Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should i vote yes, or no

I'll be voting no also, until the Dail is reformed first we need a second chamber.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ted E Bear For This Useful Post:

Rocker123 (03-10-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by threebyone View Post
    Was it the 60s the last time the seanad amended a law? I think its only a talking shop and retirement home. . . And isn't it 500 dollar fine for not exercising you vote in Austrailia. Should bring that in here to get money back of the free loaders.
    the Seanad has made over 200 amendments this year alone to bills from the dail.

only 2 days ago they voited down the dail on the only up wards rents sorry i dont know how to post vidos.

the Seanad has the power to ask the presadent to call a public referment on any law they dont like comming from the dail and it can not be put into place till the referment is over.

the seanad is there to keep a watch on the crazys in the dail and is for our protection.

there is a bill in the second stages about reforming the seanad it will give us the public the right to vote who we want into the seanad and reducing the cost of running it. but this is all been kepted quite as the partys in power treat us like mushroom. feed us shit and keep us in the dark.

I was realy at the last dail lock out protest and i will be going to the next one on the 15 of october, there is no point mooning about the stat of the place and just sitting at home come on people make a stand.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to name is buck For This Useful Post:

ladiesman217 (03-10-13), n73 (04-10-13), Rocker123 (03-10-13)

The chance to make a bunch of wannabee and hasbeen politicos redundant? Too right I'm voting yes. We've got too many gombeens & gobshites running this country already, this is our chance to get rid of some of them.

Appeals Court? Meh. Don't care either way.

Reviews

as normal sorry about my spelling

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by name is buck View Post
    the Seanad has made over 200 amendments this year alone to bills from the dail.

only 2 days ago they voited down the dail on the only up wards rents sorry i dont know how to post vidos.

the Seanad has the power to ask the presadent to call a public referment on any law they dont like comming from the dail and it can not be put into place till the referment is over.

the seanad is there to keep a watch on the crazys in the dail and is for our protection.

there is a bill in the second stages about reforming the seanad it will give us the public the right to vote who we want into the seanad and reducing the cost of running it. but this is all been kepted quite as the partys in power treat us like mushroom. feed us shit and keep us in the dark.

I was realy at the last dail lock out protest and i will be going to the next one on the 15 of october, there is no point mooning about the stat of the place and just sitting at home come on people make a stand.
    Well said Buck.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

name is buck (03-10-13)

Reviews

The Seanad has absolutely no power to do anything other than DELAY the Dail . It cannot prevent anything from happening in Government . It's primary , and possibly only function is to debate . 1/3rd of the current members in the Seanad failed to win a seat in the general election , given a cushy , highly paid , part time job by senior government figures . That job is to ....wait for it .....talk .
    You'd think those chosen few , who chew the fat at our expense , would actually turn up in chamber and engage in hearty debate in large numbers . Do they fuck . Attendance is piss poor . They claim expenses for travel though , by God do they claim !
    Abolish the lower house , see them for what they are .... oh and don't worry about them losing their ''jobs'' , sure there's a big golden handshake for them at the end so it's win win for them . Remember the point about 1/3 of them failed to win a seat at the election , they then get paid to TALK , and will receive a large payment if the seanad is abolished . That payment would clear my mortgage !!! Oh how they (politicians) must laugh at us .
    I have no signature at the moment

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by roverwild View Post
    The chance to make a bunch of wannabee and hasbeen politicos redundant? Too right I'm voting yes. We've got too many gombeens & gobshites running this country already, this is our chance to get rid of some of them.

Appeals Court? Meh. Don't care either way.
    and that is what they want you to think get rid of a few gobshits and cut the wage bill.

let me ask you this every vote we have had on europ so far we have been told to vote yes and when we voted NO on mastricket they told us we got it wrong and made us vote again.
    every time we have gone to the polls we were told by the goverment to vote yes it is good for the country.

plz sit back and have a look was the yes vote good for Ireland on all them treatys??? NO they were all bad.

so go a head and vote yes as the goverment asked you to as they are up standing guys that are not lining their own pockets and are realy looking out for us the commen people of Ireland and when we are slaves in europ plz dont complan.

wake up man and open your eyes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to name is buck For This Useful Post:

roverwild (03-10-13)

Reviews

How you look up to politicians is beyond me , wow you struck lucky with that example Buck hats off can't say jack shit against that throwback . So based on that one shining example , we should carry on with a useless out dated form of governance . What harm do you see if the house is done away with ...., cause it's been of incredibly minute use for the past several decades so far ...
    I have no signature at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by rimmerguy View Post
    How you look up to politicians is beyond me , wow you struck lucky with that example Buck hats off can't say jack shit against that throwback . So based on that one shining example , we should carry on with a useless out dated form of governance . What harm do you see if the house is done away with ...., cause it's been of incredibly minute use for the past several decades so far ...

Excuse me all.

RIMMERGUY! Gosh it's good to see you! How are you?
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

My eyes are indeed open buck. I see a place full of placemen and strawmen, ineffective and irrelevant to the ordinary citizen.

I've never had a vote to put any senator in, but by god I'm taking my chance now to vote the whole lot of them out!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to roverwild For This Useful Post:

threebyone (03-10-13)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast