Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coldsores

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    oy, you all ! Cop on..

i just had one of my regs come by with a bit of redness on the lips. I asked what it was.

He said "oh just a small cut" .. I said : "hm.. Is it a coldsore ?" he said : "oh, yea, it was."

excuse me ????

Guys ! And girls !! Coldsores are highly contagious !! They are caused by a virus.

(2 strains of same virus; it can cross contaminate : Herpes symplex type i = oral, herpes symplex type ii = genital)

it is readily transmitted from one person to another even when it is in just the 'tingling' stage.

Until a breakout is completely healed (where there is no broken skin, no redness), it can be transmitted.

It can be transmitted from lips to genitals , it can be transmitted by kissing , it can be transmitted by you touching your breakout and

then touching your partner's bits. It can be transmitted from a girl giving you oral, and you end up with herpes on your penis.

Or if you have a breakout and you kiss her or go down on her, she will be left with a gift that will keep on giving to the day she dies.

This virus will never leave. There is no cure.

So be kind enough and when you have a breakout do not visit us.

I saw the redness, i asked my questions, and i refused the appointment. No kissy face. We sat and chatted for 30mins,

i did my public health awareness bit and i bid good bye to him. I'll see him when he's better.

Breakouts of coldsore is usually brought on by stressors : Change of weather, sunburn, spicy food, mental stress,

illness, etc. The majority of the population has it. It is treatable : Google and get script for : Valtrex (pill) or acyclovir (pill).

Topical creams help somewhat, but won't prevent a breakout. Compeed patches used in conjunction with valtrex =>> excellent

way to prevent a breakout, if you take pill+apply patch at night at the very first signs of 'tingling'.

That's all. Take care of yourselves, and take care of us. Don't spread it.

I certainly won't see you. Xx

if you have questions, feel free to pm me xx

details

Tldr

Reviews

To prevent coldsores, try Lysene tablets, take 1 daily, available in vitamin section in chemists.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrFussy For This Useful Post:

GOSHH (24-02-20), happygolucky (10-12-12), Stephanie (11-12-12), UKHeather (10-12-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post

Tldr

D o r k..............
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Blog Entries

Seeing as he was as far as your door I wouldn't let yourself be the one to lose out & be out of pocket, just say seeing as cold sores are highly contagious there won't be any kissing or reverse oral on this date lol
    Sexy Sultry IrishCiara in D4 Ballbridge for a few days only!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrFussy View Post
    To prevent coldsores, try Lysene tablets, take 1 daily, available in vitamin section in chemists.
    True. It's L-Lysine.. 1gm QD

A naturally occuring amino acid, it may help in lessening the frequency and severity of outbreaks.

However, I think few people would take a pill every day.. unfortunately.. xx

Good info x

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ciara View Post
    Seeing as he was as far as your door I wouldn't let yourself be the one to lose out & be out of pocket, just say seeing as cold sores are highly contagious there won't be any kissing or reverse oral on this date lol
    But what if as Stephanie said he had his finger to his mouth and then touched
    your privates

8. The Following User Says Thank You to happygolucky For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (10-12-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    True. It's L-Lysine.. 1gm QD

A naturally occuring amino acid, it may help in lessening the frequency and severity of outbreaks.

However, I think few people would take a pill every day.. unfortunately.. xx

Good info x
    My ex didn't when we first got married
    Had a baby 13 mths after the wedding

I'd rather lose out on 250 , than risk getting it !!

Did you read my O/post ? How you can catch it ? I'd rather not take the risk. What for ???

Sorry, am not being mean, just shocked is all xx

Do you know, all he has to do is touch his lips and then touch me to spread it to me ?? No thank you.

Last edited by Stephanie; 10-12-12 at 20:52.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Rocker123 (10-12-12)

Reviews

I never heard of this stuff before. I suppose with this thread it stood out. I'm just after seeing this ad for blistex which treats cod sores.

Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thehighwayman For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (10-12-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I'd rather lose out on 250 , than risk getting it !!

Did you read my O/post ? How you can catch it ? I'd rather not take the risk. What for ???

Sorry, am not being mean, just shocked is all xx

Do you know, all he has to do is touch his lips and then touch me to spread it to me ?? No thank you.

It just highlights how little people know. I don't think he was being arrogant in coming to me, as he was truly

surprised when I started telling him about Coldsores and Virus and Infection and no Cure and Treatments etc.

We need more information out there. This will not kill you, won't even make you sick as such. But can be unsightly

and unpleasant, and be a very serious health concern for pregnant women and the unborn child.

I gotta run. Later xx

PS: seemingly I was the very first provider to refuse him on these grounds... how many has he seen in this condition

this week, last month, last year ?? No one has ever told him about this, yet I doubt this would be the first time that he

had an outbreak and visited (attempted in my case..)

Take care xx

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Chutney (11-12-12), mymann (10-12-12), Rachel Divine (11-12-12), royaler (11-12-12), very shy guy (10-12-12)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast