Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: gerry adams and sinn fein

Blog Entries

Default gerry adams and sinn fein

has his recent arrest really damaged sinn fein?

my vote would be inclinced to a sinn fein on the pure nd utter basis, there the only ones who seem to even
    realise people in my age group exsit or care about us, the rest seem happy to force us to slave labour doing free work in the likes of tesco stacking shelves and calling it an intern ship,

cuts to the dole, increase of fees, no creation of real employment, just fobbing numbers with emmigration nd jobsbridge

every party seems so concerned on helping out the idiots who put us in this mess, nd not looking to help our furture, or give two much of fucks, tbh, its better for them if we emmigrate,

my generations has been written off, to save bankers,

and the only ones, who even mention change is sinn fein, im not so naive to believe in election promises now, but the fact the nose is pointing our way, gives me a little hope,

the amount of my friends who have left, the amount of well trainned nurses getting on planes, while we are actual recruiting nurses form countries where there trainning does not match ours,

i often feel in my age group im near the last left,

and why is this happening, coz we are written off, we are not lazy lots want to work, but there plenty with a sense of entitlement, but dont brush us all the same for spoilt ones,

i fear more for the next generation, at least i got an education, im a very good export with good oppurinties if i wish to take them in oz new zealand, but how many will get educated now

ireland hit its boom, due in part to it finest resourse its talent its people, well educated well trainned, and now we are exports, nd for some reason our goverement in some sectors recruits elsewhere nd tell us there is no jobs,

the arrest of gerry adams, to me, will not change my vote, freedom fighter terriost it was a different time, to me why would the most intellgent terriosts in the world, involve the furture leader of there party in things like this, they would never put blood on his hands,

plus noticing, many of the posters for sinn fein, are of young hopefuls, there one in cork who looks like he made his confirmation

ff nd fg, are so out of touch with the youth vote, its like an intercounty team ignoring it minors and wondering why in 5 years they no new seniors
    Last edited by annabel taylor; 05-05-14 at 12:51.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

class1driver (06-05-14), Empirical (08-05-14), JohnRambo (05-05-14), scotty123 (06-05-14)

I don't see why it would damage them. People who might be swayed one way or the other know what happened back in the day, and I think most are smart enough to see that the timing of this arrest was pretty suspicious. I think the party have done very well over recent years, and they'll be getting my vote. Often people cite their economic policies particularly as poorly placed, but as far as I can see the current government just do what they are told by Europe anyway. At least SF would put up a fight. See this happening to Adams?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enda-kenny-nicolas-sarkozy-dimitris-christofias-2012-1-30-10-1-22.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	96840

Our glorious leader, on the world stage. FFS.
    Last edited by QuietFella; 05-05-14 at 13:04.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to QuietFella For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (05-05-14)

Reviews

It's a big and very difficult subject Annabel. I grew up in the north when murder from both sides happened almost every day and many currently in politics were directly or indirectly responsible for some of it.

Having said that, all the major political parties in Ireland have violent pasts, the only difference with Sinn Fein being that of timescale.

The main question to be asked today is would SF in power be able to genuinely change things for the better. My response would be that they should and almost certainly will be given the chance in the near future. I can remember the optimism that greeted both Tony Blair and Barack Obama when they were first elected. That optimism turned to disillusionment and anger very quickly and I suspect that the SF experience will be similar. But they do deserve their chance if they are voted in.
    2014 in Northern Ireland:

Number of reported attacks on sex workers 70

Number of sex trafficking cases ZERO

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Davidontour For This Useful Post:

Empirical (08-05-14), Petros (05-05-14)

Reviews

Jean McConville was a young mother. Her only crime in my opinion, was coming from a Protestant background & marrying a Catholic. I don't believe any of that drivel about being a spy for the British security forces.

My family too, have lost an uncle at the hands of the IRA.

How anyone can support a political party, with ties to organised crime, murder, bombings of innocents, bank robberies north & south of the border & general racketeering etc,etc, I just don't know!

The IRA carried out its crime spree, in our name, -against the wishes of 95% of the Irish people. This organisations leaders are now heavily involved in Sein Fein. What's to stop them, if they were given any power, -ignoring the wishes of the majority off he Irish electorate as well. It's very easy to make promises, when you know you are not going to be held accountable (as the opposition never is!). I personally feel, while change is certainly needed, Sein Fein is a move in the wrong direction!

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jamieboyo For This Useful Post:

kelly curvybabe (05-05-14), Empirical (08-05-14), Mr Cuddles (05-05-14), Prickly (05-05-14), TonyStark (05-05-14), zoozoozoo (05-05-14)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shyguyshyguy12 View Post
    There's no substance in there "What We Stand For", they haven't the experience, of course you can say, where did that get us before.
    could they do worse really, soilctors teachers publicans running a country and we wonder why?

personal id rather see people in goverment who know what there doing, and not poilitics, but hired on merit of knowledge of an area, not on whos popular

but hey we just gotta do the best, they at least challenge the system, ff and fg fear them in power, but are we to take there word on sinn fein been bad? we europes lick arse, doing what we are told nd fuck our own people, but yet greece etc dont like it , they challenge it nd get debt written off, we are mindless idiots following bigger ones

would change be so bad, would change for someone nd a party who do bring new thinking into our goverment

and more over see the youth of the country as our furture not an inconvience whom they wish would just go to oz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jamieboyo View Post
    Jean McConville was a young mother. Her only crime in my opinion, was coming from a Protestant background & marrying a Catholic. I don't believe any of that drivel about being a spy for the British security forces.

My family too, have lost an uncle at the hands of the IRA.

How anyone can support a political party, with ties to organised crime, murder, bombings of innocents, bank robberies north & south of the border & general racketeering etc,etc, I just don't know!

The IRA carried out its crime spree, in our name, -against the wishes of 95% of the Irish people. This organisations leaders are now heavily involved in Sein Fein. What's to stop them, if they were given any power, -ignoring the wishes of the majority off he Irish electorate as well. It's very easy to make promises, when you know you are not going to be held accountable (as the opposition never is!). I personally feel, while change is certainly needed, Sein Fein is a move in the wrong direction!

and the british didnt leave mothers of young children dead, her heads so badly shot at they had be identify by her clothing, of course that british army

lots of pain on both sides, the ira nd british have lots to answer for, but it was a time best put to bed in order to maintain peace,

or at least get justice for both sides, that case is very sad, but plently very side stories on the catholic side too, my grandfather was a northern catholic, he moved south now but he couldnt get work nd was discrimated for his reiligon,

but that is the past, building a furture is much more important, for our country

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (05-05-14), QuietFella (05-05-14), scotty123 (06-05-14)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

lads in the pub were talking about this last night kind of got distracted a fair bit though

Reviews

I doubt it will affect their vote in Northern Ireland but it may in the south where the mask they wear is slowly slipping as their past comes back to haunt them. Change is needed yes but Sinn Fein may be saying the right things now to get votes, who's to say they aren't gonna be like the rest and not stick with their promises.

I have my views on them but I won't be drawn into an argument regarding politics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shyguyshyguy12 View Post
    Parties will try to say enough to get elected, but when it comes down to it, they don't fulfil there promses. For me Sinn Fein are still reportedly too close to organised crime. Not for me.
    of course, but this crack of better the devil you know, needs to change if we are to have some hope of bright furture, maybe they fuck it too, or maybe they will make some improvements till someone new comes shouting thats poiltics

its selfish choice who we vote for, id vote sinn fein on the basis, they might help my generations, nd maybe not have this well fuck ye attitude of current parties, who rather blow kisses at bankers than do what is right,

plus ive a soft spot for gerry adams, esp in his youth, id done him collage nd now fuck it i prob wud too, but paying client, but id like it, he got a sexiness to him,
    not that sways my choices,

15. The Following User Says Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

Reviews

[QUOTE=annabel taylor;1350979]of course, but this crack of better the devil you know, needs to change if we are to have some hope of bright furture, maybe they fuck it too, or maybe they will make some improvements till someone new comes shouting thats poiltics

its selfish choice who we vote for, id vote sinn fein on the basis, they might help my generations, nd maybe not have this well fuck ye attitude of current parties, who rather blow kisses at bankers than do what is right,

plus ive a soft spot for gerry adams, esp in his youth, id done him collage nd now fuck it i prob wud too, but paying client, but id like it, he got a sexiness to him,
    not that sways my choices,[/
    QUOTE]

If that doesn't cheer old Gerry up, nothing will!
    2014 in Northern Ireland:

Number of reported attacks on sex workers 70

Number of sex trafficking cases ZERO

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast