have to respect that.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Then let him rehabilitate himself. Give it ten years and work his way back in. He cannot expect to walk into a position of role model and the men who manage football would do well to take note of this debacle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    im not attacking you, but this whole role model thing is being overused. Wayne rooney is off riding prostitutes. John terry has sex with a 17 year old girl in a car; ryan giggs has sex with his brothers wife; messi despite being rich doesnt pay tax; paul merson had a gambling addiction; george best used beat up his wife; paul gascogne alcoholic; jose mourinho poking people in the eyes; ronaldo pays a surrogate to have his baby;ravel morrison intimates witnesses; yaya toure wants a cake; Roy keane walks out of a world cup; mesut ozil thinks hes good etc

very few footballers are good role models. maybe iniesta and xavi
    Agreed on the whole role model thing, it's just a cope out if you ask me.
    In relation the rehabilitation Lucy, I agree with this but only in conjunction with trying to get his life back to normal as quickly as possibly and I don't think giving him some worthless job in the interim will achieve that.
    He's not going to play for Sheffield again, but there is nothing stopping him going to another club maybe abroad where you don't have the blood sucking paparazzi following him around.
    Last edited by Best Before; 19-11-14 at 14:22.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast