Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: On forum,does anybody else find txtspeak irritating?

Blog Entries

What a stupid, arrogant, little f*cker! What made him think he was so special? But it validates my low expectations of the text speak guys. Immature and deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    I do agree that when it comes to bookings and first communication for a booking, then really txt speak is not appropriate, as it is important that both sides understand what is expected of each other. I once had a guy as me for a freebie in txt speak (I can't remember how it looked now) and I didn't understand what it meant and forgot to ask. Let's just say he didn't stay long and we were both annoyed. He was asking in lieu of some work he was going to do for me.

As you say, I don't reply to text talk any more, as it can just get you tangled up.
    Guaranteed A Levels With Sexy Mature Ebony
    An A Level Master-class Service with no BS excuses on size and no extra charging.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MatureEbonyPru38F For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (05-11-13)

Reviews

In case you guys - on both sides of this convo - think it's gonna get any better here's something to consider.

There's a guy out there somewhere right now coding an app ( using a shit Python shell no doubt) to make your smartphone do this.

http://www.lingo2word.com/translate.php

Basically an automatic 'txtspk' to english conversion app ... and vice versa.

Artificial intelligence anyone?

Reviews

As long as the company isn't called CyberNet .....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to milkman For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (06-11-13)

Reviews

Text language certainly does annoy me, but not nearly as much as the seemingly all-too-common incorrect usage and application of 'your'/'you're' and 'there'/'their'/'they're'. These distinctions in correct usage of these words was taught to me at PRIMARY SCHOOL, and I'm sure that hasn't changed in the years since I was last there. Presumably, EVERYONE who posts on the E-I boards not only attended primary school, but also-- I sincerely hope-- SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED IT. But when I see such basic grammatical errors, it really does make me wonder...
    Last edited by Cable87; 06-11-13 at 00:38. Reason: I qualify my statement by aiming it at those who are native English speakers, NOT those who speak it as a second language.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cable87 For This Useful Post:

adventurous4 (06-11-13), SexyCoolbabe Lauren (06-11-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cable87 View Post
    Text language certainly does annoy me, but not nearly as much as the seemingly all-too-common incorrect usage and application of 'your'/'you're' and 'there'/'their'/'they're'. These distinctions in correct usage of these words was taught to me at PRIMARY SCHOOL, and I'm sure that hasn't changed in the years since I was last there. Presumably, EVERYONE who posts on the E-I boards not only attended primary school, but also-- I sincerely hope-- SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED IT. But when I see such basic grammatical errors, it really does make me wonder...

It seemed like to most appropriate response.

9. Default

Can't stand text speak, or take it seriously when used in any kind of correspondence. And the sloppiness of the incorrect 'their/there/you're/your' usage is inexcusable for any native English speaker. I had an English teacher who said that sloppy and careless use of language usually denotes sloppy and careless thinking. I think he was right.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adventurous4 For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (06-11-13), Jiberjabber (06-11-13)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123