Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Should i vote yes, or no

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherHeaven View Post
    Why didn't they have the referendum on a Saturday instead of a Friday (working day)?

I have been told by someone who knows a few politicians why they always have general elections in May, on a Thursday.

It's designed to fuck up the student vote. The thinking is that students always vote against whatever party is in government at the time. Students always have their exams in May and would find it hard to travel home to vote. Crafty feckers these politicians

I would say its the teachers whose schools are used as polling stations who made politicians move the referendums and elections to Fridays so they could have a day off. They still get paid, but then some of them are also the ones you see at the tables in the polling stations , so get get a second job. I bet they wouldn't do it if it was a Saturday. 395,000 unemployed and these feckers who already have a job get this one as well.

Reviews

I voted no to the Seanad abolition referendum but it seems that it wont matter as the result is likely to be yes.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    looks likely that the result wil be no. So the seanad will not be abolished.
    20 million euros? big deal, that's only a fiver a year per head-cheap.
    Last edited by warmcome; 05-10-13 at 15:03.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    20 million euros? big deal, that's only a fiver a year per head-cheap.
    There u go we can have the Seanad for the price of a pint and it wont damage ure liver, might wreck ure head but thats different
    story
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Ya...seems the No vote will edge the winning side.

I would have initially been for the Yes campaign but after hearing all the unclear "not so talked about" things coupled with the Nice treaty - we could have been jumping to Merkel's beckoning calls more often once the Seanad's dogged review had been removed.

Safest bet anyhow...let them reform the Seanad etc over time
    Genuine Panda Bear Punter - Eats Shoots & Leaves

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by threebyone View Post
    Tomorrow. I think the big house should knock down the small house, but where will all the little people live?

No need to worry about the Little People...........................
    The Big House huffed and it puffed but The Little house still stands.

Now a vote to get rid of the the Big House....................might not need much huffing or puffing.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345